Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Identify Engine/ Block Have numbers?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Identify Engine/ Block Have numbers?
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_MuffinMan25  Ford pictures for The_MuffinMan25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are our block stamped with a number any where to help identify the engine. I have a mysterious engine it is told to be an 88' H.O 5.0. When I removed the plate on the top of the intake it had H.O Stamped on the top of it so I assumed the seller of the engine to be telling the truth. Is there any other way to identify the engine. Also if it truly has a roller cam. Without taking it apart. I know the H.O have a diffent firing order, I shold have checked when I had the intake off to see the rods move while I cranked the engine (by hand) but I didn't doubt it until recently. It has all the appearances to be the correct motor but I wanted to know if there was another way to make sure.

Tim

Posts: 130 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you had the intake off you either saw a spider and dogbone set in the valley for the roller lifters or a bare valley for flat tappet.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com