Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » wtf....bay bridge connector collapse

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: wtf....bay bridge connector collapse
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_5780113?nclick_check=1

http://www.ktvu.com/news/13217992/detail.html

Tanker Explosion Collapses Part Of Bay Bridge Maze

POSTED: 7:14 am PDT April 29, 2007
UPDATED: 8:58 am PDT April 29, 2007

OAKLAND -- An interchange off the busy Oakland-San Francisco Bay Bridge collapsed early Sunday after a tractor trailer hauling 8,600 gallons of gasoline caught fire, authorities said.

The truck's driver suffered second-degree burns, Officer Trent Cross of the California Highway Patrol said.

The tanker ignited around 3:45 a.m. after crashing into a pylon on a highway interchange connecting westbound lanes of Interstate 80, which includes the Bay Bridge, to southbound Interstate 880 in Oakland, officials said.

The fire melted a second interchange from eastbound I-80 to eastbound Interstate 580 located above the first interchange, causing it to collapse, Cross said.

The Bay Bridge consists of two heavily traveled double-decked bridges about two miles long straddling San Francisco

Copyright 2007 by KT

[ April 29, 2007, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: 89 FAKE SNAKE ]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn [Eek!]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cant wait to see how the commute will be tomorrow...or for however long it takes to repair. glad i dont commute from that area.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Blue88lx
¯
Member # 5919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue88lx  Ford pictures for Blue88lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A Chevron Tanker caused the problem so the State makes Chevron pay. Chevron pass the Cost on to the Consumer and $6.00 a Gallon this Summer!
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue88lx:
A Chevron Tanker caused the problem so the State makes Chevron pay. Chevron pass the Cost on to the Consumer and $6.00 a Gallon this Summer!

chevron reported ALL-TIME RECORD profits the past quarter, I think they can handle the costs [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
5.0JerM
¯
Member # 5149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0JerM  Ford pictures for 5.0JerM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit was crazy....I was driving to work this morning and I saw that shit...I thought they were filming a movie!! I was like damn....someone paid a lot of money to make the bridge look like that!!

--------------------
1987 Black Notchback (I'm back!)
1989 White Notchback (4cyl-V8 conversion) R.I.P
1990 Blue Notchback (orginal 5.0) Sold
1996 Saturn SL2 R.I.P

Blue88lx
¯
Member # 5919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue88lx  Ford pictures for Blue88lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue88lx:

chevron reported ALL-TIME RECORD profits the past quarter, I think they can handle the costs [Roll Eyes]
I didn't say they couldn't handle the cost, I'm saying they won't!
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW, i knew something happen last night!! at that time i was at home talking to a friend in the front yard and i heard a big BOOM! it was either the truck or when the bridge fell. My friend was like ,ahhh well hear it in the news later on. crazy

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] daaamn that is why i hate bridges and bein stuck on the bridge in traffic u never know when shit like that will happen [Frown]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I drove through there 3-5 mins before that happened..........HOLY FUKK!
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not surprised, they never did an earthquake upgrades to any of that bridge thats why they are just building another one.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was yarding my train in Oakland yard about 200 feet or so away and you could feel the heat through the locomotive windows!
Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
I drove through there 3-5 mins before that happened..........HOLY FUKK!

[Eek!] wow haulin, glad u diddnt have to go through the mess! god is with you,Now thats WERD!

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com