Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got a new bike, well new to me (photos p.2) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Got a new bike, well new to me (photos p.2)
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It looks like I'm picking up a 600RR tomorrow and I wanted to know what % is charged for tax? I know regular tax is 8.75% but I think when you buy a boat, car, bike it is more...am I wrong.

[ September 08, 2007, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

850 Turb0
¯
Member # 6478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 850 Turb0  Ford pictures for 850 Turb0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only thing I could find that might help you is this:

https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/vlfForm.do

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's like 8 percent. who cares tell the seller to write you bought it for $100.
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:

[Wink] they base it off what you bought it for, a family gift of a vehicle is not taxed! but trades are taxed as well! i went through this with the torino-notch exchange.

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info...i still think its more than 8% for some reason.
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your sales tax depends on the county that you live in. Mine is only 7.25% since we live in El Dorado county... [Smile]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
Your sales tax depends on the county that you live in. Mine is only 7.25% since we live in El Dorado county... [Smile]

yea! i live in vallejo, and the tax is lower than concord (where i bought my new car)

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:

[Roll Eyes] Not that I am saying you do not have integrity because I do not know you; however, from personal experience I know that when you try and cheat life, life will cheat you.

[ September 08, 2007, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: rgtrahn ]

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it isn't life he is cheating it is the state Gov who has ben cheating use for years. [Wink]

Be carefull on the 600rr you didn't give yourself much of a learning curve

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
it isn't life he is cheating it is the state Gov who has ben cheating use for years. [Wink]

Taxes are part of life [patriot] and we all have to pay all fair share. Are shity roads and infrastructures are not going to pay for themselves.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
quote:

Taxes are part of life [patriot] and we all have to pay all fair share. Are shity roads and infrastructures are not going to pay for themselves.
I so agree with you. Deep down inside i know you are very right. However, The gov should take more from the big man and give a break to us little guys. All the tax incentives and lower fees for big ballers are bs.

With that said, be a man and pay the full amount.
I just did. mostly becuase i had no option, but trust me i was trying to save 1k in taxes like a mofo. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
=(

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

btw, i just saw your myspace. you've got a great looking gf. My props to you may man. [patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

--------------------
=(

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
quote:

btw, i just saw your myspace. you've got a great looking gf. My props to you may man. [patriot] [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]
Thanks, I am most certainly blessed and sure she would appreciate the complement. JDUB sorry to thread jack. Congrats on the bike; be safe!
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL rgtran you are to young to know about taxes. I pay a shit load and our roads still suck.

Jdub07 post some pics of your new bike when you get it.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Iknow it's been going on for years, but wouldn't it seem odd that somebody sold a Motorcycle that is $9,000 new for $100 when it's only a few years old?

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
Iknow it's been going on for years, but wouldn't it seem odd that somebody sold a Motorcycle that is $9,000 new for $100 when it's only a few years old?

lolz all you guys are funny. I'm just giving him a SUGGESTION of what he could do to save a shit load of money. I've bought bikes for cheap.. Sometimes all you buy is a frame. lolz so is he puts that he bought it for $200 he would save alot on taxes.

LOLZ " if you screw life, life will screw you!" hahahahahahahahaha DUMBASS!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

yeah it was about 8%. no biggy and paid it.

here are a few quick shots of the bike.
04 cbr 600rr

-

-

-

-

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:

I know a guy that told DMV he paid $1500 for an 01 Bullit and they didnt say a word. I've never done it myself but know people that have..... [Wink]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
yeah it was about 8%. no biggy and paid it.

here are a few quick shots of the bike.
04 cbr 600rr

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First off, I don't see what the big deal is about putting a false price on the title of a vehicle to save money on taxes. I've always done that.

Second, congrats on the bike!. Looks nice.

Third, I just picked up an '82 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk today. Never rode a bike before in my life, so I got some learnin' to do. lol

I'll get some pics up as well.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

Fox Lightning
¯
Member # 7658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox Lightning  Ford pictures for Fox Lightning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on the bike Looks very nice bro. [patriot]

--------------------
K7 Gsxr 750 (stock) 10.89 @ 137
68 Coupe N/A (stock) 302 t5 9" 12.2 ON 315-18" DR's (under construction)

Raider A's Warriors

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got one too. '07 CBRR
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i do it with every car i buy, im putting 500 for the 93 vert i justbought they dont say shit and if they do you say it was your bestfriend and he gave you it for cheap.
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just looped my 05 doing a wheelie and broke my leg. let me tell you this sucks! be safe and cover that rear brake when doin wheelies.
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's mine. It's a 90 VFR 750.
 -

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com