Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » these the same car?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: these the same car?
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/images/bodykits/mustang/9904/svo_hood99-04.jpg
http://www.californiafords.com/album/CALIFORNIAFORDS.COM/car_shows/02_29_04/DSC05909.JPG
http://www.californiafords.com/album/CALIFORNIAFORDS.COM/car_shows/02_29_04/DSC06115.JPG

I know its a members car seen it b4. was just wondering if he gave them permission to use a pic of his to advertise their product. [Confused]

[ May 11, 2007, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: BlowN67 ]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.californiafords.com/album/CALIFORNIAFORDS.COM/car_shows/06_25_05/DSC09303.JPG

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No I did not............ [Mad]

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls
Stuttgart, Ingolstadt & some on order

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont think is the same car. look at the fender in the front. It doesnt have the slashes on california concepts car. However, it has it on the CA fords car.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
I dont think is the same car. look at the fender in the front. It doesnt have the slashes on california concepts car. However, it has it on the CA fords car.

Yea it does, you just have to look closer. [Wink]

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S281Cobra:
No I did not............ [Mad]

[Eek!]
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:

besides the bumper number(11), wheels(your're probably not going to see another set of these on a mustang), and light bar(1 of only 2 Carbon Fiber lightbars done by PFR).

Not to mention there were only 29 Saleen Cobras built in 2003/04, only 15 of which were speedsters, 5 of them being built in 03, with only 1 of the 03's being red........needless to say it is not hard to prove that they are using a picture of my car.

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

i thought it was ur car.. looks to be a pic from one of the dublin meets.. I would call them or something an demand something out of them for publicizing ur car without permission. i dont just me.. looking nice though. nice break down on the model number of urs an how many like it lol JOHN

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i take it it's a saleen with a 32 valve and a charger underneath it? never knew snaleens came like that.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
i take it it's a saleen with a 32 valve and a charger underneath it? never knew snaleens came like that.

Yes it is. Very low production as you see by the break down.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best option is to get a lawyer or free legal help to write you a letter and mail it certified. For about $50 you could probably end up with some cash or parting gifts! Especially if a) you took the picture and b) they took it from a website without permission. It's copyright infringement and a WHOLE lot of bad press for their company. Just tread lightly at first.

Wow, just went through their CC's website and it appears they have a really bad habit of stealing images. Their are a LOT of car show pictures used that are obviously not theirs.

[ May 12, 2007, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Hozr ]

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
afaik pictures posted on the internet are public domain, and possession of the images is not guaranteed.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
afaik pictures posted on the internet are public domain, and possession of the images is not guaranteed.

It's not just the pictures, they're using my car and other peoples car to falsly advertise the items they're selling...........ie, claiming the hoods in the pictures are the ones that they are selling

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to there terms and conditions and read the part under Copyright and Tradmark

it says - - - All other trademarks not owned by "CruizinConcepts Motorsports". or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by "CruizinConcepts Motorsports"..

wonder if this a way over covering themselves?

Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Actually, that is incorrect. The copyright of a photograph becomes real the moment the photograph is taken. At the point of capture the image is the property of the photographer unless otherwise under contract and it is explicitly stated as such in the contract.

This is why most photographers will only sell you a print not the negatives/originals. They are free to do with those pictures as they please. Just because it is posted in a public forum does not mean it can be used by the public. This is the same for books, music, movies, etc.

Conversely, if someone takes a picture of you in a public setting you have no rights to the images. If they take the pictures illegally or in a private setting without your knowledge the pictures are still the property of the photographer but the photog can be held accountable for whatever laws they may have broken or monetary damages that may occur from said photos.

http://www.photolaw.net/faq.html

or look up the US Library of Congress Copyright office.

If they took that picture of your car, sorry you have no recourse. If they DL'd it from your site or a forum, well then you own them.

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

silverstang2k1
¯
Member # 660

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverstang2k1  Ford pictures for silverstang2k1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[
quote:

NO, THEY ARE NOT PUBLIC DOMAIN!

The intellectual rights belong to the photographer who took the image. Using images that other people take is copyright infringement. Removing a logo from an image, and then using the image is Trademark infringement. Therefore, if the original image they used had CaliforniaFords.com on the bottom, and they chopped it off, they are messing with the trademark of Californiafords.com. Also, using a random image of someone’s car, and implying that the car is using a product that was bought or supplied by them and NOT stating that is it not the actual product, but similar in looks is false advertising. In addition, if I was another company, like SALEEN or FORD and seen someone using an image that showed MY product, but claimed it as their product, I would let my lawyers out.

--------------------
Silverstangs.net

Posts: 103 | From: The capital of the Golden state. | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
silverstang2k1
¯
Member # 660

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverstang2k1  Ford pictures for silverstang2k1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
go to there terms and conditions and read the part under Copyright and Tradmark

it says - - - All other trademarks not owned by "CruizinConcepts Motorsports". or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by "CruizinConcepts Motorsports"..

wonder if this a way over covering themselves?

No, it does not let them off the hook. They would still need permission to use the intellectual property from the owner of the image.

--------------------
Silverstangs.net

Posts: 103 | From: The capital of the Golden state. | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com