Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what happens if you dont pay your credit cards (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what happens if you dont pay your credit cards
1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just curious?
Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're kidding right? What are you curious about happening and we'll tell you yay or neh.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you payments go up and ur credit goes down

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pay them. You don't want the alternative.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eventually a hit man will be hired and you will be assasinated and your parents and or wife will be harassed for payment.
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"Eventually a hit man will be hired and you will be assasinated and your parents and or wife will be harassed for payment."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like his answer better, but I'm guessing you'll go banckrupt? U can file for banckrupcy, but that will be in your credit history till the day you stop breathing.

--------------------
*NorCal

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heard now they passed something where if you are "LATE" to one card it's reported to all your cards and the interest rates ALL go WAY up [Frown]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Heard now they passed something where if you are "LATE" to one card it's reported to all your cards and the interest rates ALL go WAY up [Frown]

Yup! Some credit companies have been doing this for years! [Eek!]

In the end some companies are different than others... some will give you a grace period of 10 days.. others will give you none. Some will let one payment slide into the next month... it all depends man.

You DEFINANTLY want to pay that crap off man, if you default, you will go to collections and they might even want you to pay the entire balance in full!

Just get a card that has a 0% APR/EPR for a year, transfer the balance to it and pay it down. It works pretty good.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
Just get a card that has a 0% APR/EPR for a year, transfer the balance to it and pay it down. It works pretty good. [/QB]

Just out of curiosity, not that I would do this since my credit is on good standing right now, but let's say that you do this. Can't you keep signing up with new cards and continue transferring your balance without making any payments for a while?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You could try consumer credit counseling...They'll at least take the creditors of your back and your payments will be a lot lower. The only thing is your credit will be screwed for a while but it's definately not as bad as filing bankruptcy.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They will prolly blow up your phone, send you mail and call anyone you know that are in contact with you..

Then maybe the Repo man commeth as well...

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
Just get a card that has a 0% APR/EPR for a year, transfer the balance to it and pay it down. It works pretty good.

Just out of curiosity, not that I would do this since my credit is on good standing right now, but let's say that you do this. Can't you keep signing up with new cards and continue transferring your balance without making any payments for a while?
very few cards offer this option to make no payments... usually it goes like this...

Say you have a 8k balance @ 12%apr.. Say you pay $200 a month and the interest payment will be about $198 a month... you make a $2.00 payment on principal!!! horrible! [Frown]

The credit card companies that want your business will offer you 0%APR/EPR for 6/12/24months in mailers... Transfer 8k to them and your $200 payment goes straight to the principal!! When the year runs out, transfer the balance to another card/bank offering the 0% and close out the account. [Big Grin]

Credit companies try to f*ck you, so it's only fair to do a little f*cking back [Smile]

[ May 04, 2007, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've balanced transfered twice and it works great! People say it effects your credit when you do it but that is only if you DON"T TAKE ADVANTAGE of the balance transfer. It will be clear to see if your balance transfering to avoid making payments or if you are truley trying to pay down what you owe. I don't own a house but my score is 820 which I think is pretty good. I had 12 cards at one time and didn't even use 9 or 10 of them. I made sure they were all in good standing then dumped all but two cards.

Don't balance transfer unless you intend to use it for it's intended use. Even if you have to make min. payments for a while.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/qb][/QUOTE]

Credit companies try to f*ck you, so it's only fair to do a little f*cking back [Smile] [/QB][/QUOTE]

So true. After I've paid off cards I've closed them out. Some credit card companies are so fucked up they will try and charge you an early payment fee!!!!!! That is the dumbest shit ever. CHASE does that shit...Now discover owns chase or chase owns discover I can't remember but we car stuck with a chase account again since we had an awesome discover offer,...we took it then chase was aquired. bitches! [patriot]

Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
They will prolly blow up your phone, send you mail and call anyone you know that are in contact with you..

Then maybe the Repo man commeth as well...

They can't send a repo man on an unsecured debt (credit card debt).

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's actually what I was getting at, if you're stuck with a really high APR. I've got that on one of my cards and it majorly sucks, although I don't owe a single dollar on that card. Is it bad to cancel a credit card?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
That's actually what I was getting at, if you're stuck with a really high APR. I've got that on one of my cards and it majorly sucks, although I don't owe a single dollar on that card. Is it bad to cancel a credit card?

yes,, it will hurt your credit score a little. and if you havent been late on the cared with the high apr, try calling that creditor and ask them to lower your rates,, its worth a shot

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SFvert
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by baggins:
just curious?

in a nutshell,, they get charged to collections,, collections harasses you up the ass, then depending on how much debt it is,, you get sued,, and possibly have your wages garnished,, liens placed on property,, forced to liquidate property,, levies on your accounts,,etc.. not to mention your credit is fucked for a very long time. [patriot]

--------------------
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
You could try consumer credit counseling...They'll at least take the creditors of your back and your payments will be a lot lower. The only thing is your credit will be screwed for a while but it's definately not as bad as filing bankruptcy.

not true,, your inital score might go down,, but if you need credit counseling your credit is probably fucked already,, but thats not the case always,,in the long run it will definitely help your score

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nothing happens, credit cards are free money

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you be a little more detailed on your situation? Is this for you?

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
you payments go up and ur credit goes down

well said, plus they will send it to collections then your $1000 credit card bill will become a $2500 det or more!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF89lLx:
quote:

yes,, it will hurt your credit score a little. and if you havent been late on the cared with the high apr, try calling that creditor and ask them to lower your rates,, its worth a shot
I like to know were you guys are getting your fact??? In my opinion cancelling credit cards doesn't do anything, Actually the more open accounts you have, the worse your credit score.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
getting a credit card was the first mistake. You should date different girls and have them buy everything for ya.

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
Originally posted by SF89lLx:
quote:

I like to know were you guys are getting your fact??? In my opinion cancelling credit cards doesn't do anything, Actually the more open accounts you have, the worse your credit score.
i work for a credit counseling agency .. your opinion is wrong,,your credit score is based a variety of things but primarily on your credit capacity,, meaning how much credit you have available at a certain time,, the length of time you've had that credit,, and your payment history... so if you have a shit load of cards, but your balance is still really low on all of them, your credit score should still be good.. but when you start getting more credit,, it also improves your risk of creating debt,, which could be viewed negatively by each creditor,,so again closing an account is negative because your cutting some of your credit line.. therefore hurting your score.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com