Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do you guys think this is a lil TOO much? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you guys think this is a lil TOO much?
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here it the link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/231986998.html

So I call over and talk to the internet sales manager. I ask him about it and ask if that was a misprint. He said , "actually it is." I thought whew good maybe i can afford it. Then he goes "It's 37,995"

[Eek!]

So I talk to him and ask why is it so much? He tells me well it has new wheels, exhaust, and i think six new gauges for the oil and the pressure of the oil"

I told him "so you justify 10000 dollars for some wheels, exhaust, and a gauge that tells me if the oil was hot or cold?"

He then told me, "No no, Close your eyes and just look at the car, not the price!"

Im going there today after work probably just cuz im bored and like to eff around with people.

KBB suggested Retail Value is $27,505, trade in value is $22,850 which is probably more than what they gave the poor guy.

I just had to share this. Don't buy anything at Future Ford. I made the mistake of buying an oil filter there cuz it is close to work and they ripped me off cuz it was 4 dollars cheaper at pep boys.

[ November 09, 2006, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Pittsburg Mustang Owner ]

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well they are ccw wheels, but still the price is way to high, maybe 29k?
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
well they are ccw wheels, but still the price is way to high, maybe 29k?

8K for wheels? I'd tell them to shove it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should we all call him and give him crap? [Big Grin]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:

So I talk to him and ask why is it so much? He tells me well it has new wheels, exhaust, and i think six new gauges for the oil and the pressure of the oil"

Six gauges [Confused]

Something doesn't sound right.

When i hear about dealers turning these cars around it's hard for me to trust what the previous owner(s) did as far as mods.

Lots of people modding them and putting them back to "stock" after they're done beating the shit outta the car......not everyone but...... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck that place they tryed to sell me an 06 gt auto for 34k 3 months ago
wikaweez
¯
Member # 7171

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wikaweez  Ford pictures for wikaweez    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let's all call him and give him a welcome!! what is the name and # ?

[ November 09, 2006, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: wikaweez ]

Posts: 108 | From: From Da Bay to SAC/Elk G. | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
name was nasim i think it was and the number is in the craigslist post
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
Here it the link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/231986998.html

So I call over and talk to the internet sales manager. I ask him about it and ask if that was a misprint. He said , "actually it is." I thought whew good maybe i can afford it. Then he goes "It's 37,995"

[Eek!]

I told him "so you justify 10000 dollars for some wheels, exhaust, and a gauge that tells me if the oil was hot or cold?"

He then told me, "No no, Close your eyes and just look at the car, not the price!"

Im going there today after work probably just cuz im bored and like to eff around with people.

KBB suggested Retail Value is $27,505, trade in value is $22,850 which is probably more than what they gave the poor guy.

I just had to share this. Don't buy anything at Future Ford. I made the mistake of buying an oil filter there cuz it is close to work and they ripped me off cuz it was 4 dollars cheaper at pep boys.

I'll sell you my 04 Cobra, It's cleaner and has some nice mods done to it for a hell of a lot less than 38K it puts out 470rwhp and 465Tq let me know if you ar interested
1EVLSNKE
¯
Member # 4789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1EVLSNKE  Ford pictures for 1EVLSNKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I stoped at the dealership were the car is at.I looked at it and the car has a kenne bell supercharger,headers,o/r xpipe,bassani catback,alum,heat exchanger and of course the ccw wheels.so i took it for a test drive and i have 2 say that the car has alot of power!!  -
 - [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
LS WHAT
ORGANIZATION
VICTORIES:
GM INC,1 Sic formula(FRDEATR)

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BLOWN 4.6:
I stoped at the dealership were the car is at.I looked at it and the car has a kenne bell supercharger,headers,o/r xpipe,bassani catback,alum,heat exchanger and of course the ccw wheels.so i took it for a test drive and i have 2 say that the car has alot of power!!  -
 - [Eek!] [Big Grin]

That makes more sense now!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
Originally posted by BLOWN 4.6:
 - [Eek!] [Big Grin]

That makes more sense now!
yea it does, I wonder how much hp the snake puts down

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
O/R X pipe? They need to at least make the car smog legal before trying to sell it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"No no, Close your eyes and just look at the car..."

if anyone can explain how this is done i sure would appreciate it

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think its still TOO MUCH. I have an 2003 cobra i'm asking $26,500 hint hint......LOL

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha you should see their Blue Lightning they had for sale this summer.

It was $29,999 and had 40k+ miles on it. Bone stock.

Those things MSRP are like $32,300.

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

yeah the guy just sent me those exact same pictures.

But reguardless, a 10K mark up on a used car that was already modded?

You know damn well they gave whoever traded that car 20K.

Imma peep it tomorrow after work. But i was pleasantly surprised.

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont care what kind of wheels they are or how much they cost, there still ugly lol.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eagle347:
I dont care what kind of wheels they are or how much they cost, there still ugly lol.

+1
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KB, Long tube headers, high flow X pipe, exhaust,.. 650 RWHP, full suspension. Thats the list I got.

[ November 10, 2006, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: 9Venom9 ]

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
KB, Long tube headers, high flow X pipe, exhaust,.. 650 RWHP, full suspension. Thats the list I got.

......on pump gas [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on fulton ave in sac their is one in the low 20 for a black 03' cobra i think their is a lot of miles though but they do offer warr.

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The wheels alone + tires cost close to 3k.
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Way too much money even with all those mods.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
e89notch
¯
Member # 6610

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e89notch  Ford pictures for e89notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup..too much

--------------------
Sleeper on the streets

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com