Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » $200 off on Xbox360 premium!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: $200 off on Xbox360 premium!!
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just picked up an Xbox360 at Micro Center for my nephew today and got $200 off! There is a $100 mail in rebate and if you get their credit card you get another $100 off your first purchase of anything in the store that is $399 and up. The deal is good through Dec 31st.

Rebate form is here...
http://microcenter.com/rebates/product_list.phtml?vendor=50947

Looks like they rotate the link start here and click on Microsoft (console).
http://microcenter.com/rebates/rebate_center.phtml

Apply for the credit card in the store.

[ December 29, 2006, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great info... Its going to be a hard choice.. PS3 is here now.. in a month I might be able to buy one.. I think blue-ray is the way to go.. well worth the money if they cann get the games up to par.. damn damn..

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ December 10, 2006, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Not to bad mouth you but why do a lot of people think BluRay is the way to go? I give BluRay one advantage and that is for the PC market as it has more space. For movies HD-DVD is out selling BluRay almost 3 to 1 not to mention it has superior video quality due to the fact the BR movies use the same compression technology as DVD's which is very old? HD-DVD uses a new compression standard which yields better video quality. I had to educate some of the idiots at Best Buy as they don't seem to know shit about what they are selling. Just search for any BluRay vs. HD-DVD article, I haven't seen one that didn't say HD-DVD has better video quality.

[ December 10, 2006, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I clicked on the link and no worky. I'm thinking of getting one if this deal is still alive.

I can't see how they can still be in business with those mail-in rebates!

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
Not to bad mouth you but why do a lot of people think BluRay is the way to go? I give BluRay one advantage and that is for the PC market as it has more space. For movies HD-DVD is out selling BluRay almost 3 to 1 not to mention it has superior video quality due to the fact the BR movies use the same compression technology as DVD's which is very old? HD-DVD uses a new compression standard which yields better video quality. I had to educate some of the idiots at Best Buy as they don't seem to know shit about what they are selling. Just search for any BluRay vs. HD-DVD article, I haven't seen one that didn't say HD-DVD has better video quality.

that's how it used to be but blu-ray spec's now include support for MPEG4 AVC, and M$ VC-1, making it have the same quality as HD-DVD, and having much higher capacity.
Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:

that's how it used to be but blu-ray spec's now include support for MPEG4 AVC, and M$ VC-1, making it have the same quality as HD-DVD, and having much higher capacity.
where did you read that?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bad link [Confused]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

quote:
quote:

But for some reason 90% of the movies are still only using MPEG4 for BluRay. What I don't understand is why Sony Movie Studios is using old MPEG2 for BR movies????

Make your own choice, plenty to read here... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=114 Everyone that owns both BluRay and HD-DVD pick HD-DVD as their choice.

[ December 28, 2006, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: TrueBlue ]

--------------------
KB '01 GT

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah fuck it I went to Costco and bought the bundle for $510.02 for their warranty..
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
quote:

where did you read that?
C|net article

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

One other tid-bit there is a software hack for the Xbox360's HD-DVD drive which will allow it to work on any PC as well.

--------------------
KB '01 GT

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com