Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ticket for fog lamps...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ticket for fog lamps...
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i was out this weekend and my friend got pulled over in his 01 lightning. he got a ticket for...... driving with his fog lights ON.

24402. (a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height of not less than 16 inches nor more than 42 inches. Driving lamps are lamps designed for supplementing the upper beam from headlamps and may not be lighted with the lower beam.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what color were they?
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats the worlds dummest freaking ticket. What the hell is it harmming to have to fog lamps on? [Confused]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WTF?

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wtf [Confused]
i drive with mine on all the time and never get hasseled. are they aftermarket ones or did they come stock?

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow thats stupid, i drive with mine on all the time.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My sister got a ticket for one of those years ago. she took it to court and got off.
happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what was her argument in court?
Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll talk to her and get back to you
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was he driving with just his fogs on or with his head lights and fogs on? I have heard that you aren't allowed to drive with just your fogs on before.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its an all stock lightning with stock lights. the lowbeam headlights were on with the foglights.

--------------------
The anti-crew

89_302notch
¯
Member # 5906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_302notch  Ford pictures for 89_302notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They usally use those petty excuses to pull you over just to mess with you most police officers dont care but if they pull the petty lame fix it tickets or the lame 1 you got, they are just plain right out bored and some even admit to to using those excuses just to see if you have a license and insurrance. But yeah thats lame i could under stand high beams as a ticket but not fog lights. [BS flag] just my thoght and experince for driving in el cerrito those board ass bastards

[ January 07, 2007, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: 89_302notch ]

--------------------
1990 Midnight blue Ford Gt
1994 Z28 Camaro
Im going to miss my 89 notch and 85 gt

Posts: 90 | From: San Pablo Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

and they are regular white lights.

--------------------
The anti-crew

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89_302notch:
They usally use those petty excuses to pull you over just to mess with you most police officers dont care but if they pull the petty lame fix it tickets or the lame 1 you got, they are just plain right out bored and some even admit to to using those excuses just to see if you have a license and insurrance. But yeah thats lame i could under stand high beams as a ticket but not fog lights. [BS flag] just my thoght and experince for driving in el cerrito those board ass bastards

Telling you bro, this fools are out there chasing down criminals by pulling them over for the lamest excuses LOL What can you do? Next time they pull you over, hand over some donuts.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think they were mad because all the racing that was going on this week around u/c and hayward,lol. thats why they probably wanted to pull over anything that looks like a sports car/truck. there was a shit load of cars this weekend. too many

[ January 07, 2007, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Eddie306 ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
wow thats stupid, i drive with mine on all the time.

ya I think we all drive with our lights on.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ummm yeah that is completely ghey! My fogs come on WITH the headlights being turned on. I have no control over it. Could be my aftermarket headlights but shit they are DOT approved,...so they say.
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
eddie306: i heard sam's sat night had basically a mustang car show over there before the runs. i'm trying to keep my car outta big @$$ groups like that, especially with sherriffs around

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com