Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Camcorder question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Camcorder question
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought a Sony DVD camcorder and I cant save the video onto my computer. The software that came with the camera does not detect the camera when I plug it in. I called Sony and they did not help me at all. There is a program that came with my computer called Intervideo WINDVD. It detects and plays the video from the camera, but does not let me do anything else with it. Windows Media Player also plays the video. The computer also came with Windows Movie Maker, but it says "a video capture device was not detected" I have downloaded several free video editing programs from the internet, but have not had luck with them either. Basically all I want to do is to be able to save my videos onto the computer so that I can upload them to the internet. This has been very frustrating. I have been messing with it for a few weeks. Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks Mike

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eagle347:
I just bought a Sony DVD camcorder and I cant save the video onto my computer. The software that came with the camera does not detect the camera when I plug it in. I called Sony and they did not help me at all. There is a program that came with my computer called Intervideo WINDVD. It detects and plays the video from the camera, but does not let me do anything else with it. Windows Media Player also plays the video. The computer also came with Windows Movie Maker, but it says "a video capture device was not detected" I have downloaded several free video editing programs from the internet, but have not had luck with them either. Basically all I want to do is to be able to save my videos onto the computer so that I can upload them to the internet. This has been very frustrating. I have been messing with it for a few weeks. Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks Mike

are you sure the camcorder is connected correctly?
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, because windows media player and another program will play the video from the camera.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com