Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Great news

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Great news
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife and I are expecting our first child [son] to be born in mid Sept. We've gone through extensive testing and recently, my wife had a amiosynthesis done. First off, my hat goes off to her. If you're unaware of this process, they take a long needle and push it through your stomach to draw fluid from inside to test for abnormal genes present. She had days to think this over and during the checkup, to my surprise, she told the doctor to do it now. Not once did she hestitate nor think about the pain she may go through. Her unselfishness to ensure the health of our child is unrivaling.
I'm happy to report that all initial signs of any problems are negative and that our son is healthy! We got the great news from our genetic counselor yesterday and she was even more thrilled about the news than we were.
So what I am trying to say is...Love your wife/partner with reckless abandon. Women go through a lot in life that sometimes us men take for granted, I for one did. [patriot]

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats! seems like every one is having a baby now..

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats. Tell the wife she's a trooper for going through all that. I'm glad everything is going good. Have any names picked out? Jeremy is a good name [patriot]

My wife did that test for our first baby. Test came back as showing that my son may have spinal biffida <---spelling. In any case that is when the spine grows outside the skin with no skin around it. We were TRIPPIN for a while until we find out that 85% of those that test positive the out come is 90% neg.... meaning something like 1 in thousands upon thousands upon thousands really has an issue. Turns out my son was fine,...for our second kid we opted not to test for anything and just take whatever is given to us...we wouldn't terminate any pregnancy if the kid was going to have downsyndrom or a birth defect so the only other reason we saw for the test is spinal biffida and since the % numbers were such as they were we figured fuckit.

Congrats again and best of luck!!

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so does that mean you're finally selling the gt?? oh BTW, CONGRATS!

[ May 04, 2007, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: SF89lLx ]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Congrats. Tell the wife she's a trooper for going through all that. I'm glad everything is going good. Have any names picked out? Jeremy is a good name [patriot]

My wife did that test for our first baby. Test came back as showing that my son may have spinal biffida <---spelling. In any case that is when the spine grows outside the skin with no skin around it. We were TRIPPIN for a while until we find out that 85% of those that test positive the out come is 90% neg.... meaning something like 1 in thousands upon thousands upon thousands really has an issue. Turns out my son was fine,...for our second kid we opted not to test for anything and just take whatever is given to us...we wouldn't terminate any pregnancy if the kid was going to have downsyndrom or a birth defect so the only other reason we saw for the test is spinal biffida and since the % numbers were such as they were we figured fuckit.

Congrats again and best of luck!!

Thanks! I'm glad everything's well with your children as well. [patriot]

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

castor
¯
Member # 2765

quote:
Originally posted by SF89lLx:
so does that mean you're finally selling the gt?? oh BTW, CONGRATS!

Thanks. I'm actually looking into storing it at a friends place.

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, shes a soldier [worship] . Glad to hear everythings alright [patriot] Better start planning now, ahead of time. Good luck bro, tip my hat for her.

--------------------
*Municipio Yanga Veracruz

castor
¯
Member # 2765

quote:
Originally posted by GRIGGYJAMESJIMBO:
Damn, shes a soldier [worship] . Glad to hear everythings alright [patriot] Better start planning now, ahead of time. Good luck bro, tip my hat for her.

Will do...appreciate it!

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats man just went throught the same process we have done with both our children so far and all is great

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Castor and to all of you CAFords members who have kids. I for one, won't try and have them. Too afraid of what they will turn out like.

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com