Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I saw something about GOLFING and reminded me about this weekend.....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I saw something about GOLFING and reminded me about this weekend.....
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyhow, I'm going to buy my first set of clubs from Costco (there's two $150 and the other $250). I haven't decided which one. I don't plan on using the NEW set until I can pass the driving range part.

Now to my question:

I don't want to spend for private lessons. What would you recommend to learn the best way? I have friends that play it casuall, but they are garbage, but good enough to at least get on the course and not kill anyone. [Eek!] [Big Grin] . Anybody here run a golf course? [patriot]

[ April 06, 2007, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Speaking of golf, everytime I drive past a golf course (Franklin Canyon, El Cerrito Hills, Orinda, others) I love when someone is about to swing and then HONK, HONK, HONK it's hilarious, ever since the first Jackass Movie I always do that, people get pissed, it might be childish but I get a kick out of it.

[ April 06, 2007, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: 91Trunkster ]

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Long shot, anybody work at Sports Authority? [Big Grin]

I was looking at these, that are sold at COSTCO too.

SPORTS AUTHORITY

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91Trunkster:
Speaking of golf, everytime I drive past a golf course (Franklin Canyon, El Cerrito Hills, Orinda, others) I love when someone is about to swing and then HONK, HONK, HONK it's hilarious, ever since the first Jackass Movie I always do that, people get pissed, it might be childish but I get a kick out of it.

lol..i do the same $hit on 680 at the sunol golf course.. [Big Grin]
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
quote:

lol..i do the same $hit on 680 at the sunol golf course.. [Big Grin]
It always gives me a good laugh [Big Grin]

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have played golf only for about a year now, and i also work in a golf pro shop. And personal teachers are the only way to go. Golf is not a game that anyone can just walk out and learn how to play. You need a good golfer there to teach you what to do. If not then you might as well not play golf or at least not expect to the the ball with your driver more than 150-180 yards. Instructors are worth every penny if you are serious about learning how to play golf. within a year of playing I am able to drive 250+ yards and able to hit pretty much any spot on the driving range thanks to my teacher. And with the selection of golf clubs go with the ones that cost $250, its not a bad starter set.

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have some Top Flite Tour Ti graphite shafted irons 2 thru SW with a top flite bag that I will sell you for $250. PM me your e-mail address and I will send you pictures. I used them for maybe 20 rounds and now I play with Blades.

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try taking some beginner class at communtiy college then you wont have to pay alot to get the basics and when you get more experience then look toward private lessons
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are a total beginner than you don't even really need every club in the set for now.

Get used to hitting you short irons consistantly staright and don't worry about disatnce AT ALL!

Start with a PW and work your way up to 9I, 7I, and then 5I.

Don't even bother with anything above that.....especially the woods (even though people think they are more fun to hit because they go farther [Roll Eyes] )

Take a good series of lessons from a professional and then practice, practice, practice.

I learned how to play when i was 10 and worked at a driving range for many, many years and know a ton about the sport so fire away with ?'s guys [Wink]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I live right by a golf course. Used to do it all the time. [Big Grin] [worship]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com