Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Kid Died at Great America.....(Watch Your KIDS!)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Kid Died at Great America.....(Watch Your KIDS!)
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The boy was unconscious when park lifeguards pulled him from a two-foot-deep section of the Great Barrier Reef, according to Bill Lentz, Great America's general manager. The 355,000-gallon attraction, which opened over Memorial Day, simulates the sensation of ocean waves.

Lentz said the park provides life vests and inner tubes for visitors to use in the wave pool, which does not have age or size restrictions. He said he did not know whether the boy knew how to swim or whether he was being supervised at the time he drowned.

"Our thoughts and prayers are going out to the family in this unfortunate situation," Lentz said.

The lifeguards and Great America emergency workers administered CPR on the child until Santa Clara County paramedics arrived, he said.

The boy was taken by ambulance to Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Santa Clara, where he was pronounced dead after additional attempts to resuscitate him failed, said Dave Parker, a spokesman for the Santa Clara County Fire Department.

The wave pool and several adjacent sections of Great America's 13-acre Boomerang Bay water park were cleared and closed so Santa Clara police and park security officers could investigate, Lentz said.

The last reported fatality at Great America happened eight years ago when a 12-year-old boy fell from the Drop Zone Stunt Tower.

Cedar Fair LP acquired Paramount Parks from CBS Corp. for $1.24 billion last summer.

Ive been wanting to take my son to this same thing, i will still do it. looks like fun, you HAVE TO watch them 100%, sometimes i see them letting them go in there bythemselve, i dont care low the water is. when theres water watch um! [Frown]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
only 4 yeard old r.i.p [Frown]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fstfru  Ford pictures for 2fstfru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with you 100%!

RIP!!

--------------------
SPEED KILLS!....Drive a Chevy live FOREVER!

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn that breaks my heart to read this. my son is four also. everyone's out there havin fun & the worst happens! i took my son to waterworld last year in that wave pool & u definately have to watch them closely! that shit can overwhelm u depending where ur at!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sucks.... RIP

--------------------
..Bottled Ls6 C4 In Progress..
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...
: RevengE Is ThE SweetesT MothA F@kN TastE!!!

happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hate to see young kids die like that, keep your eyes out for your little ones, we all know how fast they can get into dangerous situations
Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

wow, tell me why i went to go get my hair cut just right now at (georges barber shop) in newark and they tell me they use too go there and know the fam bam [Frown] rip little one [Frown]

--------------------

cdog301
¯
Member # 5136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdog301  Ford pictures for cdog301    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My daughter just turned 4 in May and when we go to the pool either my wife or me are right with her hang the parents they were irresponsible, and neglegent! [Mad] trajic!

--------------------
1992 Notch
Dss Pro Bullet
Afr 165's
GT40 U/L
Bassani X w/cats
and other goodies!!!!!!!
I love MOSTLY MUSTANGS OAKLAND CA

Posts: 386 | From: Richmond CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by pharaoh:
that sucks.... RIP

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats horrible, I have a four year old nephew who tries to do everything on his own so really has to be watched.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
CaliFive-Oh
Member # 7782

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for CaliFive-Oh  Ford pictures for CaliFive-Oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hearing this story makes me think two things,
1) why was this four year old in the large wave pool?
and 2) where were his parents?

Granted the lifeguards are supposed to be watching the swimmers, but their work should be secondary to a parents'. If you have a four year old and you go anywhere near water, I dont care who you are, you keep your eyes on that child...sorry, I see incidents like this in my line of work and it continually breaks my heart to hear these stories...

--------------------
"...Oh I always have the axe, Tommy..."

El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, I just found out that lil kid was the grandson of a co-worker of my kid's mom

--------------------
..Bottled Ls6 C4 In Progress..
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...
: RevengE Is ThE SweetesT MothA F@kN TastE!!!

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
news like that breaks my heart.... especially since i'm a father too.

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project
'97 Saturn SL1(saving the planet)

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is very sad. I hope parents take this as a lesson, as said above. Not stay away from water parks. Watch your kids! Don't trust other people to do it for you. Ultimately, a kid is a parent's reponsibility.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com