Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » '99 Cobra?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: '99 Cobra?
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Again, just wanna know people's experiences or opinions on a '99 Cobra? I've read online a lot of bad things on them, including that they don't perform as well the '96-'98 Cobras, is that true?

[ April 25, 2007, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: exchp6400 ]

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IIRC, there was a problem with them at 1st where they weren't making the advertised hp/tq... but that was corrected. I could be wrong tho..

IMO, if you want a n/a 4v modular stang... go for the 03/04 mach1's. There's a solid rear with 3.55's already in them, and they make great power. Not to mention the shaker poking out of the hood is just too cool.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont forget the interior.
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'd get a mach1 or a sn95 cobra. dunno why 99 and 01 cobras just don't do it for me.
Good luck.
I've had a 01, 03 and 96 cobra.. in that order. The 01 was the one i liked the least. The 03 was the more powerful of them all without a doubt and the most fun to ride in. However, for some obscure reason i love this 96. it seems really well balanced.

--------------------
=(

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99 Cobras with the fix are faster than the 96-98 and have IRS which is great for handling and not so great for drag racing. They have C heads which are superior to the older B heads for NA performance.

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I didn't know too much about them, but recently a came accross a pretty good deal for one, so I was considering it. We'll see, if I do get it, it will probably be to sell it for more than what I pay for it.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd rather have a '99-01 Cobra than a '96-98, just my opinion. Honestly though, the engines in both of them are crap (again, my opinion). I had nothing but problems with my '01. But of the two, I'd take the '99 because the IRS makes the car feel pretty solid on the street. My '01 (vert) with 4.30 gears was a lot of fun. Not fast at all, but definitely a lot of fun in city driving. The damn thing was so unreliable though, and it seemed like whenever I decided to gas it, it might blow. 4 engines in 15,000 miles. And that was just the engine (numerous leaks, 2 new rearends, blown shock, leaking lights, etc)

I'd rather have a '94-95 Cobra over a '96-01 Cobra though. That n/a DOHC Cobra engine has a very bad reputation with me.

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com