Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » [RANT] FOR CHRIST SAKE BE HONEST ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SELLING

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: [RANT] FOR CHRIST SAKE BE HONEST ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SELLING
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2 times I went and viewed cars only to find out they were salvaged title. And both of them were hella tight. The people tried to really dance around the subject of the title or all out lied. All I had to do was call the DMV and they told me the title status. But like they say "hindsight is 20/20".

But all in all I wasted hella gas. If you know your shit is salvaged just say so in the ad. Not directed at no one in particluar just wanted to rant a little bit.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, give me a call if you're interested in either of my 89's. The LAST thing I'll do is leave any info out for you to find out later.

Don

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks that poeple do that. I am always honest with what i sell but all i have is stock 98 CObra parts now and no one seems to want that stuff [Frown]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don I dont have your number....209-271-0983 But here is mine.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pm

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

I didnt get a PM from you or I erased on accident [dance]
loteqredneq
¯
Member # 6128

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for loteqredneq  Ford pictures for loteqredneq  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that shit is so annoying. i went to look at a dumbass clean laser red 95' cobra. ad said 7k. it was in perfect condition. i was on my way to the bank to take get my money. thank god the bank was closed before i could get my money b/c i carfaxed it the next day and wouldnt you know it, salvaged title. i left dude a disturbing message b/c he never mentioned the salvaged title and he never called back. dooshbag
GT302PONY
¯
Member # 6658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT302PONY  Ford pictures for GT302PONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i actually bought my first mustang with out a title the guy said it was clean title he said he lost the title when i went to register the car i didnt notice the registration but the pink slip came in the mail and it was salvaged that sucked because i bought the car cheap
Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I purchased my cobra I ran a carfax on it before I even made the 2hr drive to see the car. Told the seller when I called on the car I wanted the VIN to run a carfax to be sure it was a real cobra/ect and he was happy to give it to me, I ran the report and all was good on the car, went and saw it that same day and purchased it.

So if you don't want to waste time, maybe do what I did and ask for the vin before you see the car??

BTW - carfax won't always show the real life of a car, I had a 94 GT that should have been a total loss (it had been repaired before I purchased it but you could clearly see it was in a major accident once the hood was opened), but the title and carfax was clean.

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
all i have is stock 98 CObra parts now and no one seems to want that stuff [Frown]

U 4real???? Sh*t I need some stock parts [Big Grin]
let me know what u have...

--------------------
..Bottled Ls6 C4 In Progress..
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...
: RevengE Is ThE SweetesT MothA F@kN TastE!!!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!

When it comes to cars, or even parts... be honest about whet you are selling. I have bought and sold parts to people on this board with no issues at all... but lately that has not been the case!

We should have a thread just pertaining to buyer/sellers reputation to keep people from getting screwed over, or at least having some past knowledge of a person concerning past transactions.

Here is a few tips:

1. "Clean Title" means that it is NOT a salvage, and that you actually have the pink in hand, or in your name. Not some BS DMV forms for a lost title from the last 3 owners.

2. If you are selling a car, be up front about everything in your add... this way people won't waste your time, or theirs trying to get a straight answer.

3. Pictures sell cars! At least have some ready when you decide to post your add, or state in your add that you don't have access to a camera. Not everyone lives close to you, and some people on this board may live up to 3 hours from you. It really pisses people off to spend the time and gas money to drive 2 plus hours to find out that the car is a POS, and not as all as described.

I have pretty much given up on finding, or looking for a project car on this board. I know there have been a couple honest people who have sent me some really great cars to look at, but were just a little more than I wanted to invest at this time. I am usually not the type of person to talk shit on a board behind a screen name as a lot of people do here, but I am at the point now that I will have no problem posting negative feedback about a member on this site just to save the few honest people from going through the same BS.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by pharaoh:
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
all i have is stock 98 CObra parts now and no one seems to want that stuff [Frown]

U 4real???? Sh*t I need some stock parts [Big Grin]
let me know what u have...

What are you looking for? I have a K&N filter kit for a 98 Cobra, a gas tank, the coil packs, a full AC system, All the amps for the stereo, i don't even know what else its been sitting in boxes since we moved up here. OH wait i have a Cobra Transmission too i forgot about, might be blown we replace it cause it was whining so bad.
All parts have 14K miles

[ January 07, 2007, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The absolute worst is when the seller says the car is clean, and then you drive out there and the thing is a pile of hell. I hate it when my time gets wasted like that. Too bad though, it seems like being honest doesn't help in this world. I've heard of plenty of sales where the car simply wasn't even worth the money but it was sold anyway for the asking price.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nothing worst than driving a few a hours only to find the car has already been sold to hidnnos LOL. Bastard I will for ever remember that one. [Razz]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
The absolute worst is when the seller says the car is clean, and then you drive out there and the thing is a pile of hell.

That's always a good one! Beauty in the eye of the beholder??!??! [Confused]

Lems [Big Grin]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
Nothing worst than driving a few a hours only to find the car has already been sold to hidnnos LOL. Bastard I will for ever remember that one. [Razz]

Lol, I had NO FUCKING CLUE you were going as well. I'da been just as annoyed had you gotten it and I wasted my time. Well maybe not "as" annoyed, you were pretty bent, LMFAO, HAAAAAA! Lee was like, "ummm Sal's a little upset with whoever bought it, was it really you?"

Not to mention we both got our mothers to go with us, LMFAO [Big Grin]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com