Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » BADASS DAY!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BADASS DAY!
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So we went wheelin again. We drove to the end of the river bed. Found more mining equipment and 4 more wrecked cars. Then we were sitting there watching the dirt bikes and quads ride the hill and a nice rig came down and was climbing the steps and then a bunch of Jeeps. One of the guys in a stock toy with lockers front and rear was an old friend of my GF and i decided to follow him and he took us to an area that had the craziest trail to get into! Then i followed him through a huge ditch the miners used but it was only 4 feet deep and 3-4 feet across but there was no away across it except through it. I've never done anything like that in my Jeep ever! On the other side there was a HUGE mine shaft a REAL one. The guy told us that hes only walked through 1/4 of it before his brand new batteries started to die out. There was some guy with a brand new Rubicon who was completely crazy and he was totally drunk driving around we followed them to that shaft and he drove his Jeep down into it basicly, he was nuts. He drove his jeep down a 6 feet rock face and up the other side the rearend grinded the whole way. The trails i followed the stock toy on was insane! They were way over grown, tress hitting the windsheild and everything. He took us to a hill climb called the Intimidator it was basicly a 75 degree hill climb with huge ruts, there was 5 windsheilds laying in a row next to the trees on the side. Walking down it was crazy.
Heres some pics, didn't take many this time i was too busy driving and trying not to roll my Jeep [Eek!]
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd like to add i almost rolled the Jeep, it was the scariest thing i have ever done and i felt my heart jump up my throat when we started going over but luckily it didn't go all the way

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the pick with the red truck looks like where we more or less drag the trailers up that hill and then park where your crossing the creek.
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
the pick with the red truck looks like where we more or less drag the trailers up that hill and then park where your crossing the creek.

LOL! What a way to ruin Dana's badass day thread. [Razz]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is that a coyote in the second pic?

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:

There is no creek up that trail, and theres no way you can drag a trailer up it.
You're probably talking about the area were its a road through the river bed.

[ January 08, 2007, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Some pics of the cars we found down there, theres also a V8 engine block laying in the river bed
 -
An old bronco
 -
no idea what kind of cars these are
 -
Looks like a Chevelle? i don't know

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Man you need to come with me I'll take you on some trails and get your jeep to do stuff you never thought it could. We will get that jeep to doing things its meant to do. And I'm not talking about crawling at the mall parking lot or playing around on little dirt roads either!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Man you need to come with me I'll take you on some trails and get your jeep to do stuff you never thought it could. We will get that jeep to doing things its meant to do. And I'm not talking about crawling at the mall parking lot or playing around on little dirt roads either!

i wouldn't even consider what we drove on dirt roads, but you should come up here definitely this coming weekend for the Winter Fun Fest. Its going to be crazy!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been up there for it and its WAY too crowded. Lots of nice rigs but just too many people. Can't even move its a parking lot everywhere! And the traffic to get outta there......HOLY SHIT!!!!

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
I've been up there for it and its WAY too crowded. Lots of nice rigs but just too many people. Can't even move its a parking lot everywhere! And the traffic to get outta there......HOLY SHIT!!!!

Yeah thats what i've heard, thats why i am just going to park my Jeep and watch. I was thinking about going up to the mine shaft again off a side road and maybe exploring that. I liked driving through that ditch, wish i had someone to take pics of me doing all the stuff we did.
Have you been up the Intimidator? i tried taking pics of it but they didn't turn out at all. They made it look like just a flat road almost but i was completely out of breath climbing up in on foot and the ruts in it were huge [Eek!]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

I haven't been up Intimdator but if is a trail that has been made before or is makeable then I can do it. My rig is basically a full width buggy with a jeep body. The only thing it doesn't do well on is narrow trails but I have the TJ for that so no biggie. Yah Winterfest is just way too crowded so I'm wheeling elsewhere. Its cool to just check out the rigs but if I were to go again I'd go on a bike so I can maneuver in and out of traffic rather then getting stuck in traffic for hours.

[ January 09, 2007, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
I haven't been up Intimdator but if is a trail that has been made before or is makeable then I can do it. My rig is basically a full width buggy with a jeep body. The only thing it doesn't do well on is narrow trails but I have the TJ for that so no biggie. Yah Winterfest is just way too crowded so I'm wheeling elsewhere. Its cool to just check out the rigs but if I were to go again I'd go on a bike so I can maneuver in and out of traffic rather then getting stuck in traffic for hours.

I might take my Jeep or the Quad. I'd have to drive the quad on the street for a couple of miles to get to the dirt roads down to the horn not sure i wanna risk that, i might get run over.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

JoHnNy SaVaGe
¯
Member # 6424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoHnNy SaVaGe  Ford pictures for JoHnNy SaVaGe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dang that place looks better and better everytime that you post up pics! I know I've asked b4 but how do you get there? I would love to go check that place out!

--------------------
SCARED MEN DON'T WIN

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Dana that Intimidator trail is a joke from what I hear!

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com