Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Went 4wheeling these past few weekends, lots of pics (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Went 4wheeling these past few weekends, lots of pics
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went to Hollister this past 2 weekend with a few peeps and had a blast. This is how us rednecks roll!

Group shot on the way to Jungle
 -
Almost flopped it on its side going down Tank Trap. People power kept it from tipping.
 -
Mud Pit
 -
Going up Tank Trap
 -
Group shot near Jungle and Creek
 -

-
Truck stuck and trying to winch it out with 3 rigs.
 -
Rear shot of truck
 -

[ November 13, 2006, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Front tire of truck unbeaded

-
Tried to pull truck out backwards with truck running in reverse. Broke the winch cable so decided to try a strap. Truck killed the motor and broke both unjoints in front axle (built dana 60) and the blue Bronco pulling it broke its front axle, built Ford 9 inch. After this we said fuck it and just left him there. LOL. But we tried for 1.5 hours!
 -
4runner getting a lil tippy
 -
4runner almost over! WTF is holding it up! He drove out of this on his own power too!
 -
Another 4runner that didn't have very good luck. Flipping me off too.
 -
Same 4runner getting winched by 2 other rigs. Lots of spectators start to gather.
 -
The 4runner carnage
 -
Nice looking Jeep buggy father and son. Driver built it completely by himself.
 -

[ November 13, 2006, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice pics. i love that XJ buggy!!! it's been way too long since i've been wheelin [Frown]
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice shots of tank trap [Big Grin]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks awesome. I think Next weekend i will go wheelin up here i am just worried on how am i going to get back up the trail. One of the ruts is super deep i can just imagine my Jeep getting stuck right there and then rolling over the cliff.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great pics...Just shows that you really have to be prepared to go hard core wheelin' like that...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Yah it was a lot of fun. This weekend was super wet and muddy. Too muddy! Rigs were sliding everywhere and there was a few more that flopped over. If any of you are familiar with Truck Hill its cake when dry but when wet its impossible. A 4runner tried it, got out of control and rolled a bunch of times. They were shaken up pretty good.

It was a blast getting this virgin out there in his brand new Rubicon with a RE 4.5 super flex kit and 35 SSR's. Was funny to watch him sweat and shake the whole time. He stopped a few times and asked me to drive his rig out of some places LOL! After doing Jungle he had enough and had to park it. His hands were still shaking 1 hour later! hahahahahahahha. So good ole me brought him to the easy trail named Tank Trap (hehehehehehe) and told him that I'd spot him the whole way through it. LMAO! He said "FUCK THATTTTTTT!!!!!!" He had a crowd around him when doing Frame Twister and when he got stuck people were laughing at him. Always fun to wheel with virgins!

--------------------

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dam i have never been before but it looks like im really missing out , so ima have to start hittin people up to see if i can bum a ride [Big Grin]
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man now I wanna get the Baja running

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Yah it was a lot of fun. This weekend was super wet and muddy. Too muddy! Rigs were sliding everywhere and there was a few more that flopped over. If any of you are familiar with Truck Hill its cake when dry but when wet its impossible. A 4runner tried it, got out of control and rolled a bunch of times. They were shaken up pretty good.

It was a blast getting this virgin out there in his brand new Rubicon with a RE 4.5 super flex kit and 35 SSR's. Was funny to watch him sweat and shake the whole time. He stopped a few times and asked me to drive his rig out of some places LOL! After doing Jungle he had enough and had to park it. His hands were still shaking 1 hour later! hahahahahahahha. So good ole me brought him to the easy trail named Tank Trap (hehehehehehe) and told him that I'd spot him the whole way through it. LMAO! He said "FUCK THATTTTTTT!!!!!!" He had a crowd around him when doing Frame Twister and when he got stuck people were laughing at him. Always fun to wheel with virgins!

I think everytime i've been to Hollister someone rolls down truck hill. I heard they got rid of the ruts and stuff and made it easy though.

I was watching Most Wildest Videos on Spike and it was a video of some truck flipping down Truck Hill. The guy filming it screamed like a girl he thought his friends were dead, i guess he doesn't know what a roll bar is for.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like a great day with a group of friends [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
I think everytime i've been to Hollister someone rolls down truck hill. I heard they got rid of the ruts and stuff and made it easy though.

I was watching Most Wildest Videos on Spike and it was a video of some truck flipping down Truck Hill. The guy filming it screamed like a girl he thought his friends were dead, i guess he doesn't know what a roll bar is for.

Why would you come all the way down to Hollister? Thought there were a ton of places to wheel closer to you that are a hell of a lot better. Don't get me wrong, hollister is great because at least we get something close and legal. My biggest complaint is getting constantly owned by the poison oak either dirt biking or wheeling [Mad]

--------------------
94 GT

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice Pics. Looks like you guys had fun. I went and ran Fordyce on Saturday heres a few pics.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Snow wheelin [worship]

--------------------
94 GT

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Nice pics! I have a few snow trips planned this winter. Maybe we can hit the trails???? I'll bring the lil TJ. If I can get a 2 car trailer I'll bring up the 1 ton CJ too! Let me know when you plan to go next! I'm setting things up for some time in December or even late November.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

oh BTW, I've seen a ton of people roll on Truck Hill. Its not that bad of a trail as long as conditions are right. But if its wet forget it. They had big ruts down the left side of it but its filled in now to where the ruts are barely noticeable.

And yep Poison Oak in Hollister fo sho! I'm always in pants and long sleeve shirts when I go there, even in the summer! Poison Oak sucks!

--------------------

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

quote:
And yep Poison Oak in Hollister fo sho! I'm always in pants and long sleeve shirts when I go there, even in the summer! Poison Oak sucks!

Don't forget the dust that will stick to your dash in layers. I usually just keep my dirt bike goggles on and I'm good [Big Grin]

--------------------
94 GT

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those are some great pics
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:

Don't forget the dust that will stick to your dash in layers. I usually just keep my dirt bike goggles on and I'm good [Big Grin]
Yah no kidding. I'm still finding hollister dust turned to cement on my rig a year later! I don't usually go when its wet but I decided to this time because a bunch of friends had it scheduled. This mud turns to concrete!

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Here's the infamous Truck Hill and a lil Jeep taking a tumble.

Right click and save as

http://www.tpijeep.com/video/hollisterroll.mpg

--------------------

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wnat to get a toyota 4x4 know of any sites local besides pirate 4x4 toyota terriotry and craigslist$$$$$$
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll give you an 88 regular cab Toyota roller for free if you are interested. No powertrain, steering box, or engine wiring, but perfect for a V6-V8 conversion and full size axles. Hell, I'll even trailer it over to your place for free!
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

if he doesn't want it let me know I'll take it. Do you have any pics?

--------------------

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can get some tomorrow if it isn't dark.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com