Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » AAA towing question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: AAA towing question
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I buy someones car that is 100 miles or less from my house and I have the 100 mile tow service...I can have AAA tow it home right? I know that is a dumb question but last time I told AAA to tow a car I totalled they said no and took it to the nearest tow yard.
LIL MZ MISCHEIF
¯
Member # 5585

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LIL MZ MISCHEIF  Ford pictures for LIL MZ MISCHEIF    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
only if u have a plus membership... with the classic membership is 5 miles or less

--------------------
2009 Ford Fusion
03 XR-50
www.myspace.com/joeymuthafuckinramos[/URL] www.girlsfmx.com

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WELL IN MY 10 YEARS OF DRIVING FOR AUTO GUARDIAN (AAA)WE WILL TAKE ANYONE WITH A PLUS CARD (100 MILE TOW)ANYWHERE THEY WANTED THAT WAS EVEN IF THE CAR WAS IN ACCIDENT YOU WONT ALWAYS BE NEAR YOUR HOME IN AN ACCIDENT HOPE THAT WORKS

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks... [patriot]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have the plus membership and they tell you no on towing it less than 100 miles then i would call AAA and demand all your money back.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you're not on a plus membership you can upgrade your membership as long as you havent used a tow in the past year. i had to wait several months before upgrading.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
9COBRA8 used his AAA to tow my car to someone elses house before no problem...He just had to be there with his ID, but it was my car not even his and to another house not his either..

I would take 1968 fastback's advise.... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I have AAA Plus so I'm good. Thanks for the heads up.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
9COBRA8 used his AAA to tow my car to someone elses house before no problem...He just had to be there with his ID, but it was my car not even his and to another house not his either..

I would take 1968 fastback's advise.... [patriot]

Yeah.. last year i towed i had my friends car towed to his house from infineon... they didn't say anythign about it.
This year.. my mom had an accident and totalled her car and she had the car towed home first.. and towed to a body shop the day after.
In other words. I you have AAA plus. you can get towed anywhere you want within 100 miles per day.

--------------------
=(

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

When I wrecked my mountaineer in Tahoe the AAA driver strait said he aint driving 100 miles anywhere and took it to the nearest tow yard. FUcker. Situation was so fucked I just left the car in Tahoe. I had AAA plus back then too,..then they tried to charge me for the tow...the driver never took my car info. Guy smelled like he'd been drinking.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
When I wrecked my mountaineer in Tahoe the AAA driver strait said he aint driving 100 miles anywhere and took it to the nearest tow yard. FUcker. Situation was so fucked I just left the car in Tahoe. I had AAA plus back then too,..then they tried to charge me for the tow...the driver never took my car info. Guy smelled like he'd been drinking.

that is what sucks about AAA.. i mean i've never been mistreated or anything like that.. but sometimes they have contracts with some shitty ass towing companies. the day my mom crashed the guy that showed up was being and asshole and was exremely rude. so i told him to get lost. i called AAA and demanded to have someone else come by.
I only did this cause they police was there [Razz] otherwised i would have chickened out.
AAA sent a different two track by within 20 minutes. [patriot]

Sounds like you didn't have a problem with AAA but with that driver.
good luck

--------------------
=(

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you knowingly abuse the system, AAA can cancel your service. It's all in the fine print when you signed up, it's for emergency use only. And even then, if your car breaks down frequently, even for legitimate reasons, they will still cancel your service because you are no longer profitable.

Now, the tow truck companies are independent and bill AAA for services and they want all the business they can get, so they won't really care what the reasoning is for the tow so you can easily get away with it.

The point is, everything you do gets put into the AAA system. Where you get picked up, where the car gets dropped off. If you do that kind of stuff too often, you may need to find a new emergency service company.

But, if you believe in karma, it sounds like AAA screwed you over when you totaled your car, so I say they owe you one.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

In the 6 years I've had the plus membership I used them one for a 2 mile tow. Then got shafted when I totalled my car.

The car I'm looking at tomorrow (if purchased) needs to be towed home from Pacifica to Fremont about 45 miles. Would that be abusing the system? Or is it strickly for emergency road side assistance? [patriot]

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

that tow sounds within your rights as a paying member.
Call them up. say. my car is at such and such address and it doens't start. Please send a Flatbed and have it delieved at this address..

--------------------
=(

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
that tow sounds within your rights as a paying member.
Call them up. say. my car is at such and such address and it doens't start. Please send a Flatbed and have it delieved at this address..

I'll be doing just that. I'd drive it but it has no windsheild, tire rot, 8 year old gas and brakes that are not in the best shape. [Big Grin] wish me luck
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I hit a deer in my 94 GT AAA towed it to my house and pushed it into my garage for me. I would be very demanding if I broke down in the bay area to have my vehicle towed back to Sac. up to my 100 miles with my plus membership.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com