Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got my beginner bike

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got my beginner bike
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So its not much to write home about but its very clean and was only $1400

2003 Yellow and Black Kawasaki 250. Has 5,500 miles and zero scratches, clean title, never dropped, brand new tires.

I'm 3rd owner. [patriot] look out guys.....new squid on the road [Big Grin] I'd post picks but seeing the photos of everyone on here that has a bike puts my Calimari Creeper to shame. lol

[ June 06, 2007, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on the bike. [patriot] 1st thing to do is take the msf course and gear.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats j dub! be safe. I was driving and my son pointed u out, Look, Racecar!lol

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's the smartest way to start. Unfortunately I couldn't sack up and do that way. I had to squid it up and be poser. Hahaha, but joking aside. Congrats, be safe, buy proper gear and take it slow.

If your looking for a SUOMY helmet ($400-$475) cheapest I've seen them for NEW condition. Go to EBAY and look for SUOMY helmets and you will see SPEEDADDICTCYCLES. Dude service is SUPER FAST/ SUPER CHEAP.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PLEASE BE CAREFUL

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yeah, LEATHER, LEATHER, LEATHER....Most of my friends don't like to wear motorcycle boots, I do. I have some Aplinestar SMXR boots. They provide protection from breaking your ankle, crushing your ankle, road rash and others.......

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My motorcycle training class starts on the 14th, I was going to just try and get my license without it but any experiance I can get is going to keep me alive longer. Plus AAA gives a nice discount if taking the training courses.

As for gear I'm assuming I'll be spending another $1,000+ for the right stuff. Mainly helmet and jacket are my biggest purchases coming up. I wanted to get a 600cc something or even a 500 but when I saw this250 for $1400 I really wont care when it gets dropped or when I eventually go down.

And I wanted to look cooler by riding a 600 but in reality, I just want to learn the best I can so I can eventually get a sick bike and have less chance of messing it up. I hate yellow so I may paint it. With any automotive paint work on bikes? They are just plastic right? What kind of prep work is needed for plastic?

[patriot]

Here is a photo of it,...only the rims are black and the stock black pipes are on it.

-

[ June 06, 2007, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be safe out there. be a very defensive driver.
good luck!

--------------------
=(

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Dude, just leave it the way it is. It looks clean. Is that stock paint? If so, for sure don't touch it.

For sure take the MSF classes. I thought you had that down already. But your enrolled, so that's good. Gear can cost up to about $600-
$1000. Motostrano in Redwood City is a good place to get gear. I suggest you obviously try on the gear before you buy it.

--------------------

93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah take your msf class for sure. you will learn a shit load and on someone elses bike w/o stupid cagers out there.

[ June 06, 2007, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: 93cobracoupestang ]

--------------------
1993 Lx Coupe.....a couple bolt ons.

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

My intial gear when I first started was leather jacket, helmet and leather gloves. The more I read about injuries and stuff. I purchased a backprotector and motorcycle boots. When I went to a track day. I had to buy a one piece leather suit. One thing that I wish I have right now, but don't is leather riding pants. I cruise in jeans, when wearing my one-piece is totally inconvienent. But I have everything else. I know I will regret it if that day comes (HOPEFULLY DOESN'T).

MOTOSTRANO.COM

Sign up for their email subscription. They will send you 10% coupons each month.

[ June 06, 2007, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats bro.I too started on a 250cc but mine was green.we called it the green machine.I would say keep the bike stock form don't even paint it.that way when you sell it down the line you can get your money back.
the only thing about those bike are too light in the freeway.when a big truck passes you by you feel the wind pushing you.also let me know when you decide to get rid of it,my bro just started to ride and it would be a god bike to learn on.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha that i a cool looking bike! that is a great starter bike. i hate to see all these buys go out and buy a 600cc bike as a first bike... they're asking for trouble

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

Fox Lightning
¯
Member # 7658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox Lightning  Ford pictures for Fox Lightning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on the bike be safe
now to get gear go to road rider in san jose of monterey road. low prices in they bay.
www.roadridermca.com

--------------------
K7 Gsxr 750 (stock) 10.89 @ 137
68 Coupe N/A (stock) 302 t5 9" 12.2 ON 315-18" DR's (under construction)

Raider A's Warriors

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN !!! that's a clean ass bike for 1,400. cool come up!
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
DAMN !!! that's a clean ass bike for 1,400. cool come up!

Looks a bit different with the black rims and stock black exhaust but I like all black shit. I scored because my sister just got a 500 after learning on this bike and my brother in law doesn't like yellow so he's buying an all black 2005 Kawasaki 250 tonight... They knew I was looking for a cheap starter so they kinda hooked me up.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My cousin JUST bought a R6 last night for $8000. It's a 05.. All black and he JUSt got his license too.. I almost hit him when he told me it was a R6 because thats a death wish.. Start off with a 250 or something

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The best thing about the ninja 250 is the resale value when you are ready to upgrade. You prob will not lose any money or might make some on it.
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As for gear I'm assuming I'll be spending another $1,000+ for the right stuff. Mainly helmet and jacket are my biggest purchases coming up. I wanted to get a 600cc something or even a 500 but when I saw this250 for $1400 I really wont care when it gets dropped or when I eventually go down.

And I wanted to look cooler by riding a 600 but in reality, I just want to learn the best I can so I can eventually get a sick bike and have less chance of messing it up. I hate yellow so I may paint it. With any automotive paint work on bikes? They are just plastic right? What kind of prep work is needed for plastic?

[patriot]

Here is a photo of it,...only the rims are black and the stock black pipes are on it.

- [/QB][/QUOTE] I eventually go down.
<---- think positive when ridin & be confident, when I started riding everyone told me tha I'll eventually was going to drop my bike or go down, and so far nothing yet "knock on wood" I also started with 600.

As far as gear roadrider in monterey rd in san jose, motostrano in redwoodcity, and santa clara cycles in el camino real are good places to buy gear, stay away from cyclegear their way overprice.

[ June 07, 2007, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: xvt's 85 5.0 ]

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com