Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Niners are outa here!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: The Niners are outa here!!!!
5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope they move far far away
Its movin time.

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Mad] nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This kinda sucks in a way because with the A's also moving, it may start a trend with the raiders and warriors. Fremont A's?????????????????? FTL [Mad] [Mad] [BS flag]

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Niners are in a shithole stadium and and even worse a shithole city.Im sure the move would be nothing but good for the team.Hell Id actually go to some games if it happens!
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
This kinda sucks in a way because with the A's also moving, it may start a trend with the raiders and warriors. Fremont A's?????????????????? FTL [Mad] [Mad] [BS flag]

its gonna be called sanjose a's of Fremont. fuck yeah! now people wont be scared to go to there a's stadium, they will sell way more tickets and a new staduim by automall [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My ? is if they are concerned about traffic problems won't that just make it a nightmare out in S.C. area.

Don't they already have enough traffic out there?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn this is the worse news I've heard all year. WTF! At least let em keep the name for history purposes. Fukk the name "Santa Clara 49ers" WTF is that. Santa Clara doesn't have any real history. This is bullshit. Damn I wish I was a millionare so I can just pay for the stadium myself. Sad day for niner fans. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

[ November 09, 2006, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
My ? is if they are concerned about traffic problems won't that just make it a nightmare out in S.C. area.

It's in a business zone and that area is quite dead on Sundays. 237 would be the bottleneck, but we're only talking 10 home games a year. I think it would be great if they moved to Santa Clara, it might even get BART to San Jose sooner. But, there's no way they'd be able to get a deal done by 2008, especially if they plan on using public money.

But, the reality is, this is likely just a media ploy to get SF back on the bargaining table.

[ November 09, 2006, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Wolfie351 ]

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
quote:

It's in a business zone and that area is quite dead on Sundays. 237 would be the bottleneck, but we're only talking 10 home games a year. I think it would be great if they moved to Santa Clara, it might even get BART to San Jose sooner. But, there's no way they'd be able to get a deal done by 2008, especially if they plan on using public money.

But, the reality is, this is likely just a media ploy to get SF back on the bargaining table.

Makes sense when you put it that way especially if regards to getting BART into the south bay like they've been wanting too for many years.

Either way i'd still go and watch them.....but i would like to be in a nice new stadium.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
Damn this is the worse news I've heard all year. WTF! At least let em keep the name for history purposes. Fukk the name "Santa Clara 49ers" WTF is that. Santa Clara doesn't have any real history. This is bullshit. Damn I wish I was a millionare so I can just pay for the stadium myself. Sad day for niner fans. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

It said this in the article:
quote:
York said the team will not change its name even if he decided to move.

"Nothing will persuade us to change the name of the
San Francisco 49ers, one of the most storied brands in the world of sports," he said.

I agree though, Santa Clara 49ers sounds recockulous.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1. That is very likely.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As long as they're still called the SF 49ers and still are on the peninsula it's all good. Candlestick is a PITA to get in and out of on gameday.
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:

From what I understand the name will NOT change [patriot]

[ November 09, 2006, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: HaulinAssMaro ]

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
quote:

I agree
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
I hope they move far far away

[Whoo Whooooo!] [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just say the news, says they plan on moving and starting their 2012 season there. the sf mayor is pissed they are leaving and keeping the sf name.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
the sf mayor is pissed they are leaving

That mayor is fukkin homo.Coming from a fukkin moron that tried to legalize faggot marriage,he should have NO SAY in my book.Besides he isnt going to be the mayor anymore so who cares what he has to say.
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like it WAS just a ploy to get SF back on the bargaining table. And the city council wants to pass a bill to disallow the use of "San Francisco 49ers" for any team not playing within SF city limits

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15982436.htm

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com