Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » fix it ticket

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: fix it ticket
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Early this morning I got one for an altered intake and luckily the officer didnt check under the car. I have to see a referee on the JLT. Should I take off the offroad x-pipe when I go to see the referee?

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes because they will do a full inspection since you got a modified smog ticket. they will put your car on the rollers and do a complete smog, so anything else you have on the car cept a cat back will have to be carb legal

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SlowLS1
¯
Member # 6540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowLS1  Ford pictures for SlowLS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LuvMy04GT:
Early this morning I got one for an altered intake and luckily the officer didnt check under the car. I have to see a referee on the JLT. Should I take off the offroad x-pipe when I go to see the referee?

Don't change a thing. When you get the ticket they will give you a option to pay a extra $155 and not go to the smog ref.

Im Kinda a pro at it.

--------------------
11.77@118 1.64 60 foot N/A
10.86@128 1.64 60 Foot 125 shot

2001 Z28

Posts: 24 | From: Citrus heights | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck that change it and take it in..a lil fix is alot better then a fat ticket trust me...and 155? from wha i hear ya u pay more but supposedly then ur car isnt suppoesd to be street legal or some shit..id jus fix it..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

SlowLS1
¯
Member # 6540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowLS1  Ford pictures for SlowLS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
fuck that change it and take it in..a lil fix is alot better then a fat ticket trust me...and 155? from wha i hear ya u pay more but supposedly then ur car isnt suppoesd to be street legal or some shit..id jus fix it..

Here is the letter I got in the mail, with the vehicle codes.
 -

--------------------

2001 Z28

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is that 3 violations? tinted windows and license plate cover or wedged between the dash and windshield like a ricer?
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the vehicle code cited on your ticket for the JLT intake?

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SlowLS1
¯
Member # 6540

quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
is that 3 violations? tinted windows and license plate cover or wedged between the dash and windshield like a ricer?

No front plate, tinted windows and the CHP couldnt tell what I had done, but he saw nitrous lines so I got a "Moddified smog emisions."

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:

27156. That should be the same code they gave you to.

[ December 27, 2006, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: SlowLS1 ]

--------------------

2001 Z28

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
206 with corrections...not bad...my speeding ticket was 220 alone thats including traffic school processing fee. ive paid the windows fix it ticket without correction...i like the look and was told by the traffic clerk thats its a minor ticket...not like seatbelt tickets. never got a ticket for the windows after that.
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Yep ls1 was right 27156(b). I also got 27150(a) for "Defective Exhaust" [Razz]
Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
SlowLS1
¯
Member # 6540

quote:
quote:

If its defective you should be able to take it back.

--------------------

2001 Z28

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowLS1:
quote:
quote:

If its defective you should be able to take it back.
lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah,i keep getting muffler tickets and just pay them.
F**K EM!

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com