Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » jena 6

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: jena 6
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just came across this on some website and thought [Eek!] dam i knew that racisim is still around today but i didnt think that it was to this extent...thought id share...

jena 6
theres a petition that goes along with it for anyone whos interested...
petition

please no flaming if you dont have any real comments that matter just STFU [patriot]

[ August 14, 2007, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: 5.0_707 ]

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ur pm box is full

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow.... that is some crazy shi*...

im mexican/white... EVERYONE is racial, but holy shi* this is just wrong.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wheres the problem? [Confused]
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
22 years!!! damn if that's true he shud have at least shot someone.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:

Yeap,
My cousin was sentenced to 24 years for robbing someone at gun point. He had no prior convictions. that's how the legal system works when you are poor or any color other than white.

If people get offended then they can kiss my brown ass. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

RockerShocker
¯
Member # 6219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockerShocker  Ford pictures for RockerShocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seems fair to me. F em.

--------------------
Cheap, Fast, Reliable.. You can pick 2.

Posts: 196 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is 2007; that shit should have been done with decades ago!

I signed.

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

Yeap,
My cousin was sentenced to 24 years for robbing someone at gun point. He had no prior convictions. that's how the legal system works when you are poor or any color other than white.

good, i hope he has to serve it all.
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

quote:
Originally posted by RockerShocker:
seems fair to me. F em.

w3rd
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
signed...
sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeap,

So, you think they should have pinned a metal on him? [Roll Eyes]

Sentence to 24 years means 12 years in prison and then parol... that's how the leagal system works. 12 years behind bars for robbing someone at gun point seems fair to me. Then again, I don't think that anyone that commits a crime while using a gun should get anything less then the maximum.

If people get offended by this then they can kiss my asian ass. [Razz]

The Jena 6... the one dude was found guilty of attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder. I don't know about you - but a 22 year sentence doesn't seem to be beyond reason. I'm also not going to make the huge leap some do by assuming the verdict was racially motivated. If it was, then those responsible need to be held accountable for their action. I feel that the facts about that will become evident as the investigation into it progresses - and that due to the circumstances down there, it definitely warrants further investigation. Racial bigotry & stereotyping has no place in today's society. period.

--------------------
Mark K...

| 2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 89GT |

Posts: 180 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure when this was committed but never do anything during an election year. You are bound to get your ass caught up with some heavy time. I can say one thing, that lopsided prison sentences are handed out to all kinds. But most often are sensationalized in minority cases. And I will admit the do seem to happen more frequent in minority cases. But they happen across the board. My friends uncle (white guy) caught 20 something years for what should have been a self defense murder. But my homie (a black guy) got 3 years for murder. Well manslaughter (shot the guy in the face 7 times). So its a door that does swing both ways.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok disregard my above statement in regards to this story. This is downright ridiculous. I know off top it had to be somewhere in Lousiana. I signed it, this is ridiculous. And amazing it still happens in this day and age.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

This whole thing kinda bothers me because I am from there and have family that live in that particular parrish.

Found this on wiki
quote:

Racial tensions resurfaced in Jena on September 1, 2006, when hangman's nooses were discovered in a tree in Jena High School's campus after a black student tried to sit with white students at lunch. The school head recommended that the noose-hangers should be expelled. The board of education overruled him and the three white student perpetrators received in-school suspension.[4] On November 30, 2006 an arson fire destroyed the main academic building at the school. On December 4, 2006 a fight broke out on campus, after which six African-American students, later dubbed the Jena 6,[5] were arrested and charged with attempted second-degree murder. Law enforcement officers told the Alexandria Daily Town Talk they have found no links between the noose incident, the arson fire, and subsequent fights.
The six accused of attempted second-degree murder are black and were fighting a white student after a week of intimidation by white students, including the one who was assaulted.[6] Intimidation cited includes an incident in which a white student brandished a gun at a convenience store after a verbal exchange. Students allegedly wrestled away the gun and were then held in custody and charged with theft while no charges were made against the white student.[7]
On June 26, 2007 the first day of trial for Mychal Bell, one of the defendants, the prosecutor agreed to reduce the charges for Bell to aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy to commit aggravated second-degree battery.[8] Bell was found guilty by an all-white jury, and will face the possibility of up to 22 years in prison when he is sentenced.[7] The sentencing was originally scheduled for July 30, but has been delayed until September 20, 2007. [9] However, the case is currently in dispute, as the court-appointed public defender did not call a single witness in his attempt to defend Bell.[10] The other five students will be tried at a later date.
The town has gained international notoriety as an example of the alleged "new 'stealth' racism" that lives on in America[11] with national attention drawn to the events by a National Public Radio prime time story on July 30, 2007.[12]

For this area the internet is not enough. Racism is deeply routed in the south and lots of "old money" still influences the outcome of things. If you feel like taking a direct approach, I have listed numbers below.

Lasalle Parish - Garage, Police Jury, Maintenance Department
Jena, LA 71342
(318) 992-2506

Jena Town - Police Department
1850 North 2nd, Jena, LA 71342
(318) 992-5111

Pineville City - Police Department, Chief of Police
910 Main Street, Alexandria, LA 71301
http://www.pineville.net
(318) 449-5656

Police Departments (non-Emergency) - Turkey Creek
Turkey Creek, LA 70585
(337) 461-2756

Jena Town - Town Hall, Mayor's OFC
2908 East Oak Street, Jena, LA 71342
(318) 992-2148

Lasalle Parish - Sherriff's Office, Jena Sherrif's Department
1050 Courthouse, Jena, LA 71342
(318) 992-2151

Lasalle Parish - District Judge
3275 North First Street, Jena, LA 71342
(318) 992-2002

Lasalle Parish - District Attorney's Office
1050 Courthouse Drive, Jena, LA 71342
(318) 992-8282
(318) 992-4731 (fax)

United States Government - Judicial Branch, District Court, Probation Office
515 Murray Street Lbby, Alexandria, LA 71301
http://www.firstgov.gov

Pineville City - City Court, City Marshal
904 Main Street, Alexandria, LA 71301
http://www.pineville.net
(318) 449-5657

United States Government - Judicial Branch, District Court, Court Reporter
515 Murray Street Lbby, Alexandria, LA 71301
http://www.firstgov.gov
(318) 442-3080

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Yeap,

sorry, couldnt help myself. for making these two statements you need to mark a spot because aparently you are all ass. your cousin chose to rob someone at gun point. there are just as many in prison black, white and every shade in between as there are out on the street who beat the rap, and just because your cousin had no prior convictions doesnt mean he was saint.im not saying its all fair. but,if you cant do the time then dont do the crime! its that simple. i have no simpathy for criminals.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sn8k:
quote:
Yeap,

So, you think they should have pinned a metal on him? [Roll Eyes]

Sentence to 24 years means 12 years in prison and then parol... that's how the leagal system works. 12 years behind bars for robbing someone at gun point seems fair to me. Then again, I don't think that anyone that commits a crime while using a gun should get anything less then the maximum.

Did i ever say he should get a medal? how did you jump to that conclusion.
I'm just saying that 24 years, without the 2x1 for good behavior option is extreme. Yes, he will have to spend the full 24 years behind jail.

quote:
Originally posted by uncle bill:
i have no simpathy for criminals.

Neither do i, they can all root in jail for all i care. However that does not deny the fact that if you are white or have money you'll get better representation in our legal system.

--------------------
=(

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

can all you guys stop pulling the fucking race card already? that is part of the problem. yea so what, your a minority....who the fuck cares? you guys gave more opportunities than whites now adays with affirmative blacktion, and the uncf, just to name a few. you have the black and mexican student unions and your own channels on tv, but were the racists? you guys need to take a long hard look in the mirror, before you start talking shit. those who live in glass houses, should not cast stones.....

24 years for armed robbery is not enough time IMO that victim will be fucked for the rest of thier life, and your cousin is only fucked for 24 of his.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by phat_turbo_du:
can all you guys stop pulling the fucking race card already? that is part of the problem. yea so what, your a minority....who the fuck cares? you guys gave more opportunities than whites now adays with affirmative blacktion, and the uncf, just to name a few. you have the black and mexican student unions and your own channels on tv, but were the racists? you guys need to take a long hard look in the mirror, before you start talking shit. those who live in glass houses, should not cast stones.....

24 years for armed robbery is not enough time IMO that victim will be fucked for the rest of thier life, and your cousin is only fucked for 24 of his.

You sir are an idiot. Affirmative action was for more than blacks,it was also for women, Immigrants, disabled, veterans among others.. And being suppressed is why there is a need for the extra stuff like channels and networks. Living in 400 years of ignorance has hid alot of heritage and history. And if you just rely on the books in school you wont learn anything about the heritage of the native americans or the many that made/make up this country.

One thing I do agree with you on is. If you commit a violent crime especially with a gun, you should have the book thrown at you no matter the race. But I guess this is the point, race does matter. And it is suggested that a white person would get less time. Now I think thats wrong.

Speak of living in a glass house, get out of the house and read man. Dont believe just what the media feeds you. Folks like yourself are also the reason for the need for extended education. And maybe some sensitivity training.

Oh and a side note:
Affirmative Action was done away with quite sometime ago.

Again Read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action

[ August 15, 2007, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by phat_turbo_du:

Your an idiot. Affirmative action was for more than blacks. Women, Immigrants, disabled, veterans.. And being suppressed is why there is a need for the extra stuff like channels and networks. Living in 400 years of ignorance has hid alot of heritage and history. And if you just rely on the books in school you wont learn anything about the heritage of the native americans or the many that made/make up this country.

Speak of living in a glass house, get out of the house and read man. Dont believe just what the media feeds you.

Im the idiot?!?!?!LOL you people never cease to amaze me. the only people oppressing minorities are themselves. Nobody owes them anything for past acts against them. Last time i checked nobody alive today was a slave owner or a slave. Trust me, i LOVE history, and probably know more about it than most. I dont believe anything the liberal media "feeds me", you can guarantee that. You may think that im a racist, and thats fine. I am not racist, i just cant stand people who scream for equality for thier race, and on the same hand segregate themselves with bet, mtv tr3s etc.....
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

affirmative action may have been done away with, but if you think there aren't race quotas in most companies you are mistaken. If ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy ass motherfucker.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

No my man I do not think you are a racist at all. I just think you are ignorant to a few facts, and chose to spew it out the side of your neck. You affirmative "Blacktion" comment pretty much cemented that. Maybe you should let your present day education catch up to your history education. And if you dont think there is racism going on today and a stealthy form of oppression. Again I say you are ignorant to the facts. But with that being said I am a black man and successful and will be the first to say that nothing has ever held me back. But is that the case for everyone? Certainly not. I do recognize there is oppression and racism everywhere. I have even seen white folks discriminated against. As well as women. Its wrong across the board. But I do notice that in your statements you do single out blacks. Which I would say you seem to have a issue with folks of color. But do I care? Not really. Doesnt influence me one way or the other. I just feel compelled to comment when the ignorant stand up and try to be counted.
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
No my man I do not think you are a racist at all. I just think you are ignorant to a few facts, and chose to spew it out the side of your neck. You affirmative "Blacktion" comment pretty much cemented that. Maybe you should let your present day education catch up to your history education. And if you dont think there is racism going on today and a stealthy form of oppression. Again I say you are ignorant to the facts. But with that being said I am a black man and successful and will be the first to say that nothing has ever held me back. But is that the case for everyone? Certainly not. I do recognize there is oppression and racism everywhere. I have even seen white folks discriminated against. As well as women. Its wrong across the board. But I do notice that in your statements you do single out blacks. Which I would say you seem to have a issue with folks of color. But do I care? Not really. Doesnt influence me one way or the other. I just feel compelled to comment when the ignorant stand up and try to be counted.

more power to you man, and believe me when i say that i have absolutely nothing against you. its people that use their race as an excuse for their shitty life. If it seemed like i was singling out blacks, i didnt mean to. those are just the examples that popped into my head first. I also cant stand ghetto people that just keep setting their race back further. That goes for white folks too btw. I don't want to pay for someone to have 8 kids, get welfare and food stamps, unemployment, pay for their section8 apt, and watch them drive a nice newer car lol.... do you?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

When you put it that way I do understand you and agree with you to an extent.

I am not sure the walk of life you are from, but it is hard as hell to escape the ghetto. And I use the word "escape" in the true sense. So I am sensitive to the pressures and environment. So not always is it a "cop out". But do alot of people use it as such? Yes. It is those I despise and those that the media choose to focus on. Believe me there is some real shit going on in the ghettos of America that make it hard for the person in those circumstance. And believe it there is ghettos for all walks of life. So the term "ghetto" I use loosely.

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
When you put it that way I do understand you and agree with you to an extent.

I am not sure the walk of life you are from, but it is hard as hell to escape the ghetto. And I use the word "escape" in the true sense. So I am sensitive to the pressures and environment. So not always is it a "cop out". But do alot of people use it as such? Yes. It is those I despise and those that the media choose to focus on. Believe me there is some real shit going on in the ghettos of America that make it hard for the person in those circumstance. And believe it there is ghettos for all walks of life. So the term "ghetto" I use loosely.

i am from a family with money, but have never had anything handed to me. I understand what you are saying as well. i can definately appreciate what you are saying, as it is always nice to hear the other side of the story from someone who knows about it first hand.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com