Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Reno Vs. Vegas

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Reno Vs. Vegas
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok well i hadnt been back to reno in like 6 years,, but honestly reno sucks,, its a DEAD town. The only thing you can do is gamble, and the rest of the city is a ghost town. Someone please tell me Vegas is not like Reno at all. [Confused]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I JUST came back from Vegas with the wife. And we had a ball. Vegas is by far not dead. Lots of shows and shit. We hit quite a few clubs too. Oh and there are some nice hotels just off the strip, that are cheaper than the ones on the strip and are very nice. I learned that after the fact. We stayed at the Bellagio [Mad]
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Reno is in no way comparable to Vegas. Reno is dead.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're trippin man. Reno and Vegas shouldn't even be in the same sentence together, way different league [Big Grin]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vegas is killer! Lots of nice hotels and tons of stuff to do during the day. There are a bunch of night clubs, strip clubs, and bars as well.

The only problem is it is expenisve as FUCK! [Smile]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup....vegas fuckin rocks!!!! [worship] [dance]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really don't consider Reno to be "dead". I enjoy walking the street and checking out a couple of the bars, but mainly I'm there to gamble lol. Maybe I'll stop by Summit if I have any winnings [Wink]

I've never been to Vegas, mainly because I'm happy with Tahoe and Reno (Thunder Valley in Lincoln is nice too). I'm sure Vegas is the ultimate gambling experience but I think I can live without the flashly lights and hookers lol. I usually stay for free in Reno, and have a cabin in Tahoe, so I can't justify spending $100's per night just for a room in Vegas. I'm sure the bars and shows are great, but I really don't care for any of that.

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
yup....vegas fuckin rocks!!!! [worship] [dance]

+1

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I turned 21 I had some of the greatest times of my life in Reno. When going boarding Lake Tahoe is awesome and sick as well for white winters in a cabin.

When you get older you gotta step your game up to Vegas. If you got cash the fun never ends!

BIGJUNE
¯
Member # 1716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGJUNE  Ford pictures for BIGJUNE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Reno is kool but Vegas is the bomb because of all the stuff to do than juz gamble. Last time I was there they had pool parties and jumpind clubs.
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Juiced-03:
I really don't consider Reno to be "dead". I enjoy walking the street and checking out a couple of the bars, but mainly I'm there to gamble lol. Maybe I'll stop by Summit if I have any winnings [Wink]

I've never been to Vegas, mainly because I'm happy with Tahoe and Reno (Thunder Valley in Lincoln is nice too). I'm sure Vegas is the ultimate gambling experience but I think I can live without the flashly lights and hookers lol. I usually stay for free in Reno, and have a cabin in Tahoe, so I can't justify spending $100's per night just for a room in Vegas. I'm sure the bars and shows are great, but I really don't care for any of that.

reno is ok, but then again i do have 2 houses which i stay at in henderson (5min, away from vegas) just how u stay at ur place in reno.....

but vegas is much more better, not just for gambling (im only 19) but to drive around on the strip, and shows and stores and eating a places....etc....there is ALOT to do in vegas.....i especially love buying fireworks in a lil town called pahrump....one hour away from vegas....

oh and there is alot of performance shops in vegas and there is also "the strip"=LV speedway [worship]

mustang depot is right around the corner from my aunts house....everytime i go though......its fucking closed!!!! [Mad] [Mad]

[ March 07, 2007, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: F8LSN8K ]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vegas is awsome, reno is like a trailer park compared to Vegas! [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Juiced 03 you realy are not qualified to give a response because you have never been to Vegas so you realy have no clue to what you are even talking about. Just go it is worth the money to do it.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i go to vegas at least 3 times per year, and ive spent about 200 bucks gambling there, gambling is only the tip of the iceberg, vegas is a party town.....that place is just fuckin unreal, and adult disnyland for sure

[ March 08, 2007, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: 93venom ]

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com