Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Wet nitrous kit.......... Compression Results! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wet nitrous kit.......... Compression Results!
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are the wet nitrous kits hard to install? i planned on getting heads but im not going to have enough money...

[ August 23, 2007, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kit you thinking of going with?
not hard to install,if you need help,lmk.

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=254 .... the price is not bad and i heard that they are good kits... im thinking about getting one within the next month

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are super easy to install. Make sure you use the biggest shot you can. Even still you ain't gonna be able to touch me!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
They are super easy to install. Make sure you use the biggest shot you can. Even still you ain't gonna be able to touch me!

LOL im 95.0% sure that i cant... that 5% means you brake something off the line [Big Grin] ... its ok just something to get some quick HP..

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

i just got to do a compression check first and see if i can... what would be a good compression #..

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
i just got to do a compression check first and see if i can... what would be a good compression #..

Its more important to have your compression relatively equal across the board, no more than say 8% variance between cylinders. 10% is getting up there but still ok.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:

LOL im 95.0% sure that i cant... that 5% means you brake something off the line [Big Grin] ... its ok just something to get some quick HP..
Well that's close. Say 99.9% and that 0.01% is I break something or I red light. Count the red light out though because I'd give you the hit.

--------------------

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

thanks cummins...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well that's close. Say 99.9% and that 0.01% is I break something or I red light. Count the red light out though because I'd give you the hit.
LOL i was going to put 99.9% but i was thinking " the car is not indestructable" excuse me if i spelled it wrong... my college is going to be proud to have me [Big Grin] ..

[ August 23, 2007, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
planned on getting heads but im not going to have enough money...

sound like me....

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
youll love it man [Wink] if your not that much of an mechanical person than a zex would be your easy way but nitrous kits are not hard to install. Just read [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

i heard from a few people that if i where to go wet that i can go up to 150 no problem... T/F?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i heard from a few people that if i where to go wet that i can go up to 150 no problem... T/F?

Thats typicaly the limit with stock internals/ring gap. I wouldn't say no problem though,you still want to have a safe a/f,and timing ,and plugs.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran 215hp wet kit on a stock longblock (89 5.0).

I used a multi step retard box and 110 fuel.

Went 12.20s@114 with only pullies long tubes and nitrous.

Not smoking fast but really woke up a stock longblock.

Never hurt anything but not sure how long it would have taken that abuse.

Motor only had 68K on it.

Good luck.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

OK SO HERE THEY ARE

#1-131

#2-135

#3-127

#4-134

#5-130

#6-127

#7- 130

#8-125

Are these good enough numbers?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

SON, yes those are good enough in terms of being acceptable across the cylinders. But I'm not sure what stock compression is on your car. I assume you ran the test cold? Just that the numbers overall seem a bit low. How many miles on your motor? Hell if your motor is tired, spray the bitch it will wake it up! LOL!!! Just make sure to check your oil often because that shit will get burnt!

--------------------

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
SON, yes those are good enough in terms of being acceptable across the cylinders. But I'm not sure what stock compression is on your car. I assume you ran the test cold? Just that the numbers overall seem a bit low. How many miles on your motor? Hell if your motor is tired, spray the bitch it will wake it up! LOL!!! Just make sure to check your oil often because that shit will get burnt!

i was suppose to run it cold? i did it in opperating temp... i think a realy good engine low miles is sippose to run around 150-160 so i was told... i got 140k on the motor

[ August 23, 2007, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya 150's dude, numbers are a lil low, not dangerous;y but just a lil low, about the nos with those numbers, i cant say cuz im not sure, maybe 100 shot

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
125 nitrous jet . 150 fuel jet.....just to be safe.

time @ *10 advanced.

new fuel filter

1 step colder plugs gapped at about .35

lets us kno how it does!!

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:

i was suppose to run it cold? i did it in opperating temp... i think a realy good engine low miles is sippose to run around 150-160 so i was told... i got 140k on the motor
Yep your motor is getting a lil tired but its still good enough to spray it. At least its wearing pretty even so that's a good thing. Doing a test cold will yield even lower numbers I was just wondering if you did it cold or hot.

--------------------

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
125 nitrous jet . 150 fuel jet.....just to be safe.

time @ *10 advanced.

new fuel filter

1 step colder plugs gapped at about .35

lets us kno how it does!!

the timing is a t 10 right now already got a new fuel filter.... what apark plugs would be good? also would a upgraded fuel pump be need since im going wet?

thanks [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

So if you spray this 150 shot how much rwhp total are you looking to get, around 200?

--------------------

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you do a pump just get a 190

plugs. non plat autolites one heat range colder than stock with the appropriate gap.

depending on what kit he uses. you should prolly see a good 100 hp to the wheels...with an assload more tq.

remember! tq = fun! lol

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
So if you spray this 150 shot how much rwhp total are you looking to get, around 200?

hell no that too much...i just want to keep up with the v tech guys at around 97-120 hp [Big Grin] ...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com