Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Street Racing.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Did I over-reacted??????????? (Page 1)

Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Did I over-reacted???????????
ilikeV8torque
¯
Member # 6509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilikeV8torque  Ford pictures for ilikeV8torque    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This past Sunday, I was getting some gas for my 00' Stang on a Valero gas station in Hayward. As I finished putting gas and getting ready to leave the gas station, my ride gets rear-ended by a red Chevy S10 pickup truck that just pulled up behind me. I was so upset because when I felt the hit, I swear my rear bumper would have a big damage. I was cursin' out the driver and the passenger on how the fuck they managed to rear end me when they saw my car when they pulled up because I was there before them.

I asked the driver "Where you using your rear-view when you were backing up?" and his reply was " I thought you were leaving". That stupid answer got me even more heated and I said to the driver I don't give a fuck what you thought, you should have used your rear view mirror while backing so your stupid ass would've not hit my car.

The other reason that was getting me even angrier than I already was that the driver wasn't answering me much but the stupid passenger kept replying for him. I then find out the driver doesn't even have a license that's why the passenger kept answer for him.

Bottom line, my car didn't have any visible damage on the bumper and paint. I looked at all the lining make sure nothing got messed up but everything seemed to be ok. I gave the guy a break and told him if you want to drive, make sure you have a fucking license and drive carefully and I left it at that and took off.

I don't know but for some reason, I still had some compassion to not get this guy arrested or get his car towed/impounded without having a license. I was so close on getting physical with those 2 dumbasses but my girl was there to control me and my temper.

BTW, I have silver 00" GT Procharged.

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so no damage to your car? [Confused]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you took it to another level and actually got physical, then yes i think you over-reacted. it's only a car, although it might mean a lot, it's not something to get hurt over. you never know what the other guy has or might do. getting upset and just yelling at the guy seemed like a natural reaction.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No you didn't over react and i hope you got their info just in case something you missed comes up.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ilikeV8torque
¯
Member # 6509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilikeV8torque  Ford pictures for ilikeV8torque    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
so no damage to your car? [Confused]

Nothin' that I can see. Been checking my car everyday but I can't really see any wrong so thats good.
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
should have called the cops and had the car taken, people should not be allowed drive AT ALL without a license, shit 80% of people with license can't drive for shit why let the ones not even being partly responsible get away with it?

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because your car is silver, seeing any damage will me much harder. I can almost gaurentee that you have small little, circular, spider cracks in your paint. Over time (as in months to years) your paint will begin to show its damage. You may not have suffered any body damage initially but your paint definitely took a beating.

I was bumped by a woman a long time ago and I didn't have any visual damage. I visited my friend who owns a body shop in my hometown and he took a look at my bumper, only to discover the small cracks in the paint. Only his trained eye could find them and point them out to me but they were there.

Bottom line: I hope you got some information because when your paint begins to show signs of damage, you will want their ASS! You think you were pissed? Wait a few months and then tell us how mad you are. Just FYI bro.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should have called the cops. Show him what its really like to get in trouble.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you did over-react to me. I can understand being upset in the beginning. But it doesnt sound like the other dude was antogonizing you. From the sound of the story you were basically causing a scene. And almost threatening the dude. I personally would have calmed down after a bit. but it was cool of you to let the dude go (I wouldnt have). I hope you judged the situation and the surroundings tho. Because in the wrong area those actions can get your hat handed to you. I have seen it happen. Becareful of the old "bump and jack".
COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
believe it or not for sum reason the rear bumpers on the 99-04 stangs are like dent proof... on three occasions i've seen those gt's get "lightly rear ended" and the indent just pops right out.. even my gold 2000 got lightly hit on the bay bridge avoiding a spin out end when i checked it after i got home there was nuthing.

and no. i feel you handled the situation perfectly.

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project
'97 Saturn SL1(saving the planet)

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post 
I have no compassion for those driving without a license or insurance,,,and no u didnt overreact

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
ilikeV8torque
¯
Member # 6509

Thanks for all the reply fellas. When bad things like that happens, my automatic instinct is in an angry/upset mode. I don't tend to be like this but this is my automatic reaction. I'm glad alot of you think I didn't overreact to the situation because I don't really think I did but I guess I did do enough to cause a minor scene but not done on purpose.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you definately didn't over react. You could of easily called the police, made a report, and got your car buffed out for free. He got off easy. You should of charged that idiot $100 not to call the cops. Glad to hear your car wasn't damaged. [patriot]

[ March 22, 2007, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Sounds like you did over-react to me. I can understand being upset in the beginning. But it doesnt sound like the other dude was antogonizing you. From the sound of the story you were basically causing a scene. And almost threatening the dude. I personally would have calmed down after a bit. but it was cool of you to let the dude go (I wouldnt have). I hope you judged the situation and the surroundings tho. Because in the wrong area those actions can get your hat handed to you. I have seen it happen. Becareful of the old "bump and jack".

Exactly, think before you say something stupid or over-react to someone you met on the street. Play it cool, try to get all the info needed and take care of the shit like a real man without the threats and fight words, dont act like you're the tough guy cuz 99% of the time, those tough guys get their asses handed to them over the stupidest shit. Then the shit just escalates to more shit...
Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should have ask the guy for at least 20 bucks so u could wax your car. When I had my old 50 some china women hit me in the parking lot.
Nothing happened to my car but I told her give me $20 so I could buy some wax and I won't call the cops. she handed over the money and I cut out.

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE SNITCHES! No damage done no need for the police. Where I come from callin the cops for a dude not having a license is a snitch. Snitches are no good! Its time for a new sig!!!!!!

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
I HATE SNITCHES! No damage done no need for the police. Where I come from callin the cops for a dude not having a license is a snitch. Snitches are no good! Its time for a new sig!!!!!!

lol

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lmao at Modular's sig!!!!! hahahahaha!

Were they Mexicans? Was this the Valero on Jackson st near 880?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if they don't have a license they should not be driving. = call the police.
However, it seems that you were overreacting to me. No need to scream and call people names, that shit gets people in trouble.
The situation could have escalated easily. You come up to his car... he responds back, you end up hitting him and you'd be the one in Jail.
likewise, If you are approaching his car yelling out smack, he gets out of his car.. you take this as a confrontation, hit him, then you are responsible since you are the one instigating the fight.

It seems that you were yelling your heart out Before you even found out he had no a license. Be careful man, most of my friends would answer back quickly even if they were at fault if someone was screaming at them. I'm sure a lot of people are like that out there.

--------------------
=(

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
However, it seems that you were overreacting to me. No need to scream and call people names, that shit gets people in trouble.
The situation could have escalated easily. You come up to his car... he responds back, you end up hitting him and you'd be the one in Jail.
likewise, If you are approaching his car yelling out smack, he gets out of his car.. you take this as a confrontation, hit him, then you are responsible since you are the one instigating the fight.

It seems that you were yelling your heart out Before you even found out he had no a license. Be careful man, most of my friends would answer back quickly even if they were at fault if someone was screaming at them. I'm sure a lot of people are like that out there.

+1

Can easily have your hat handed to you doing that shit. Even if I had hit you. I would have been apologetic, but had you came at me like that. I would have easily taken it to the street with you.

modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]
Thats your 1600 post using just that smiley IMPRESSIVE!

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
ilikeV8torque
¯
Member # 6509

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:

When I posted this thread, I prepared myself for all the types of comments I was going to get that's why I posted. However, I may have mentioned almost getting physical but I did not do or say things that would start a street brawl. I was plainly upset.

My post wasn't focused on the fact that I said "I ALMOST GOT PHYSICAL". I simply added that in because I was very upset but more over how I handled the whole picture of the situation as it happened.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Yea my point too was that, your action could have been perceived as threatening (especially if you are a big dude) thus prompting the other party to act. Glad to see all went well. These days one small thing can turn into front page news. Feel me?
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]
Thats your 1600 post using just that smiley IMPRESSIVE!
ha

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com