Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Where to get a custom aliment??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to get a custom aliment??
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like the topic says anyone know a good place?

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn it cant rember the name of the place in castro valley off of center, its a blue building, the deal with race cars from from drag to roadracing, i wanna say the name roger may be involved
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ace tire in martinez, ask for mark, tell em bill sent ya
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95whitegt:
damn it cant rember the name of the place in castro valley off of center, its a blue building, the deal with race cars from from drag to roadracing, i wanna say the name roger may be involved

Rodger Crowse Racing I think. (I probably butchered the spelling of his last name.)

I used Custom Alignment in Mountain View for my SN-95 when I had it. They were the only shop I went to that could get that car to drive straight.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
Custom Alignment in Mountain View for my SN-95 when I had it. They were the only shop I went to that could get that car to drive straight.

Jesse [/QB]

I used these guys. I was a little disappointed, my car still pulls to one side, and they charged me for stuff that I had asked them not to do. Other than that, I have decently even tire wear.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Custom Alignment in Mountain View for my SN-95 when I had it. They were the only shop I went to that could get that car to drive straight.

Jesse

I used these guys. I was a little disappointed, my car still pulls to one side, and they charged me for stuff that I had asked them not to do. Other than that, I have decently even tire wear. [/QB]
how about taking it back and getting them to fix it. Their work ethic is impeccable, in my experience at least.. This was back in the day, when i had the 03 and they were installing rear bushings on my car... well.. some guy with a major attitude walked in from the street and said he had just purchased a car that had had some work done there a while back with the previous owner and the car was not driving well.
This guy was being a Jerk... I loved how Joe(owner) told him to relax or take his attitude elsewhere and then eventually after having the a-hole apologize profusely, opted to take care of him...
Now, that is customer service [patriot]

--------------------
=(

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
how about taking it back and getting them to fix it. Their work ethic is impeccable, in my experience at least.. This was back in the day, when i had the 03 and they were installing rear bushings on my car... well.. some guy with a major attitude walked in from the street and said he had just purchased a car that had had some work done there a while back with the previous owner and the car was not driving well.
This guy was being a Jerk... I loved how Joe(owner) told him to relax or take his attitude elsewhere and then eventually after having the a-hole apologize profusely, opted to take care of him...

Really? They had told me that it was going to be a little off.. I was in a hurry that day so I didn't really even stay and try to talk. My other problem that kind of bothered me was I had 3 broken wheel studs, 2 on the driver's (just broke the morning I was on my way there), 1 on the passenger. I told them I was really short on funds, so I asked them to replace 2 on the driver's side with some Morosos.. well, they ended up doing all 3 and charging me for them. It wasn't that they were rude or anything, I just wished they would have okayed it with me before doing the rest of the work.

All that aside, I went there because a bunch of my friends recommended it.

--------------------
94 GT

First Place Performance
¯
Member # 6277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Place Performance  Ford pictures for First Place Performance  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ken's tire in Livermore. They are on Vasco Rd. behind the Shell station. Ask for Ken.

--------------------
First Place Performance, LTD.
www.fppauto.com
Your One Stop Shop For EVERYTHING Automotive!

Posts: 66 | From: Patterson, CA or Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:

Really? They had told me that it was going to be a little off.. I was in a hurry that day so I didn't really even stay and try to talk. My other problem that kind of bothered me was I had 3 broken wheel studs, 2 on the driver's (just broke the morning I was on my way there), 1 on the passenger. I told them I was really short on funds, so I asked them to replace 2 on the driver's side with some Morosos.. well, they ended up doing all 3 and charging me for them. It wasn't that they were rude or anything, I just wished they would have okayed it with me before doing the rest of the work.

All that aside, I went there because a bunch of my friends recommended it.

i would call them, be polite and see if they can help you out. I can totally understand why you'd be upset about the wheel studS? did you complain? i dont' think it's fair that you paid for 3 if you asked for too. i'm surprise the shop didn't compromise a bit.
Anyhow.. try giving them a call, if they'll fix it under warranty then take it back. otherwise take it to one of the hundreds of shops that offer a year-2 year warranty and get it done there. the prices are all comparable.
Good luck.

--------------------
=(

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95whitegt:

Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley is what you're referring to. They deal alot with corvettes and road racing/auto-crossing suspension setup. My brother just got his C6 aligned there a couple of months ago, excellent service.

Custom Alignment also does custom alignment jobs and they are reputable as well.

Both places are pricey and offer awesome customer service from my experience. Expect to pay about $120-160 for either place.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well you answered your question in your question [Big Grin]

Go to Custom Allignment in Mountain View.Hands down the best in the buisness [patriot]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Jesse

I used these guys. I was a little disappointed, my car still pulls to one side [/QB]
Tires can make your car pull too. Swap your tires from side to side and see if the pull changes or goes away. I had a rear tire cause a pull once too but thats really rare.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Tires can make your car pull too. Swap your tires from side to side and see if the pull changes or goes away. I had a rear tire cause a pull once too but thats really rare.

They recommended brand new tires before alignment, so I bought my tires and the next day went and got it done. It pulled right after it was done.. I actually haven't noticed if it still does since I got used to it. Hmm, thinkin back, maybe that's why my studs snapped, those fools at the tire shop probably didn't use a torque wrench. Anyhow, since everybody else seems to have good things to say about them, I guess I'll give them another chance the next time I need an alignment done. [patriot]

Btw, the price was about $150 for an alignment in case the poster was wondering.

--------------------
94 GT

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com