Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2003 or 2004 Cobra - - - Hardtop or convertible

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2003 or 2004 Cobra - - - Hardtop or convertible
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you guys had the chance to buy a 2003 or 2004 Cobra, which of those years would you choose and why, also, would you choose a hardtop or convertible, and why?

I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to get rid of her 2003 Honda, but I want to know if there is a significant difference between those years, and also, trying to see the pros and cons between getting a hardtop or convertible. Thanks in advance for your input.

--------------------
1992 Geo Metro, Running 32's in the quarter-mile

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whichever has less miles and you want a hardtop.
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
04 Cobra coupe.. some 03s had a head problem, which was taken care of by 04 (people refer to it as the tick). i personally never really liked convertibles, and are prone to getting messed with (i.e. top getting cut up from jealous a$$holes) and the coupe has a more rigid body.. but whatever floats your boat.. good luck.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03-04.. either one. just check for the tick. mine was one of the first 03s around and did not have the tick. whichever one has the less mileage
i would get a coupe.. verts are fun and all, but you have to be a vert kinda person to really love them otherwise they get old quickly

--------------------
=(

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobra coupe!!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
Whichever has less miles and you want a hardtop.

Exactly [Big Grin]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2004 coupe orange

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want a drop top check this one out:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/251448395.html

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is a silver convertible cobra sitting in a dealer lot here in San Bruno, not sure what year but its an 03-04...black top, tinted windows, i saw it there lastnight, they also have an 05 Saleen, red, not sure of the other specs but its located on El Camino, across from Wendys, and next to a B of A, just thought u might want to go take a look at that one...i want it, but i want a black 03-04 Coupe!!!... [burnout]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on what ya do with the car.

Hardtop here and lovin it [Big Grin]

My buddy's got an 03 w/ a KB and a bunch of other mods if anyone is interested put down over 600rwhp.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a coupe! verts flexes more than the coupes.

--------------------
04 Cobra

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
04 Cobra coupe.. some 03s had a head problem, which was taken care of by 04 (people refer to it as the tick).

Sorry man.... that info is incorrect/innaccurate... ford did relase a slightly updated head later in the 03 run, but several 04's still are prone to getting the tick. The only real way to prevent it is getting the revised Jan 05 heads replaced either under warranty or out of pocket.

I have a 03 vert, and with the subframes and strut tower brace, I have little to no cowl shake. I love my cobra... I would have preferred a coupe, but this one was a steal that i couldnt pass up.

I say, drive both or take a ride in both. If you live close to me, I'll take ya for a spin. [burnout]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
04 Cobra coupe.. some 03s had a head problem, which was taken care of by 04 (people refer to it as the tick).

Sorry man.... that info is incorrect/innaccurate... ford did relase a slightly updated head later in the 03 run, but several 04's still are prone to getting the tick. The only real way to prevent it is getting the revised Jan 05 heads replaced either under warranty or out of pocket.

I have a 03 vert, and with the subframes and strut tower brace, I have little to no cowl shake. I love my cobra... I would have preferred a coupe, but this one was a steal that i couldnt pass up.

I say, drive both or take a ride in both. If you live close to me, I'll take ya for a spin. [burnout]

thanks for clearing that up, but i have never heard of an 04 with the head problem. can't go wrong with either though [patriot]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:

thanks for clearing that up, but i have never heard of an 04 with the head problem. can't go wrong with either though [patriot]
I just hope I didnt come across like a d*ck! I just wanted to get the info out there. Some guys that are out of warranty get bummed when they get the tick, I see it as a opportunity to upgrade!

That's true tho, cant go wrong either way! [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
98_No_Bra
¯
Member # 2351

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 98_No_Bra  Ford pictures for 98_No_Bra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your ins premiums first. I did'nt and am paying 200.00 a month for insurance. Go with the coupe with low miles. The tops start to bubble and look stupid plus it's a Cobra not a sissy fiat convertable.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com