Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » thinking of selling

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: thinking of selling
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thinking I might want an older muscle car to dick around with but everytime I go to post my car for sale I change my mind. Anyone else do that?
whyteLX5.0
¯
Member # 6023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyteLX5.0  Ford pictures for whyteLX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup all the time. But once i find a serious buyer im pretty sure id go through with it
Posts: 195 | From: Pittsburg/Antioch | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bro, I've been tossing around the idea of getting a 67-68 Mustang for a long time. I've even gone to see a few and almost pulled the trigger. I just have not been able to let go of my notch when it comes down to it.

I like the idea of having a car that is carbed and that I don't have to smog. Sky is the limit.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know,... Right when I got my car how I want it I start lookin for something else. If I do sell it I'm going no smog for sure. I've never had a problem smoggin my mustang but I'd rather not have to worry about it. I know I wont get what I want for it either. Although I do see these beat up stangs all over craigslist for 4,5,6k and mine is way nicer. Oh well, maybe someday
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go presmog and never look back [patriot]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
I know,... Right when I got my car how I want it I start lookin for something else. If I do sell it I'm going no smog for sure. I've never had a problem smoggin my mustang but I'd rather not have to worry about it. I know I wont get what I want for it either. Although I do see these beat up stangs all over craigslist for 4,5,6k and mine is way nicer. Oh well, maybe someday

I think we all have our phases...Last week I wanted to buy sway bars for the Merk, now I'm thinking of a new turbo and rebuilding the long block....The truth is you'll never get back all the time you've put into your car...I miss my '94 Mustang everyday...If I wasn't hurting for money at the time I shore as hell would've kept it, but now I don't have to worry about the smog(no cats) or cops(window tint)...

....Save for some aluminum heads/cam...Once those are installed I think you'll wanna keep that bitch for a while....Remember the grass is always greener... [Wink]

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If ur unsure of sellin her, then don't do it! U might regret it big time. I know I do! I really miss my Maroon Notch! [Frown] Tried to buy her back even [Razz] She was the cleanest Stang I've ever owned & had a lot of MaximumMotorsport on her. Oh well, if he ever decides to sell, said I'll have 1st dibs [Big Grin]
 -

[ October 28, 2006, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: STREETFIGHTER50 ]

:
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

good points. I'm looking for a cheap project car that is pre smog. [patriot]
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah why do you have to sell the stang man just find a old classic that is cheap and fix start looking for the old ladies with 30 xxx on the 454 or 455(big block olds yeah)

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I regret selling my ex-chp coupe
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree! Hold onto the notch if You can.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you guys explain why.. you love the fox bodies so much?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by morespeed:

Its a modern day muscle car with creature comforts.

It has a solid live axle with posi from the factory. It is available with a pushrod V8 with EFI. Most of them came with AC, power windows, power locks. They were available with a 5 speed transmission that you could powershift. The 87-93 has the biggest aftermarket in the world. They are relatively light weight. Many parts from the newer Mustangs carry over (I very easily aquired 5 lug 4 wheel disks for example). The junkyards are full of them in case you need parts. And I just think they look incredibly tough. The 87-93 is my generations muscle car (I am 25)

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by morespeed:

Its a modern day muscle car with creature comforts.

It has a solid live axle with posi from the factory. It is available with a pushrod V8 with EFI. Most of them came with AC, power windows, power locks. They were available with a 5 speed transmission that you could powershift. The 87-93 has the biggest aftermarket in the world. They are relatively light weight. Many parts from the newer Mustangs carry over (I very easily aquired 5 lug 4 wheel disks for example). The junkyards are full of them in case you need parts. And I just think they look incredibly tough. The 87-93 is my generations muscle car (I am 25)

You can buy them cheap and make them go really fast for cheap [Big Grin] My '92 has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Don't get me wrong, I have had some shit go wrong with it, but it's never left me stranded on the side of the road and has always started at the 1st turn of the key. Except once when the battery died [Wink]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah... makes sense parts are cheaper than Chevy. Upgrades are cool.

I guess the 87-92 camaro wasn't all that great either.

I'm slowly getting an acquired taste for fords.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com