Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » u know kragen price matches?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: u know kragen price matches?
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just found out yesterday that not only does kragen price match partsamerica(which is a sister company of kragen) but they also match competitors' prices plus a 5% discount. so u can take a printout from online from rockauto or summit and they'll price match on the spot.
i was going to place a large order for maintenance parts with rockauot, which seems to have the lowest prices on oem parts but now will go through kragen.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

GTChink
¯
Member # 293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTChink  Ford pictures for GTChink    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn I wish I knew that before I went to Autozone to get a starter for my wife's Corolla.

--------------------
1999 GT Twin Screwedsold.

Posts: 477 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
93grbrGT
¯
Member # 6655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93grbrGT  Ford pictures for 93grbrGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have been doing that for a long time. Some Kragen's managers might give you a hard time about price matching Summit, Jeg's and any out of the area competitors though.
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did that w/ my intake manifold, saved me 150$ and you dont have to wait for shipping!
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actually we dont do summit and places like that..they have to be like pepboys or auto zone...not a big warehouse..sometimes u can actually jus go in and if ur cool bout it tell em u saw it online for a bew bucks cheaper the honor it...

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and let me know wha u need..i work for kragens..haha

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea, theyve been doin that since before i worked there in 2000

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:

Up go back even further to 1989 when I worked there in High School.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit, i never knew they did it. they dont really advertise it at all from what i see so im surprised many of u guys know about it already.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I knew they matched but if you ever have to return the product as in using the warranty you will have to pay the price difference. I just had that happen on a alternator. I brought it back in because it stopped working. The gave me a new one, but I had to pay that price match difference since it was not the store price. Its like a glitch in their system, where they cant issue the return unless its paid for and since your old part was cheaper when applied to the new part it wont release it from their inventory so you have to pay the diff. May not matter in a long run, but it pissed me off.
93grbrGT
¯
Member # 6655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93grbrGT  Ford pictures for 93grbrGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I knew they matched but if you ever have to return the product as in using the warranty you will have to pay the price difference. I just had that happen on a alternator. I brought it back in because it stopped working. The gave me a new one, but I had to pay that price match difference since it was not the store price. Its like a glitch in their system, where they cant issue the return unless its paid for and since your old part was cheaper when applied to the new part it wont release it from their inventory so you have to pay the diff. May not matter in a long run, but it pissed me off.

They ripped you off. They could have just did a warranty exchange or modified the price during the return. If they did this recently you should go talk to a manager or ask to speak to their district manager.
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

quote:
Originally posted by N8:

thats bullshit..when someone comes in with taht and i have to do it i can do the price..long as u got the recpit it shows..i jus need to change the price and put my mang. pass numbers and its set to that..thats the point of price match and warranty..id take it back and tell them..u shouldnt have to pay more unless its and upgrade [patriot]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
which one in san ho you work at fake snake

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93grbrGT:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

They ripped you off. They could have just did a warranty exchange or modified the price during the return. If they did this recently you should go talk to a manager or ask to speak to their district manager.
yea this was like 2-3 weeks ago. Now I am really mad, I spent a good 45 minutes in there with them trying to figure this crap out.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks I didn't know this. Great info [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
quote:

[Eek!] Kragens were around back then?
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
quote:

[Eek!] Kragens were around back then?
Yep [Big Grin] Nationwide but under 3 different names. Kragens, Schucks, and Checker Auto. I made $5.50 an hour and gas was .79 cents, man I feel like I am getting old [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com