Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ps3 v. xbox 360

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ps3 v. xbox 360
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What would you get and why?

I'm personally trying to use it as a dvd/cd player also.

Do they both upconvert or progressive scan?

I already have some ps 2 games I can use if got the ps3 but what would be a good choice?

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive had both systems. I was mad because the PS3 was so far off so I got the Xbox but once I got the PS3 I knew that I would never turn the Xbox back on so I sold it. My PS3 upconverts regular DVD's to 1080i. I have several original PS and PS2 games that all play perfecly fine in the new unit. Both the 360 and PS3 are first run units and I never had any problems with either one. I'm not downplaying the 360, just prefer my PS3. [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wii [Razz] lol...if your more into the gameing part ps3.... if you want more dvd quality xbox

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
wii [Razz] lol...if your more into the gameing part ps3.... if you want more dvd quality xbox

I dont know about the new xboxes but mine didnt have HDMI output so my DVD's looked the exact same as in my regular player. People talk about how much cheaper the Xbox is but once you add the upgrades to match what the PS3 offers its actually more. One downfall is that there isnt much of a game selection right now but I'm sure that will change eventually. I have Resistance: fall of man and Motorstorm, both are awesome games. I also have a few blu-ray movies and I love the picture quality. I have a 60" HD Sony LCD projection TV..... I dont even go to the movies anymore.

[ July 30, 2007, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

I dont know about the new xboxes but mine didnt have HDMI output so my DVD's looked the exact same as in my regular player. People talk about how much cheaper the Xbox is but once you add the upgrades to match what the PS3 offers its actually more. One downfall is that there isnt much of a game selection right now but I'm sure that will change eventually. I have Resistance: fall of man and Motorstorm, both are awesome games. I also have a few blu-ray movies and I love the picture quality. I have a 60" HD Sony LCD projection TV..... I dont even go to the movies anymore.
i read a magazine about ps3 Vs. xbox 360 and thats what it said..

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Plenty of sites out there that compare the 2 indepth. google it and you will find all the info you can put your hands on. I have both systems and love'em equally. But I am a game freak.
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Xbox 360 [Whoo Whooooo!] Still awaiting for mine to return from getting repaired [Frown]

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the latest update for the ps3 upconverts the old ps2 games to 1080p, makes GT4 look sick [burnout]
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bottom line PS3 "could" be the greatest system on the planet, but their game selection absolutely sucks BALLS. Get the new black 360 and call it a day, especially if u like on-line gaming. I have both and I can tell you there is no noticaebale difference between the 2. I enjoy the 360 interface much more than the ps3. [patriot]

[ July 31, 2007, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PS3 Silly Sal. HDMI, big LCD, Surround Sound, Good To Go!!!!!

Not very many games though for now.

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FWIW, the new 360 has HDMI...

in the end.. it should come down to what GAMES you like better... not giving into what the brand nutswingers say.

I have all 3 and to be honest... I like games on all of them.. but when it comes to games the 360 does have the edge on the PS3... hopefully sony can make up the lack of good games soon.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When did you move to Ohio Jess?
Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have both as well. If you are primarily going to use it for movies get the PS3. Games are better on the XBOX 360 but there are some good ones that are going to come out soon for the PS3. Just do what I did and get both. I wasn't sure at first either.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
if your more into the gameing part ps3.... if you want more dvd quality xbox

You have that totally backwards.

Games- Xbox360
Movies - PS3 (only because it plays BluRay out of the box)

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pure Stang:
I have a 60" HD Sony LCD projection TV..... I dont even go to the movies anymore.

haha neither do I, thank you Bittorrent!

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com