Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » regestration & smog??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: regestration & smog??
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car is regestered in Lake County where there is no smog restrictions. Can i still be messed with by cops for lack of smog equiptment if im driving in a different county with different laws? I know some of you guys are regestered in other smog exemped countys and drive the car in the bay.
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by illwill510:
My car is regestered in Lake County where there is no smog restrictions. Can i still be messed with by cops for lack of smog equiptment if im driving in a different county with different laws? I know some of you guys are regestered in other smog exemped countys and drive the car in the bay.

Smog laws are the same its just when and how you smog.They don't have bi anual smog but you have to smog when you sell,but they don't put them on rollers up there. So yeah they will still mess with you.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I had my 92 coupe I tried to register it through my cousin's address in Amador County and he informed me that they have in fact even stepped up to the rest of the state's standard for smog testing now.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
whyteLX5.0
¯
Member # 6023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyteLX5.0  Ford pictures for whyteLX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guy i know regestered it in sonora county and still hasnt smogged it yet.

[ January 04, 2007, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: whyteLX5.0 ]

Posts: 195 | From: Pittsburg/Antioch | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by whyteLX5.0:
guy i know regestered it in sonora county and still hasnt smogged it yet.

That would actually be Toloumne County. Sonora is in Toloumne County.
Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont plan on selling my car. I have no smog at all on it and would be screwed if i had to go to the referee.
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No matter where you live in CA, even if you dont have to have a smog inspection you still cant remove the smog equipment. If you get pulled over with all the smog removed from your car you can have the car towed. We just did TFS High ports and a Trick Flow R on my friends blown 331 Cobra. I put all the smog parts back on. They are a pain in the ass to work around but you wont gain much from removing everything and why chance getting the car taken away and big fines.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
93Cobra50
¯
Member # 4602

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Cobra50  Ford pictures for 93Cobra50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I live in a smog exempt area and im gonna fully take advantage of it. All the smog equipment is off. As long as I dont sell the car im cool.

--------------------
93 Cobra #915, Wont finish itself
95 GT Vert- For Sale
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel 4x4- Trade for 03 Cobra?
70 ElCamino PROJECT!

Posts: 269 | From: Santa Rosa CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93Cobra50:
I live in a smog exempt area and im gonna fully take advantage of it. All the smog equipment is off. As long as I dont sell the car im cool.

Or get pulled over by the CHP. Its no different,you just don't have bianual. You are just at risk being sent to a ref as the next guy no matter where you live in california.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

*BlueBeast88.306*
¯
Member # 6360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlueBeast88.306*  Ford pictures for *BlueBeast88.306*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The smog stuff dosen't draw that much anyway, I don't think it's worth it to remove it.
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Smog is easy just get a Nevada PLATE [Big Grin]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com