Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I hope you all clean your ears much!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I hope you all clean your ears much!
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This kid better clean his ears more. i don't think i'd be happy if i found spiders in my ear.
He probably won't be happy after he goes deaf because one of the spiders bit his eardrum. [Eek!]

ALBANY, Ore. — A 9-year-old boy who complained of an earache was a little surprised when the doctor told him that a pair of spiders had tried to make a home out of him.

"They were walking on my eardrums," said Jesse Courtney.

One of the spiders was still alive after the doctor flushed the fourth-grader's left ear canal.

His mother, Diane Courtney, said her son insisted he kept hearing a faint popping in his ear — "like Rice Krispies" — before the earache sent them to the doctor.

Dr. David Irvine said it looked like the boy had something in his ear when he examined him, but he could not immediately identify it. So he irrigated the ear, and the first spider came out, dead. The other spider took a second dousing before it emerged, still alive. Both were about the size of a pencil eraser.

Irvine said it was a first for him as a physician. "It was the only time I ever pulled out an invertebrate," he said.

Jesse was given the spiders — now both dead — as a souvenir. He has taken them to school and his mother has taken them to work.
"It was real interesting, 'cause, two spiders in my ear — what next?" Jesse said.
 -
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Got50Fever
¯
Member # 4187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Got50Fever  Ford pictures for Got50Fever    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I read a story similiar to that on the Corral a few years back. The guy was doing some gardening and some kind of black insect got into his ear. Said he could hear it clicking and chirping and it took all his will power to sit still while his wife pulled it out with some tweezers!
Posts: 79 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check this shit out. A few years ago an ant crawled into my ear while I was sleeping. It made a high pitched chirping sound like a bird. The chirping was so loud it woke me up. I stuck a Q tip up in there to see WTF was going on, and pulled out a live ant! It was just a normal black ant and it didn't do any damage.

More recently, a couple weeks ago, I discovered the hard way that you shouldn't stick Q tips in your ear after I caused a hemorrage. It's still bleeding. Funny how I did more damage to my own ear than the ant did. Let that be a lesson to you, listen to your wives and mothers when they tell you not to stick things in your ear.

[ May 07, 2007, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: BCINGUU ]

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah cleaning your ears with a qtip only impacts the wax, the best way to clean your ears is to squirt water in your ear like the doctors do.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OMG! Having a spider in your ear is not pleasant! Luckily the one that went in my ear left by the next morning. Waking up in the middle of the night because of it moving around isn't cool either [Mad]

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha when I was in first grade I put a rock in my ear. It took surgery to get it out! I was a moron.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com