Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what type of guns do u own? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what type of guns do u own?
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i notice a lot of people posted on a recent thread about where to buy a pistol and it seems there maybe a lot of gun owners just curious as to what every one else has?

currently : ruger mini 14 stainless with the wood stock.
smith and wesson .357 old school high way patrol revolver

looking to buy soon: hk usp .45, ar-15 ca. edition,mini.30 or marlon camp rifle .45acp

[ April 28, 2007, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12 guage Mossberg Shotgun, and some other guns.

I am going to by a 9mm baretta soon and i WOULD LIKE to get an M4 or an M16 like my brothers but i don't think that will ever happen plus i still can't find any info on registering an out of state assualt rifle. [Frown]

DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:

I am going to by a 9mm baretta soon and i WOULD LIKE to get an M4 or an M16 like my brothers but i don't think that will ever happen plus i still can't find any info on registering an out of state assualt rifle. [Frown]

You don't. You also don't go around sharing that you have it.
Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Got50Fever
¯
Member # 4187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Got50Fever  Ford pictures for Got50Fever    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got a Ruger 10/22 and a Mosan Nagant M44. I also have an M16A4 and a Beretta M9 issued to me, but the government won't let me bring them home with me [Wink]
Posts: 79 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DRIVINFST:
quote:

i don't have one and your suppose to register it. The AWB ended in 2004 for almost every state except California you can buy an M16. If you don't register it you can't take it to a shooting range and what fun is that if you can't shoot it?

[ April 28, 2007, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Caulking,Water,Airless paint,Hot glue,Heat and a nail gun.
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueBeast88.306:
Caulking,Water,Airless paint,Hot glue,Heat and a nail gun.

good answer i like that

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The kinds that shoot bullets.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ruger 10/22 LR, Remington 860 Express 12 guage, and a 92FS 9mm Beretta with crimson trace laser sight.

[ April 28, 2007, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: 03SVTPower ]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
200psi potato gun [Big Grin]

[ April 28, 2007, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: 66backinblack ]

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

i don't have one and your suppose to register it. The AWB ended in 2004 for almost every state except California you can buy an M16. If you don't register it you can't take it to a shooting range and what fun is that if you can't shoot it?
m16 will NEVER be legal in ca again. you can never own one (legally) in ca. The federal ban lapsed, but california has thier own laws pertaining to assault style weapons. You really need to read up on laws regarding guns, if you plan on owning them.

I own a Stainless Mini14, wasr 10 (ak47), winchester model 1300 12 gauge, star firestar plus 9mm handgun.

Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At the risk of sounding redundant I would suggest that if you own firearms you keep it quiet about what you own. If someone knows where you live and perhaps have "shady" types of friends you never know if they would tell their buddies about your cache's.

A rule of thumb when somebody asks whether or not you own a firearm should be "I have enough to matter". For those of you that do not already own a gun safe I suggest you save some money and invest in one. You can't go wrong with a Liberty.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by phat_turbo_du:
quote:
quote:
quote:

m16 will NEVER be legal in ca again. you can never own one (legally) in ca. The federal ban lapsed, but california has thier own laws pertaining to assault style weapons. You really need to read up on laws regarding guns, if you plan on owning them.

I own a Stainless Mini14, wasr 10 (ak47), winchester model 1300 12 gauge, star firestar plus 9mm handgun.

I just finished a research paper on gun control laws. I know assualt rifles are illegal in CA because they extended the AWB on the state level but i haven't found any info saying that i can't buy one from another state and bring it here and register it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phat_turbo_du:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just finished a research paper on gun control laws. I know assualt rifles are illegal in CA because they extended the AWB on the state level but i haven't found any info saying that i can't buy one from another state and bring it here and register it.
CALIFORNIA
Cal. Penal Code §12275 et seq.
(Effective Date: January 1, 1990, Amended 1999)

The manufacture, distribution, transportation and importation of assault weapons in California and magazine capacity is governed by the Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Act of 1989 (the “Act”), as amended.;

An “Assault Weapon” under the Act is any firearm that is: 1.) specifically listed by name in the Act , 2.) deemed an assault weapon because the firearm is one of a “series” (e.g. AK and AR-15 series weapons), or 3.) falls within the definition of an “assault weapon” under the Act because of its characteristics. Assault weapons cannot be possessed in California unless they were previously registered with the State within the designated time period following the effective date of the Act or any subsequent revisions thereto. Unregistered assault weapons must be sold to a licensed dealer, transferred out of state or rendered inoperable. Transfers of assault weapons within the state can only be made to licensed dealers or law enforcement. Owners of assault weapons who relocate to California must follow separate procedures in order to retain possession of their firearms. Use of lawfully possessed assault weapons is restricted.

Individuals and businesses with an inventory of assault weapons exceeding a certain quantity are subject to annual inspection by the California Department of Justice for security, safe storage and state government inventory reconciliation purposes.

Magazine Capacity: The term “large capacity magazine” means “any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:

(A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.

(B) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device.

(C) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.” §12020(c)(25)

Although California does not prohibit the possession of large capacity magazines, it does generally make it unlawful to manufacture, import, sell or transfer any large capacity magazine.; §12020(a)(2);

http://www.nssf.org/LL/stateAWB.cfm

[ April 29, 2007, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: phat_turbo_du ]

Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Dana, you can only import lowers/receivers into California as long as they are "off list" brand receivers. The bigger name AR manufactures' are taboo in CA (I.E. Rock River Arms, Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite). Lowers that are "off list" brands are Stag, Vulcan, Fulton, Lauer, Wilson, Sun Devil etc. You can build the weapon into "California" compliance but it technically CANNOT have a pistol grip, flash hider or vertical foregrip if you plan on leaving the magwell open and able to accept a detachable magazine. If you pin the magazine in place with a lock kit (total joke) you can build it into whatever fashion you desire. It simply cannot have a detachable magazine period if you plan on running a traditional M16A2/M4A1 configuration.

The law states that in order to comply with the revised Roberti Roos AW Bill the lock kit must not be able to lock into place using ANY part from the weapon itself as a tool. It must have a hex head or allen head etc in order to comply.

[ April 29, 2007, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where Pharo and his pics [Razz]
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I own Remington 870 security shot gun, and a Sig p239 w/ walnut handles that will be mine when I turn 21, it's a nice piece.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
Dana, you can only import lowers/receivers into California as long as they are "off list" brand receivers. The bigger name AR manufactures' are taboo in CA (I.E. Rock River Arms, Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite). Lowers that are "off list" brands are Stag, Vulcan, Fulton, Lauer, Wilson, Sun Devil etc. You can build the weapon into "California" compliance but it technically CANNOT have a pistol grip, flash hider or vertical foregrip if you plan on leaving the magwell open and able to accept a detachable magazine. If you pin the magazine in place with a lock kit (total joke) you can build it into whatever fashion you desire. It simply cannot have a detachable magazine period if you plan on running a traditional M16A2/M4A1 configuration.

The law states that in order to comply with the revised Roberti Roos AW Bill the lock kit must not be able to lock into place using ANY part from the weapon itself as a tool. It must have a hex head or allen head etc in order to comply.

So if my bro gets me a real M4 and when he gives it to me i switch out the lower with one of those companies i can get it registered?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

quote:
quote:

So if my bro gets me a real M4 and when he gives it to me i switch out the lower with one of those companies i can get it registered?
Technically no. Until the "off list" lowers are added to the revised Roberti Roos list you cannot register them as an AW. Once they are added you can register them and more than likely build them into what they once were or were intended to be built like. I'd recommend that you just get everything and either put it in the safe or just assemble everything and shove it into your safe until the revision goes into effect.

Also keep in mind that you CANNOT what so ever "grandfather" an AW.

[ April 30, 2007, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

Technically no. Until the "off list" lowers are added to the revised Roberti Roos list you cannot register them as an AW. Once they are added you can register them and more than likely build them into what they once were or were intended to be built like. I'd recommend that you just get everything and either put it in the safe or just assemble everything and shove it into your safe until the revision goes into effect.

i think you lost me, if i switched out the lower on a real M4 it would still be an illegal weapon even if the lower isn't in the AWB until the revision?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CobraKilla
¯
Member # 1449

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraKilla  Ford pictures for CobraKilla  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Read up on it all at CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE

--------------------
62 Impala- LS2, Six-speed, 9", drop spindles, etc etc...

Posts: 599 | From: Nationwide | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i think you lost me, if i switched out the lower on a real M4 it would still be an illegal weapon even if the lower isn't in the AWB until the revision?
Even if you swapped out the receivers it would still technically not be legal. UNTIL the "off list" brands are ammended to the current Roberti Roos AW Bill you technically CANNOT modify an "off list" receiver into a pre ban configuration. If you removed the pistol grip and it had a full A2 sized stock with no flash hider then yes you could do the swap. Since the "off list" loophole has opened up (last year/2006) there have been well over 100,000 AR type receivers imported/sold through California FFL dealers.

If you're realllllllly wanting to assemble an AR type rifle you can feel free to PM me and I will give you all the details you need and an FFL dealer that is somewhat close to you. Most FFL dealers WILL NOT do "off list" receiver transactions period.

YEFF
¯
Member # 4857

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for YEFF  Ford pictures for YEFF    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got my duck hunt nintendo gun!

--------------------
RIP - 2000 Saleen Mustang GT - Custom Estate Green

Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm my own Army... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AR-15, D.E. .50, Glock .45, Wetherby .308 bolt action, Marlin 1898 .44 lever action, Remington 12ga, old double barrel 12ga.

[ May 01, 2007, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: MustangNate ]

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com