Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My results are in... dyno numbers..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My results are in... dyno numbers..
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a bit bittersweet tho...

Chris (at BRG) did my pulls and immediately noticed that my A/F was erratic. [Frown] He tried to tweak it a little with the diablosport, but it didn't help. I was very happy that he even offered to try a quick adjustment for me! I'll get it scanned later so I can post it up and see what ya'll say.

I really appreciated that he was 100% upfront and honest with me and told me that a dyno tune was the route he suggested... As of now, I have a mail order tune, from a very experienced tuner... but that will change ASAP when I get to Ohio.

I just wish that I could have had Chris tune my Cobra for me... He's a stand up guy and will be honest with you about your car and what's going on.

Chris also told me that the power numbers might be lower due to a little issue that happened.

Final numbers for today...
494rwhp
513rwtq
Not what I wanted, but I'm happy I know about the a/f being whacked out!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those are some awesome numbers man! What kind of numbers were you expecting? They have 93 octane in Ohio correct ? [Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wanted 500+ at the wheels... Since the a/f is doing a dance, that didnt happen. I'm gonna look at my o2's to see if one is causing my problem. [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post up a graph so we can see the a/f and 494 is plenty on a Mustang dyno......and you know it will be over 500 with the a/f flatened out

[Smile]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

klonoa
¯
Member # 1771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for klonoa  Ford pictures for klonoa    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW, anybody know how to unmarry a SCT xcal 2 tuner ? I may have sold somebody a married tuner [Frown]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra - 454 rwhp - 470rwtq
Ex. 2001 vortech'ed v6.

Posts: 938 | From: Richmond, Cali. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by klonoa:
BTW, anybody know how to unmarry a SCT xcal 2 tuner ? I may have sold somebody a married tuner [Frown]

Can't remember if it's for Diablo or SCT but if it's sold and you can't get it back to un-marry......the only people that can do it are liscenced distributors like www.RWTD.com or places similar

At least that's the only method i know of.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Post up a graph so we can see the a/f and 494 is plenty on a Mustang dyno......and you know it will be over 500 with the a/f flatened out

[Smile]

I don't have a scanner, but here's a blurry pic to show you what I was talking about.... looks like a 3 yr old drew the a/f line...

-

[ June 15, 2007, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha that is SICK!!! almost 500 beats my 225(most likely less) horses

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hate to say it, but....I told you so. [Razz]

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey thanks for coming by today, we were all laughing when your car started to spin the tires on the dyno the first run!! haha chris goes did it just spin the tires!? but yeah those numbers are awesome on our dyno especially with that whacked out fuel curve.. get it tuned and your friend will have a hell of a time trying to keep up on his bike [Smile] have a good time in ohio..
L.C

[ June 15, 2007, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: 89point. ]

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude, those are GREAT numbers for a Mustang Dyno...unless you've gotta twin screw, then I could see your dissapointment. But if you're runnin' a ported Eaton/upper/lower combo...those are great!!! ANNNND they'll be even better once ya get that AF straightened out. Good luck and looks like I'll get to see that bad boy on Sunday [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice #'s.

i think to unmarry a tuner you must return the original car back to the stock tune, then you can put it on whatever you want.

444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so who gets the 6 pack jesse? [Razz]
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by 347_C.I.D.:

IIRC, the closest guess was JohnB

I'll give your beer to Deb, you still like Zima right? [Razz]

I'm happy with the numbers and all.. and I would have LOVED to see 500 on a MD, the a/f was pretty upsetting tho... I'll get it dialed in after the move.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:

I'm happy with the numbers and all.. and I would have LOVED to see 500 on a MD, the a/f was pretty upsetting tho... I'll get it dialed in after the move.

what was johns guess?

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=029606

btw, zima is NOT beer.

[ June 16, 2007, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: 347_C.I.D. ]

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:

what was johns guess?

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=029606

btw, zima is NOT beer.

He made his guess in person... not on the board silly.

I know Zima isn't beer... but you prefer to call it that! [Razz] LOL

get on aim!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com