Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Somethings "Iffy" about this cobra 4 sale...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Somethings "Iffy" about this cobra 4 sale...
o3BlueMach1
¯
Member # 6858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for o3BlueMach1  Ford pictures for o3BlueMach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I mean its a good price until you see whats iffy about it.... can anyone else see it? [Wink]

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=1&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending& certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_14_%7CD-_179_%7CN-N%7CR-150%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CZ-94534&aff=national&paId=223838484&recnum=80&leadExists=true

--------------------
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
300whp 326 wtq
12.70 @ 108, 1.79 60'
Bolt-ons, 4.10's, and 17" ET Streets

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's the wrong front bumper cover that's for sure [Wink]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

o3BlueMach1
¯
Member # 6858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for o3BlueMach1  Ford pictures for o3BlueMach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wondering if a offer of $23k OTD would be good since its obviously been in an accident....

--------------------
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
300whp 326 wtq
12.70 @ 108, 1.79 60'

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
carfax it.maybe the previous owner prefered the 99-01 cover.i dont know why but maybe he did
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
y would u offer 23k knowing that something is not right about this car. u can find a legit one for that price.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

o3BlueMach1
¯
Member # 6858

I have carfaxed it and it came up clean.... and also i wouldnt offer 23k until i saw it in person... just to make sure it wasnt really messed up... and im a ase certified mechanic so i could tell if it was fucked up...

--------------------
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
300whp 326 wtq
12.70 @ 108, 1.79 60'

o3BlueMach1
¯
Member # 6858

and if you could find me a legit one, at a dealer, for 23 otd plz tell me cuz i will buy it lol...

--------------------
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
300whp 326 wtq
12.70 @ 108, 1.79 60'

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The first thing wrong with it is that its on Cash for Cars lot.  - those fags.Id steeeeeeer CLEAR away from that hacklot.And ANY of the car lots on San Carlos and that type ger their shit from auctions.These are the cars that REAL dealerships wont deal with.So assured there is definalty something "IFFY" about it.

[ March 29, 2007, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doesnt look like cobra front brakes either, just some pbr caliburs to me [patriot]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by o3BlueMach1:
and if you could find me a legit one, at a dealer, for 23 otd plz tell me cuz i will buy it lol...

i mean u can find one for 23k from a place other than a stealership. i never buy cars at stealerships cuz obviously theyre trying to make money from u while private parties are usually just looking to get rid of a car and may consider taking a loss. if financing is an issue u can always go through a credit union to get a decent rate.
just knowing up front that the cobra has different parts on it would make me wonder what else was done to it. maybe it was pullied, cobra seats replaced, brakes gone, etc? its always nice to talk with the owner to find out the history on the car, which usually isnt available obviously from the stealership.

another thing i like about buying from a private party is that i usually save a few hundred dollars on tax by lowering the selling price from actual. most of the owners ive delt with are more than happy to lower the stated selling price.

[ March 30, 2007, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

EVLSONC
¯
Member # 6172

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for EVLSONC  Ford pictures for EVLSONC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone here is right about those dealerships. They sell crap. I test drove an 03 Cobra from the same dealership about 2 months ago. It drove like shit and you could tell it wasn't well taken care of. It was worth waiting two months and spending a few extra grand when you're already spending over 20k. Im pretty shocked at how many cobras i found that werent well taken care of. I would expect more people to treat these beautiful cars exceptional well. I know I do!

--------------------
03 Sonic Blue Cobra

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98GTVENOM:
Everyone here is right about those dealerships. They sell crap. I test drove an 03 Cobra from the same dealership about 2 months ago. It drove like shit and you could tell it wasn't well taken care of. It was worth waiting two months and spending a few extra grand when you're already spending over 20k. Im pretty shocked at how many cobras i found that werent well taken care of. I would expect more people to treat these beautiful cars exceptional well. I know I do!

I think that has to do with "How easy they are to mod" [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

o3BlueMach1
¯
Member # 6858

well i bought my mach 1 from a dealership and i only had a good experience, i got a car that wasn't beat on and i got it way below blue book( even for private party value i did good).

The main reson I would actually go to a dealership is then it makes it easy to transition between cars if you only own one, id rather not go through the hassle of selling my car, then trying to find another car while i dont have one to get me to work etc.

oh well, maybe ill just wait until carmax gets a silver or blue cobra in stock, I have a couple friends that have bought cars from there and a friend that works there, and they say the place is great to buy a car from...

[ March 30, 2007, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: o3BlueMach1 ]

--------------------
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1
300whp 326 wtq
12.70 @ 108, 1.79 60'

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
doesnt look like cobra front brakes either, just some pbr caliburs to me [patriot]

The Cobra brakes are PBR "caliburs" and you're probably lookin at the rear's [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That car has a cold air intake,short shifter, but its not worth it.

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

98_No_Bra
¯
Member # 2351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98_No_Bra  Ford pictures for 98_No_Bra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The front end looks right but the rear end should say cobra shouls'nt it??? Thats alot of lettuce though.

-

Rear end-

-

--------------------
Better to burp and taste it then to fart and waste it!!!

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98_No_Bra:
The front end looks right but the rear end should say cobra shouls'nt it??? Thats alot of lettuce though.

Wrong!...That's a 99-01 Cobra front bumper NOT 03-04....If you look closly it looks like it say's "COBRA"in the rear bumper, but it's hard to tell....

Click on "The Grey GT", you can see what a 01 bumper looks like...

http://www.greygt.com/mycars.shtml

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow i was actually going to go thursday to take a look at it (was gunna go last saturday but i got busy) and maybe buy it but for get it.
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
408OUTLAW
¯
Member # 7297

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408OUTLAW  Ford pictures for 408OUTLAW  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[BS flag]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com