Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I crashed the Jeep...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I crashed the Jeep...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So i am leaving for work and all of a sudden it starts hailing so hard the hood of my Jeep was covered in like a minute. It didn't start showing up on the driveway until i was at the bottom. When i got maybe 100 feet on the main road i had hail frozen to my windsheild. It looked like it had snowed everything was white with hail. The last turn before i got on the highway i took it too fast and then i did everything wrong. i slammed on the brakes and turned away from the slide. It was the first time i panicked in a slide. It was such a quick slide. Anyway i slide off the road and into the trees, luckily the Jeep slide through the mud and built up a huge mound of it so i stopped right when my fender touched the tree. There is no damage at all to the Jeep, except a stratch on my fender flare on hte passenger side [burnout] I couldn't get it out in 4wheeldrive so a guy drove by and said he would go get his towstrap and he came back with a friend that had a big Chevy and he pulled me right out. Heres the pics
 -
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well you didn't exactly crash you just lost control and went off the road. Chevy power!!!! You love Chevys now don't you!!!! When are you getting one?

[ January 05, 2007, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Well you didn't exactly crash you just lost control and went off the road. Chevy power!!!! You love Chevys now don't you!!!! When are you getting one?

haha no. I am sure me having it 4 wheel low and in reverse helped the Chevy pull me out [Wink] I had about 6 trucks ask me if i need a pull out but the one dude said he would be back so i told them i'd wait for him.

[ January 05, 2007, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You passed up 6 other offers just to wait for the dude to come back? You're crazy!!!! And you know you want a Chevy truck now. Time for you to get some arb's and lock the bitch up.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
You passed up 6 other offers just to wait for the dude to come back? You're crazy!!!! And you know you want a Chevy truck now. Time for you to get some arb's and lock the bitch up.

I am broke, can't afford that stuff. I was thinking of putting 4.10s front and rear though.
No i still want a F250 V10 Turbo Diesel lifted 12 inches with 38s. Or i'll take a Military Humvee.

This is GV where everyone is hella nice, i knew he'd come back.

[ January 05, 2007, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
quote:

I am broke, can't afford that stuff. I was thinking of putting 4.10s front and rear though.
No i still want a F250 V10 Turbo Diesel lifted 12 inches with 38s. Or i'll take a Military Humvee.

The Triton V10 is a 6.8L gasoline powered engine where as the Ford Powerstrokes are either 7.3L or 6.0L.

12"+38"s would like pretty gay Dana. You can easily clear 33"s with a leveling kit only. With my 6.5" lift you can clear 37"s easily as the original owner had 37"s on it before he sold it to me. Probably the best Superduty setup is to find an 03 7.3L and lift it with a Fab Tech or Donahoe Racing 8" lift and run 18" rims with 38" tires. That looks best overall in my opinion.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:

What gears do you have in it now? It can't be that boggy with your 5.0 can it? Are you still on stock axles? If you lift that ford 12 inches you better have bigger than 38s. Go with 42's.

Well where I'm from the dude would have came back with a flatbed tow truck, put my rig on his bed and never come back. I guess its not like that in GV.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

What gears do you have in it now? It can't be that boggy with your 5.0 can it? Are you still on stock axles? If you lift that ford 12 inches you better have bigger than 38s. Go with 42's.

Well where I'm from the dude would have came back with a flatbed tow truck, put my rig on his bed and never come back. I guess its not like that in GV.

I got 3.54s in it now. Stock axle in the front only. Mosers in the rear.

This is what i want
 -
but higher and bigger tires.

[ January 05, 2007, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is what i want
 -

Trying to compensate for something are we? [Big Grin]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is what i want
 -

Trying to compensate for something are we? [Big Grin]
NO i workout to make the rest of my body match [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

So i am not as lucky as i thought [Frown]
There is some kind of grinding nosie coming from somewhere in the front of my Jeep. It only makes the nosie when i turn left or go in a straight line and only if the Jeep is going over 5-10mph. It won't do it when i turn right. I have no idea where its coming from, its not louder with my window down. The Jeep is running badass, the transmission is working good and not making the noise from that. The only thing i can think of is the clutch cause when i got it out i noticed the clutch being hard to push in. [Frown]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SlowLS1
¯
Member # 6540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowLS1  Ford pictures for SlowLS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That shoulf bugg right out.

--------------------
11.77@118 1.64 60 foot N/A
10.86@128 1.64 60 Foot 125 shot

2001 Z28

Posts: 24 | From: Citrus heights | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is what i want
 -

I believe I know the guy that drives that truck. That particular truck is extremly GAY!

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Jackpine 5.0
¯
Member # 6349

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackpine 5.0  Ford pictures for Jackpine 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I know who Frank's talking about, and I must agree - GAY!

--------------------
Jackpine Crew
94 Toyota - Straight Axled on 37's
87 LX - goin' for 12's on stock motor (airbox to oil pan)

Posts: 55 | From: Shingle Springs, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

A truck can't be gay only people can. I don't see any rainbows on it and its not painted any weird ass colors.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Jackpine 5.0
¯
Member # 6349

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackpine 5.0  Ford pictures for Jackpine 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good one, lol

--------------------
Jackpine Crew
94 Toyota - Straight Axled on 37's
87 LX - goin' for 12's on stock motor (airbox to oil pan)

Posts: 55 | From: Shingle Springs, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
There is some kind of grinding nosie coming from somewhere in the front of my Jeep. It only makes the nosie when i turn left or go in a straight line and only if the Jeep is going over 5-10mph. It won't do it when i turn right. I have no idea where its coming from, its not louder with my window down. The Jeep is running badass, the transmission is working good and not making the noise from that. The only thing i can think of is the clutch cause when i got it out i noticed the clutch being hard to push in. [Frown]

It sounds like you may have a brake dust shield scraping against the rotor. Do you have disc brakes?

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
quote:

It sounds like you may have a brake dust shield scraping against the rotor. Do you have disc brakes?
yeah i do but it was nothing but the speedo cable loose making a funny noise.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]
Glad you found it!

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com