Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody Know How Or Someone That Tweaks On An Audi

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody Know How Or Someone That Tweaks On An Audi
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am looking for some info for my Audi, I have a 2007 Q7 S-Line 350HP, I love it, I just want to tweak it, see what I can do with it.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just find some audi forums and read up on what the popular shit to do is.they got enthusiast sites for like every car now.
Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you want to do with it?

www.stasisengineering.com

They're out here at Sears Point. Ask for Jason, tell him Cosmo sent you.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Audiworld.com has a good NorCal forum with helpful people. As far as the Q7, I don't think there are any performance parts available yet and the Audi 4.2L V8 has almost zero aftermarket support. Tuners don't even offer a chip upgrade for California since we only have 91 octane. I think an air intake and exhaust is going to be the extent of your potential modifications, and it'll probably be a year or so before those come out.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I am looking for some info for my Audi, I have a 2007 Q7 S-Line 350HP, I love it, I just want to tweak it, see what I can do with it.

Wife and I are looking into buying this car. Would you say there's plenty of cargo space for a stroller and still enough left for say a Costco run? Is the ride pretty smooth? Any info would be great.

Thanks

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best site I've found for my A4. They cover EVERY Audi ever made. http://www.audiworld.com/
[patriot]

*edit* i see someone has already pointed you in the right direction

[ February 28, 2007, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info guys, I just want to see if I can get more power out of it, I know there has to be some hidden power in it, if I could get an extra 50 hp that would be great, maybe an intake and exhaust, the exhaust sounds like some kind of muscle car, not what you would expect, and a tuner would be great.

Castor, the cargo space is better in the Q7 than my 02 Escalade was, the third row seating leg room is better in the Q7 than the Escalade, the handling is unreal, mine has the air ride suspension, I can raise up about 6 inches, I always leave it in Dynamic, which is all the way lowered, I like trying to see how fast I can take a turn, there is a Comfort setting but I havent tried it yet. With the factory 21s the ride is not bad for a lowered car if you like it firm, I always do. The S-Line are hard to find, I have been looking for 3 months, very few dealerships around, I went to 3 different dealerships, Concord only had one, Burlingame had none, but San Jose had two of them. Burlingame and Concord wanted me to order it without seeing it, I didnt like that, I wanted to see the color options. Steven Creek Audi was the best place I went to, the gave it to me $3k cheaper than the other dealers and didnt charge me extra for the optional 21" wheels, if you want, I would be glad to take you for a test drive, I just cant stop driving this thing. Can someone post pics for me?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks for the info guys, I just want to see if I can get more power out of it, I know there has to be some hidden power in it, if I could get an extra 50 hp that would be great, maybe an intake and exhaust, the exhaust sounds like some kind of muscle car, not what you would expect, and a tuner would be great.

Castor, the cargo space is better in the Q7 than my 02 Escalade was, the third row seating leg room is better in the Q7 than the Escalade, the handling is unreal, mine has the air ride suspension, I can raise up about 6 inches, I always leave it in Dynamic, which is all the way lowered, I like trying to see how fast I can take a turn, there is a Comfort setting but I havent tried it yet. With the factory 21s the ride is not bad for a lowered car if you like it firm, I always do. The S-Line are hard to find, I have been looking for 3 months, very few dealerships around, I went to 3 different dealerships, Concord only had one, Burlingame had none, but San Jose had two of them. Burlingame and Concord wanted me to order it without seeing it, I didnt like that, I wanted to see the color options. Steven Creek Audi was the best place I went to, the gave it to me $3k cheaper than the other dealers and didnt charge me extra for the optional 21" wheels, if you want, I would be glad to take you for a test drive, I just cant stop driving this thing. Can someone post pics for me?

Thanks for all the info! It's good to know that there's more room in the Audi than an Escalade. Escalades do have a good amount of room, but that 3rd row seating is fairly uncomfortable. Thanks for the great details.

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Can someone post pics for me?

-

-

-

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm in bloody fuckin love!! [worship] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com