Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need insurance for my Fox based on appraised value

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need insurance for my Fox based on appraised value
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok guys, I am having trouble finding someone to cover my fox for the value it is actually worth. I just got a 10k paint job plus all the other mods, it isn't worth the 6k tops they say it is. Pics of my car here: http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=027707;p=&r=nfx

Anyone know of an insurance company that can insure my 91 Fox for an appraised value. I am not having luck, since most "collector car" insurance companies won't deal with a car this new.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have called every insurance company I could find with no luck either. Apparently you have to go someplace like Lloyd's of London and it will be expensive.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There an insurance company called Grundy Insurance, Grundy , which will cover your car at agreed value. I recently had my coupe covered for $30K, and it's going to be $457 a year. However, you have to own a different vehicle for transportation and everyone else that lives in your househould has to have a vehicle. In addition, you can only use the car for car shows, and nice days, but not for running errands, going to the movies, etc.. They will ask for you to send pictures of the vehicle and your garage. If they ask you if you were referred let me know so I can give you my information [Big Grin]
Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try online find a broker they usually have many diffrent companies to choose from and will do the work for you but you will have to pay a broker fee so looking online yourself is a good option idk if farmers does that or not we have had people with classic cars give us a copy of the appraised value and farmers insure it for that but that was 3 yrs ago I can look into it for you if you want w farmers but if you have a bad driving record and are young probably not gonna be reasonable pricing but lmk [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

wikaweez
¯
Member # 7171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wikaweez  Ford pictures for wikaweez    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can use progressive/State Farm/21 Century and pay an additional fee for the modifications done to the car w/proof of receipts. This is normally the insurance standard used to cover the vehicle other than stock form.
Posts: 108 | From: From Da Bay to SAC/Elk G. | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Beasty5.0:
There an insurance company called Grundy Insurance, Grundy , which will cover your car at agreed value. I recently had my coupe covered for $30K, and it's going to be $457 a year. However, you have to own a different vehicle for transportation and everyone else that lives in your househould has to have a vehicle. In addition, you can only use the car for car shows, and nice days, but not for running errands, going to the movies, etc.. They will ask for you to send pictures of the vehicle and your garage. If they ask you if you were referred let me know so I can give you my information [Big Grin]

i use this company also. since i really dont drive my cars to work or to do errands this insurance worked out perfectly.
im paying $350 to insure both my 92 and 94 with 100/300 full coverage.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use Grundy as well. I pay about $750 for all three Mustangs. Can't use it as a daily driver.

--------------------
1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
grundy is the way to go for custo car insurance i have a 140k show truck insured they know whats up!

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
progressive lets you add in value for investment.

my 5.0 has a book value of 2500 with them, so I have an added in value of 2500, so if it gets totaled I'll get $5k minus my deductable.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys. I have allstate and they are lame when it comes to mods. It is all good if you have a stocker, otherwise it sucks.

I will have to call these guys since I don't have enough cars personally anymore.

I recently opened. Lathrop Auto Sales. So I mostly drive cars in my inventory. I will have to check with them if that counts. Oh yeah, if you need ANY car I can find it. Very low mark up for fellow Stangers.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com