Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » MM Full length Subframes installed!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: MM Full length Subframes installed!!!
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just finally got around to getting my MM full length subframes installed. I didnt really get to test it out on the way home, but i could tell that it felt more solid just driving down the road. I will see how it feels as soon as I can go get loose on some turns. I cant wait until next weekend because thats when I almost finish my suspension when I install the MM torque arm & rear coilovers. All thats left is the K member, A arms & a better rear sway bar & then Im set in the suspension dept.

Heres a few pics, but they dont show much...The welds dont look that pretty, but they get the job done....

-

-

-

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks good!! looks like my subframe connectors! good thing they painted them!

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:
looks good!! looks like my subframe connectors! good thing they painted them!

Thanks....They came powdercoated black, but we did paint the welded spots.

--------------------

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where did you get them installed, and how much if you dont mind me asking. I am planning on doing that mod soon. [patriot]
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by Bizob:
where did you get them installed, and how much if you dont mind me asking. I am planning on doing that mod soon. [patriot]

Muffler Tech on Florin road. it cost about $100.

--------------------

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so do you have the welded in torquebox reinforcements too?? i heard that you need to do that before the subframes.

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:
so do you have the welded in torquebox reinforcements too?? i heard that you need to do that before the subframes.

No, but I will be doing the lowers soon. My upper torque boxes are no longer gonna be used because Im installing a torque arm which converts it to a 3 link setup & it mounts differently.

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got the same on my Cobra and they work/feel great.

Don't know why i didn't put some on my other Stangs [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will be amazed at the difference the torque arm makes. It completely transforms the handling of these cars.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FL SFC's made a world of a difference on vert. You have a bad ass mach 1 [worship]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
You will be amazed at the difference the torque arm makes. It completely transforms the handling of these cars.

really?! i want my mustang to handle and this might be the way to go for me!

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
FL SFC's made a world of a difference on vert. You have a bad ass mach 1 [worship]

Thank u sir!!!!
[Smile] After driving today, the subframes feel great.... I cant wait to get the torque arm & rear coilovers on....

[ June 20, 2007, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HUGE difference! Your Mach woulda been in heaven on the cruise [burnout] . Better be there next time [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
HUGE difference! Your Mach woulda been in heaven on the cruise [burnout] . Better be there next time [patriot]

I wanted to go bad, but my car wasnt ready yet. Just got the subframes in yesterday. I do notice a difference, but i really havent got to push it yet. Once i get the torque arm & rear coilovers installed, i will be ready to corner carve with the IRS Cobras. I will definately be there next time.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com