Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I want to do a raffle, what do you think?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I want to do a raffle, what do you think?
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tickets would be $100 and I would need to sale between 120-150 tickets, I'm not to sure how it would work but it sounds like a good idea, if I did it here I would pay shipping costs of the car as well, what does everyone think?
A few photos and the details:

1991 Clean Title Notchback w/ Black Tweed Cloth Interior and Original White Paint.

Mods:

Engine:

Trickflow Twisted Wedge Street Heads (Ported)
Systemax Intake (Unported)
70mm TB, PMAS Mass Air Sensor
Hellion 62mm TurboKit
Bassani Exhaust
Smog and A/C Deletes
Rebuilt Stock Block w/ new rod bolts, 1500 on rebuild includes 500 mile break in

Ignition and Fuel:

MSD 6AL and Blaster Coil
42lb Injectors w/255lph intank pump

Drivetrain:

Tremec TKO 600, Steel Bellhousing
McLeod Stage 3, Billet Flywheel
MM Clutch Cable, Aluminum Driveshaft
Built 8.8 w/ 9" Axle Tubes, 31 Spline Axles, 03 Cobra Posi
3.27's, SVO Girdle

Misc:

Turbo XS RFL Blow Off Valve
AutoMeter Lunar Series Boost and A/F in A Pillar
AutoMeter Sport Comp 5" Tach w/ 2 5/8 Water and Oil Full Sweep in Tach Pod
Sub Woofers and Amp hidden in trunk, alarm

Cooling:

Summit Aluminum Radiator
Black Magic S Fan
Summit Water Pump, 180 Thermostat

Suspension:

Maximum Motorsport Adjustable LCA's
FMS Uppers
Subframe Connectors
1 1/2 Lowering Springs (Jamex)
KYB GR2's
94 Spindles, Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Hawk Pads
Rear Drums
Caster Camber Plates
1999 Cobra Rims w/ R Caps

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's actually a really cool idea!! never heard of a raffle for a car lol

i'd buy a ticket [patriot]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd be willing to bet that you could get a few people that would jump on that deal..... hell, I might even consider doing it myself. You would have to figure out exactly how many tickets were going to be sold, how they were going to be held, how they are going to be drawn and when. It would have to be fair for everyone. We could buy the tickets, hold on to them until a certain date, then meet, turn in the tickets and have the drawing all at once. [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I'd be willing to bet that you could get a few people that would jump on that deal..... hell, I might even consider doing it myself. You would have to figure out exactly how many tickets were going to be sold, how they were going to be held, how they are going to be drawn and when. It would have to be fair for everyone. We could buy the tickets, hold on to them until a certain date, then meet, turn in the tickets and have the drawing all at once. [patriot]

That is probably the only way it could work, now just need 120-150 intersted people.

[ September 06, 2007, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Trunkster ]

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a good idea all you got to do is rig it so i can win [Big Grin] lol [Razz] ...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would go in on it just for the hell of it.
1 ticket here

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I 've seen first hand how these raffles are run,no thanks I'll keep my 100 bucks. I'm sure one of your buddys will end up with a nice car [patriot]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
I 've seen first hand how these raffles are run,no thanks I'll keep my 100 bucks. I'm sure one of your buddys will end up with a nice car [patriot]

Ok

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

lowriderryda
¯
Member # 7397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lowriderryda  Ford pictures for lowriderryda    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im ill buy 2 or 3
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:

I doubt that would be the case here. Some people have pride in their reputation and wouldnt try to rig something like this. I say do it. I'll bet that a few people would buy more than one ticket to do this and we could all come up with a way to make everyone know they have a fair shot.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is this based on that raffle for that $2million house? it's a good idea for a sale.
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This was tried a while ago for another car. Something like 30 tickets sold. It's actually not easy to find 150 people that don't know who the hell you are to want to do it. It didn't go over to well and everyone was convinced that it would be rigged. It was for a 20k car. Not to mention its highly illegal and if you piss the wrong person off it could get ugly for you legally.........I wouldn't try it IMO...

[ September 06, 2007, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would think legally you might have some issues as well as how wold you claim the proceeds.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SOUNDS like a good idea, but in execution it could end up messy. Selling 120 tickets would take forever and drawing the number in a fair way without complaints is impossible.

Did you post up the car in Autotrader yet?

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.gambling-law-us.com/State-Laws/California/

http://www.gambling-law-us.com/Charitable-Gaming/California/raffles.htm

This one is the easiest and sums it up.

http://caag.state.ca.us/charities/raffles.htm

Looks like you may want to just sell the car.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAG beat me to it. If by chance a friend or someone you were cool with won this prize I could see alot of issues arising from that.

Good luck if you decide to do so.

PS, our church got sued for doing something like this a while back. So becareful, if someone could sue a church, imagine what they could do to you...lol

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was involved with a car club in New Mexico when I lived there, and they did a car raffel every year at their annual car show. All tickets were sold at the show, and drawn out of a hat in front of everyone by a random person in the crowd. They would always have cars in the 15-20K range. The club made plenty of money doing this, and allowed for them to buy a better car each year.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you could figure out how to do it right i'd be down

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

It sounded like a good idea, I just thought it would be fun, I have no interest in trying to rig a raffle.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool idea Jimmy, but finding 120 local and willing participants will be next to impossible IMHO.

best of luck.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bet if u put all the info an pics of the car on craigslist u would meet the amount of people to raffle it off. an pick a desinated spot to do it at say like treasure island or like that

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wait till the cafords show next yr and do it then and i would buy if i knew somehow i would have the advantage and win haha but it is a coo idea and sounds fun just do ur research cover your ass id probably sell and do the raffle right away in front of everyone so no one could talk shit about it good luck [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
agree with the idea of doing it on the next cafords show, I would probably take my chance on it, sounds like a great car, any pics?

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

The sale of this car will be postponed for awhile now since my daily driver was stolen last night, I'll be driving the Mustang now until the car is found or until I find another car, I actually never even put the car up for sale yet.

--------------------
I act like I'm@Age15
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31

(510)375-1589

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com