Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Concept mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Concept mustang
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This thing is pritty bad ass, I hope they will actually build it.

http://autos.yahoo.com/pitstop/article/laautoshow061201_07.html?spec=laautoshow

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its ok . ..

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD
yup that's my stang in da pic

Posts: 533 | From: san Jose, CA. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's OK - but it looks to "foregin" for my tastes. I don't care that he's designed Farraris, Lambos, or whatever - it just doesn't look like an american car, much less american muscle. American muscle should be designed by americans... not Italians IMHO. To each their own I guess.

--------------------
Mark K...

| 2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 89GT |

Posts: 180 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sn8k:
It's OK - but it looks to "foregin" for my tastes. I don't care that he's designed Farraris, Lambos, or whatever - it just doesn't look like an american car, much less american muscle. American muscle should be designed by americans... not Italians IMHO. To each their own I guess.

That's a pretty ignorant remark...You'd be supprised at how many of your "American designed cars" that are actually American designed..Ever heard of Hau Thai-Tang??...Well, he's Fords SVT Chief to give you a clue...

I know what you're saying though, but you have to understand a lot of those Ferrari's and Lamorghini's were designed with performance in mind and not as much for looks...

Look at how far back the cabin area is on that new Mustang, could we actually have a 50/50 weight distributed Mustang chassis??????....I only hope so.... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
quote:

That's a pretty ignorant remark...You'd be supprised at how many of your "American designed cars" that are actually American designed..Ever heard of Hau Thai-Tang??...Well, he's Fords SVT Chief to give you a clue...

I know what you're saying though, but you have to understand a lot of those Ferrari's and Lamorghini's were designed with performance in mind and not as much for looks...

Look at how far back the cabin area is on that new Mustang, could we actually have a 50/50 weight distributed Mustang chassis??????....I only hope so.... [patriot]

names arent everything, my last name is Lopez, does me designing something mean that that design is a latin design, even though i was born here in the states? i think not.... i agree with snk8 it does look foreign (sp?) not a fan of Lambo doors truth be told. But i do have the same hope as u, a 50/50 weight distribution would be nice. [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the color helps.

I saw another one with a black stripe down the center of the hood.

overall, good! [patriot]
http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=027801

[ December 08, 2006, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: morespeed ]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
wikaweez
¯
Member # 7171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wikaweez  Ford pictures for wikaweez    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its kool

[ December 08, 2006, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: wikaweez ]

Posts: 108 | From: From Da Bay to SAC/Elk G. | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled02GT??:
quote:
quote:

names arent everything, my last name is Lopez, does me designing something mean that that design is a latin design, even though i was born here in the states? i think not.... i agree with snk8 it does look foreign (sp?) not a fan of Lambo doors truth be told. But i do have the same hope as u, a 50/50 weight distribution would be nice. [patriot]
I think you're looking into things a little too far..I never said names were anything, but Hau Thai was born in Vietnam....I'm only trying to make the point of how suprised you might be if you knew how many of Ford's cars were designed by "non Americans"...

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Btw~What do you guys think of the A/C Cobra?...That's acutally a British chassis...How about the Pantera with the 351ci????...That's what, Italian?... [Wink]

--------------------

sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
That's a pretty ignorant remark...

Your opinon sir... feel free to back it up with your wallet - just like I will IF this car makes it to production. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Mark K...

sn8k
¯
Member # 574

quote:
I think you're looking into things a little too far..I never said names were anything, but Hau Thai was born in Vietnam....I'm only trying to make the point of how suprised you might be if you knew how many of Ford's cars were designed by "non Americans"...

Point well taken - but I'm not really concerned with any of Fords other cars... just the Mustang. They want to use that design on another vehicle model that's cool by me. But I think I speak for a large amount of mustang enthusists when I say that a Mustang means more then just an emblem on the side of the fender. It's about tradition, it's about an inexpensive performace car for the working man, it's about as American as apple pie, and it's about upholding that as long as the line is manufactured. Along those lines... who could be better qualified to breath that life into that then a home boy. I just feel that you have to live the american dream to truely know what it's like to think like an american. I don't care what nationality you are... but being born and rasied in the states goes a long way to know what it takes to keep tradition alive. You don't learn it in a book - you have to live it.

In a nutshell, I agree that the prototype is cool looking... it just isn't a Mustang. It embodies nothing that makes a Mustang what it is, or meant to be.

BTW: The ass end of the car is hedious LOL
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/12100/giugiaro-ford-mustang-concept-interior-and-powertrain-page2.html

[ December 08, 2006, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: sn8k ]

--------------------
Mark K...

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not crazy about it either. Looks wierd, and too boxy, kinda like the new camaro. Going boxy to do the retro is cool, but when changing the design again, either keep it simalar, or go back in the direction of being more aerodynamic.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its the 07 camaro [Eek!]

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
black out the tailights and or spray the whole rear body panel flat black.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guigiaro Mustang is alright. Not my cup of tea. But, it does have it's unique taste for sure. For the record, I wish more concept cars used suicide doors. THOSE NEED TO BE BROUGHT THE FUCK BACK! imo...my .02 whatever the fuck you wanna call it.

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/12100/giugiaro-ford-mustang-concept-interior-and-powertrain-page2.html

Holy S*** I fully 2nd that opinion... that rear, WTF *shakes head in shame*

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

In a nutshell, I agree that the prototype is cool looking... it just isn't a Mustang. It embodies nothing that makes a Mustang what it is, or meant to be.

i think you summed it up perfectly right there. i mean the car isn't all that bad looking, but the fact that it has the mustang name slapped on it, yet it has nothing "mustang" about it, just makes it seem wrong.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com