Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Speaker question.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Speaker question.
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for FlyingLow  Ford pictures for FlyingLow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a question for any of you guys and girls on here that have replaced your stock speakers. I'm looking to replace my speakers on my stang but I don't know which ones to get. I'm planning on keeping my stock stereo. I bought some Rockford Fosgate speakers awhile back and they sounded like crap. Has anyone on here replaced their speakers with after market ones recently? I want some speakers that sound clean not all distorted sound. I have a 02' GT with the Mach stereo. By the way I'm planning on replacing the speakers with the same size that are currently in the car. (6x8's) Any help is appreciated. Thank you guys in advance. [patriot]
Posts: 346 | From: North Valley SJ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have used Infinity's in the stock system and they sounded good.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Either Polk Audio, Boston Acoustic, Infinity, Soundstream or high end Pioneer all work great. In my former 92 coupe it had Soundstream all around but my 92 GT vert had Polk Audio. Both sounded awesome.

[ January 18, 2007, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always run Sony Xplod stuff and it sounds great.
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im running a pioneer head unit, followed by audiobahn/bazooka speakers in the doors/rear. They sound super clear and can get louder if i run an amp to them.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I LIKE MB QUARTZ FOR MY MIDS AND HIGHS AND JL AUDIO FOR THE WOOFERS JUST MY OPINION [Big Grin]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
98cobraGUY68
¯
Member # 1505

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98cobraGUY68  Ford pictures for 98cobraGUY68  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the quality and the kind of sound you get from your speakers are just as much affected by the deck as from your speakers. Its all personal prefrence. I have a 98' cobra with the the mach system and i added a filter to block out the lows from the upper door speakers and disconnected the stock amps and put a huge alpine 4 channel amp...alpine is very good but expensive....and a fosgate amp for my sub...rated at 746watts for one 10'inch sub...i replaced all internal speakers with mb quartz which are clen but also very basic upgrade. i have a pioneer deck and liked the sound quality a little better than with the highend kenwood i have in there now. it sounds good but the deck and its ability to really make it sound the way you like it is the only way to go...getting that clear sound without any distortion is the goal right/?...any aftermarket speaker...since your not upgradeing the amps...will work...and you can get a deck for about 2-300$ that will get it sounding great. GL...i hope my experiance has helped.

--------------------
:'98 SVT Cobra (Laser Red)(5027/5174)

R.I.P.

Posts: 431 | From: San Jose,CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
I LIKE MB QUARTZ FOR MY MIDS AND HIGHS AND JL AUDIO FOR THE WOOFERS JUST MY OPINION [Big Grin]

+1 for mb quarts. 3 shops ive been to and i ask for there opinons. they always say mb quarts for your mids [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have infinity Kappas in my coupe. U cant go wrong with them. [patriot]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingLow  Ford pictures for FlyingLow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the help guys! [worship]
Posts: 346 | From: North Valley SJ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rather than start another thread I have a similar question.

My daily driver is a 98 Sentra. I swapped the stock deck to an old Pioneer CD player long ago. The stock speakers aren't good at all and I was wondering if swapping speakers, alone, would help. I mean not adding an amplifier, just an aftermarket speaker swap. I'm not looking for a good "system sound," just something I can hear a little more clearly.

This question can be applied to any vehicle, will simple replacing the stock speakers only make a difference?

Thanks

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CMELEVU  Ford pictures for CMELEVU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Rather than start another thread I have a similar question.

My daily driver is a 98 Sentra. I swapped the stock deck to an old Pioneer CD player long ago. The stock speakers aren't good at all and I was wondering if swapping speakers, alone, would help. I mean not adding an amplifier, just an aftermarket speaker swap. I'm not looking for a good "system sound," just something I can hear a little more clearly.

This question can be applied to any vehicle, will simple replacing the stock speakers only make a difference?

Thanks

yeah. the quality of materials that the aftermarket speakers use are ten fold better than the 89 stuff that auto manufacturer's put into the cars. the new cars are better, but i have found that it is hard to beat the sound quality of the aftermarket.
Posts: 201 | From: Marysville | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
98cobraGUY68
¯
Member # 1505

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98cobraGUY68  Ford pictures for 98cobraGUY68  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i agree...old cars speakers are horrible and any speaker swap is ten times better.

--------------------
:'98 SVT Cobra (Laser Red)(5027/5174)

R.I.P.

Posts: 431 | From: San Jose,CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mb Quarts all the way. They are very clean and handle a lot of power. Not sure if they make them in your size but you can always check on-line.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie306:
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:

+1 for mb quarts. 3 shops ive been to and i ask for there opinons. they always say mb quarts for your mids [patriot]
MB quarts quality has gone way down hill..they are now owned by DEI.

A/D/S, Boston, Polks, are all very nice

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98cobraGUY68:
yeah i agree...old cars speakers are horrible and any speaker swap is ten times better.

Clarions are also good. ohh yeah Focals are better than MB quart. Just go to frys and buy anything kool. you'll be happy. Don't get sony anything for your car just plain SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for everyones input [patriot]
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im guessing it sounds a bit tinty you cant put any thing to that system and make it sound right you have to rewire th car been doing this 4 14 years mustang audio just plain sucks

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com