Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » video of my senior project. What you guys think?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: video of my senior project. What you guys think?
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well guys wish me luck we present this friday and NO MORE SCHOOL! Here is the video we are going to show at the end of our presentation.

Its a downhill mountain bike for people with disabalities
 -

Here is the link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAvwPQVntBU

Let me know what you guys think?

oh ya and well wile we were testing I saw some water [Big Grin] http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/NavidR/?action=view¤t=funDAY_0001.flv

[ December 13, 2006, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: NavidR ]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's pretty cool [Big Grin] What kind of shocks are those?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks pretty sweet! Did you consult anyone with disabilities and have them try it out or give you some forethought on it? What disabilities were you aming this for as a lot of people with disabilities lack trunk control. So it can only go downhill as there are no hand cycle controls, correct?

[ December 13, 2006, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: FoX GT ]

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoX GT:
Looks pretty sweet! Did you consult anyone with disabilities and have them try it out or give you some forethought on it? What disabilities were you aming this for as a lot of people with disabilities lack trunk control. So it can only go downhill as there are no hand cycle controls, correct?

bro one of our group member is disabled and thats why we designed it. This bike is a down hill only and this was due to time constraint. We do have a hand cycle systm designed that we will build after school is done!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tight man, good luck with everything!

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] good luck

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD
yup that's my stang in da pic

Posts: 533 | From: san Jose, CA. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats amazing man, I commend you guys! One of my best friends recently became disabled and its great to see things like this.

perfect song also!

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very Nice! Great cause [worship]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that is clean..jus curious though..how it get back up the hill?

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great concept. Aswesome Job

ya i bet with more time you guys can add a lawnmower engine and maybe a motorcycle steering wheel to control the steering and gas throttle.

Beef up the tires and rims for off road and heck you guys might have a product that you can market and sell to the disabled people.

Definetly a fun toy for the disabled and a very thoughtful creation

Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
that is clean..jus curious though..how it get back up the hill?

if you look at the video thats what the quad is used for... [Big Grin]

[ December 14, 2006, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: NavidR ]

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

quote:
Originally posted by TuxMask-Andy:
Great concept. Aswesome Job

ya i bet with more time you guys can add a lawnmower engine and maybe a motorcycle steering wheel to control the steering and gas throttle.

Beef up the tires and rims for off road and heck you guys might have a product that you can market and sell to the disabled people.

Definetly a fun toy for the disabled and a very thoughtful creation

ya bro we thought about that already and even found a spot that we can mount it Well see what happens.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool project!!
what degree are you going to be graduating with?

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats an awsome lookin set of wheels u got there and of course for the cause...hope everythgin works out...i'm gonna go check out the video...good luck...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like you need some "Tuff wheel 2's". I used to have them on my Hutch Trickstar when I was into BMX Freestyle when I was 14. They are basically plastic rims which can handle greater side loads/resistance so that you won't bend the spoke when going high speed down hills. Also, looks like Sac state. I went there and majored in Computer Engineering. We built a micromouse and came in first place in a competition at Chico state. We won $1000 for first place. Anyway looks cool!

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
cool project!!
what degree are you going to be graduating with?

BS in Mechanical Engineering, Minor in Mathmatics and physics. I'll never use my degree, but Its good to have one just in case.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5

CMELEVU
¯
Member # 2563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CMELEVU  Ford pictures for CMELEVU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah it looks cool. but for down hill maybe bring the handle bars back a little, so that the person isnt putting all their weight over the front wheels. just a thought. but it looks good.
Posts: 201 | From: Marysville | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com