Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » LASIK - eye surgery

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: LASIK - eye surgery
Midnight5.0
¯
Member # 597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midnight5.0  Ford pictures for Midnight5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone who is thinking about getting Laser Surgery, I would highly recommend it! I got in done Monday in the City and am already seeing 20/15. Amazing. It was traumatizing, take the medications they offer. And expensive, but well worth it....No contacts ever again!
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who did you go with? ive always been interested but didnt have the funds(thanks to the stang) and wasnt sure if they could fix my astigmatism

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are both your eyes good? I heard 90% of the time one eye is worse than it was before and you can't see at night at all and you need to get it redone and you need to pay for that redoing. My mom had this problem.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had it done 3 years ago when wavefront lasik was still new technology. I still see better than 20/20 in both eyes. Night vision is fine. When I had it done it was $4500 for the wavefront.
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had mine done in Feb. I went from 20/400 to 20/20 with no astigmatism. I paid $4200 for Wavefront. Night vision was a slight problem for the about the first 2 months (halos, double reflections), after that, no problems at all.
Midnight5.0
¯
Member # 597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midnight5.0  Ford pictures for Midnight5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My vision wasn't too bad, maybe 20/50 or 20/60. I went with Dr. Goodman in SF. He's a well known and very trustworthy person. He wouldn't have taken any chances to jeopardize my career. It was quite pricey though, each eye is $2650 I believe. The lights at night are the only things that aren't perfect yet.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was legally blind and couldn't even read the fuckin E on the chart without contacts or glasses. I paid $5100 at Stanford to get my Lasik done about 6 or 7 years ago. I went in and it took about 30 min. Then the next day I was seeing 20/21 out both eyes. Today I see 20/21 out of both eyes still. I do have to say driving at night is sometimes shitty. I see small hallows around the street lights and stop lights. Headlights from some reason don't bother me though.

For someone that love to go boarding and swimming and any other thing where glasses and contacts are a bother LASIK is the way to go. There are TONS of places doing Lasik now. Just check your doctors record. See how many proceedures they have done and how many complications they have had. When I went in my doctor had done over 100,000 proceedures with only one major complicatoin. I felt comfortable with that. Plus I was at Stanford so you can't really go wrong there either.

Good luck [patriot]

[ December 14, 2006, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had mine done in 97 when it was still REALLY new, and I still have 20/15 vision. I was 20/2200 to start with.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
I had mine done in Feb. I went from 20/400 to 20/20 with no astigmatism. I paid $4200 for Wavefront. Night vision was a slight problem for the about the first 2 months (halos, double reflections), after that, no problems at all.

holy shit dude i didnt think anyone has eyes as bad as my ex... she had 20/400 as well. I feel for u b4 ur opp lol. Im gonna email here this link, shes been considering, ive even offered to pay... but shes scared bout the actual proceedure. All good info, plz post, maybe itll help her [patriot]

edit ^^^20/2200 [Eek!]

[ December 14, 2006, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: bottled02GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dam i thought my eye sight was 180/200 or something like that but i dont know if that makes sense its been a while since i have ordered more contacts , but dang i didnt realize how expensive the procedure was i guess its gonna be awhile til i get mine done
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
BIG KEITH
¯
Member # 6523

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for BIG KEITH  Ford pictures for BIG KEITH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am Big Keith's girl friend and I work for a lasik eye surgery center in Mountain View. We offer five different procedures from lasik to wavefront. I had the surgery 5 years ago and I see 20/10 with no night vision problems!!! I would definently suggest this for anyone who is a candidate. We offer financing for up to 5 years. I am able to get a free consult for anyone and also a discounts on the procedure itself. E-mail me if you are interested at melissap@lasik2020.com.

--------------------
95Gt blown & stroked
2013 Gt gotta have it green..married 12/4/12 lol
06 harley road glide
STALLIONS CC OG 2001

SN Roush
¯
Member # 5234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SN Roush  Ford pictures for SN Roush  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I drove my step-dad to have his surgery in SF in '98, everything went great and his vision improved dramatically.

2 months ago out of nowhere he woke up blind in one eye and ended up having emergency surgery at UCSF to repair a randomly detached retina. They had to remove his eye, re-attach the retina using lasers, band his eye and place a gas bubble behind it to allow it to properly heal.

8 years has passed since his Lasik surgery. I know the procedure has been going on for 15 years successfully; to say that it’s related would be jumping to conclusions. Lasik has increased in popularity tremendously over the last few years. I hope that incidences like this don’t become a trend.

As for my step-dad, his vision in that eye has returned about %30, and has been improving as time passes. It was a painful and traumatic experience...

Posts: 194 | From: mateo / woodland hills | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So from my question before, is it possible to get this done if you have astigmatism? i was told it is not possible cuz the eye is always changing. [Confused]

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been looking into it for a while now and just saving up some extra cash.

I do believe they have procedures now that can be done w/ an astigmatism.

Try pm'ing Big Keith's lady for more info since she seems to be "in the know" on this kinda stuff.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
So from my question before, is it possible to get this done if you have astigmatism? i was told it is not possible cuz the eye is always changing. [Confused]

Go in for a consultation, I went to doctor who was recommended by my regular eye doctor. That's a good place to start.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
Are both your eyes good? I heard 90% of the time one eye is worse than it was before and you can't see at night at all and you need to get it redone and you need to pay for that redoing. My mom had this problem.

Not true Dana, the success rate is truly astounding for these types of surgeries. Sorry to hear about your mom's case, but if the successful rate were low, the surgery would not be this popular

[ December 19, 2006, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com