Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » snowboard ?s (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: snowboard ?s
pumpkin notch
¯
Member # 5486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for pumpkin notch  Ford pictures for pumpkin notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im going to Borreal this weekend and am tired of having to rent everything. What is a good brand of board? I want to get something used for now on cl. What should i look for im about 5'11" and my shoe size is 13. Any suggestions would help.
pumpkin notch
¯
Member # 5486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for pumpkin notch  Ford pictures for pumpkin notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
p.s Im a beginner and im looking to spend around $300.00 for board,boots, and bindings is this enough for a pretty good used setup?
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$300 might be a little too low. I would go to Copelands in Stonestown to see if they have anything on closeout ASAP. Most of it's gone though.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you're serious about boarding i suggest finding a good pair of boots first and foremost and then just renting the rest, as boots make a huge difference. anyways, if you're gonna buy everything now here are my suggestions, for boots i personally like 32s. bindings should be next, i've had good experiences with drakes and flows. and you should pick your board last, based on the type of riding you like to do. i do park about 30-40% of the time i go to the snow so i'm riding an atomic hatchet. as for board brands to recommend, gnu, libtech, forum, are all pretty good. only burton boards i would recommend are the $400+ so i would stay away from the cheaper models.

[ January 09, 2007, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: tonster ]

*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To bad you didn't ask sooner. If you go to www.sportsoutletusa.com they have used stuff for good ass prices, I don't think you would receive it before this weekend though.
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just as tonster rec'd it's a very good idea to find a boot that fits well and is within your budget ($100-200)

Then you can get the other necessities bindings ($75-125), board ($150-400)

Then don't forget about clothes, goggles, gloves, etc.

It adds up quick but so does renting all the time.

You can skimp a bit on clothing but gloves should be another important piece of the puzzle.

If you'd like a good used board i actually have a Rossingol 159 that i used lst year but recently picked up a Libtech 155 (Dark Series)

I'm about 5'11" and 175lbs. so it should work fine for ya.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

pumpkin notch
¯
Member # 5486

Thanks for the replys. Another ? what do the numbers meen when choosing a board for example Rossingol 159? Ive only gone snowboarding a handful of times so guess im not in the serious category, i can barely get down the mountain withought folling on my a$$ but i would like a board that i can grow off of. Thanks again guys.
*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Typically you what a little bit longer board for cruising and a little bit shorter one for spins,etc. it also depends on how tall you are, you should stay usally around chin height. The numbers are cm. long.
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the number is the length of the board in CM as mentioned. try ebay if you're not in a rush to get your gear. like the others mentioned, buy good boots. i bought a cheap package deal from ebay, board+boots+binding all for about $300. boots sucked and hurt my feet, everything else was great for what i needed. like yourself, i've been snowboarding only 6-8 times so the stuff i bought was just fine. i did, however, ended up buying better boots for $100. it made a big difference in comfort and ride.
pumpkin notch
¯
Member # 5486

I found this one on cl opinions on it please? Whats the deal with it being wider, is that better when you have size 13 shoe?
pumpkin notch
¯
Member # 5486

oops http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/spo/259997102.html
*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Yeah, I got a size 13 myself, if you don't go wider you may be doing some toe draggin.
*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

You may want to look just a little more. I just got a board, boots and bindings almost new on cl for 100.00 total with no dings. Oh yeah, sorry I got that deal first, kind of.
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude your just in time. 30% off at Sierrasnowboard. You can buy online, but they are located by SAC or close to SAC. Get it while you can!!

www.Sierrasnowboard.com

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my board and boots for 150 bucks, they are used and in good shape.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

whyteLX5.0
¯
Member # 6023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyteLX5.0  Ford pictures for whyteLX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont get that board its a peice of shit. First 163 is way to big for you. Im 6 ft and i ride a 158 so it would be way longer than you need. Since you have big feet try to find a wide board but it good condition. I would think you'd be better off renting a board just for this weekend then actually put some time into looking at some boards after the fact just so you dont rush into a purchase.
Posts: 195 | From: Pittsburg/Antioch | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Shit's moving fast if you haven't looked yet!!! They are running out sizes in all things.

--------------------

pumpkin notch
¯
Member # 5486

found this one looks pretty good and the price is not to bad. What do you guys think? This board is also 30% its original price of 299.99 correct?http://shop.sierrasnowboard.com/browse.cfm/4,1399.htm
pumpkin notch
¯
Member # 5486

http://shop.sierrasnowboard.com/browse.cfm/4,1399.htm
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

quote:
Originally posted by pumpkin notch:
found this one looks pretty good and the price is not to bad. What do you guys think? This board is also 30% its original price of 299.99 correct?http://shop.sierrasnowboard.com/browse.cfm/4,1399.htm

That's a cool one, so is the K2 Fuse. You get 30% off and it's new too.

--------------------

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Just make sure you get the right size. I ended up getting a 162 wide Burton King, but I'm 6'2 220 with a 14 size snowboard boots. I would call tomorrow and get some advice from the people that work there.

--------------------

tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
honestly dude, pick your boots out first then work from there. even if you have too, spend more on your boots than anything else. i've had buddies of mine start out with shitty boots and $500 board/bindings and had an awful time learning and nearly wanted to give up. on the other hand my cousin was had never really snowboarded seriously picked up some 32s and spent $200 on her boards/bindings and had a great time and is picking it up quickly. i would even go as far to recommend buying boots now and holding off and renting until you can determine your best board size and type of riding you want to do.
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Oh yeah, If I were you I would buy your boots at REI. REI has a sick satisfaction garauntee policy. So basically you can snowboard in your boots for a while and if they never break in like you wanted or something happends to them. They will give you store credit (same amount of purchase time) and you can exchange them. If you do decide to go to REI (Which I highly recommend) for the boots at least. If you subscribe to their email they will instantly send you a 15% off one item. So you will get the discount and the sick ass policy.

HEre go the boots:
REI

REI sign up:
REI EMAIL

REI POLICY:
REI policy [patriot]

[ January 11, 2007, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------

tonster
¯
Member # 6093

forgot to add, but when you buy your boots, most places have some sort of heating device for your boots. after you chose them, they heat them up for a little bit and you wear for 15 or so minutes to help them mold to the shape of your foot. its pretty important to get this done and places usually do this free of charge.
pumpkin notch
¯
Member # 5486

ok i just came back from REI and i picked a pair of 32's. They fit pretty good and were in my price range. With the 15% off i got them for $120. What do you guys think is this a pretty good brand boot?
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=48052100&parent_category_rn=4501600&vcat=REI_SSHP_SNOWBOARD_LD

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com