Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » one of my fellow officers was murdered this morning... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: one of my fellow officers was murdered this morning...
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
October 27, 2006
SHERIFF’S DEPUTY KILLED

At 3:27 a.m. this morning (Friday, 10/27/06), a Sacramento Sheriff’s Deputy assigned to the South Bureau conducted a vehicle stop at Meiss and Dillard Roads on a white Chevrolet van with one occupant.

Approximately seven minutes later, the Sheriff’s Communications Center conducted a welfare check on the officer, without a response units responded to his location.

The initial responding unit arrived at the location approximately 20 minutes later and found the Deputy with a gunshot wound to his head. At that point, officers requested emergency medical aid for the Deputy and initiated a large perimeter to begin conducting a search of the area. The Deputy was transported to the UC Davis Medical Center, where he was pronounced deceased at 4:45 a.m. as a result of his injuries.

Currently, an ongoing extensive search of the surrounding area and the southern part of Sacramento County is being conducted by multiple agencies including the California Highway Patrol, Sacramento Police, Elk Grove Police, Folsom Police, Rancho Cordova Police, Amador County Sheriff’s Office and numerous other law enforcement agencies.

Anyone with information regarding the van, which may have suffered damage while fleeing the scene or the homicide of this Sheriff’s Deputy, please contact the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department at (800)471-1700 or (916)874-6500 or via the Sacramento County Sheriff’s website at www.sacsheriff.com .

Deputy Jeffrey Mitchell, 38, is a 9-year veteran of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department and has been assigned to Patrol Services since 2002. He is survived by his wife and young children.

Sergeant RL Davis
Sheriff’s Spokesman

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Multiple agencies are assiting Sac P.D. Rancho Cordova P.d., Galt P.D., Folsom P.D., C.H.P., E.G.P.D. Amador County and others.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP

I hope they find the guy and shoot him

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sad to hear
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a cousin whos a sherrif in sac. sorry.
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My dad is a Placer County Sheriff...he said he already heard.....i wouldnt kno what to do if that was my dad..... RIP

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] wow very sad my prayers to him and his family

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP. I hope they find the guy who did it.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn... sorry hear that bro, officer was young too [Frown]
Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
RIP

RIP [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
RIP

RIP [patriot]
+1

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
RIP

RIP [patriot]
+1
couldn't agree more..
may he rest in peace.
stupid people like that should not only be killed.. but tortured beforehand.. [Mad]

--------------------
=(

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fucking shit bro.......

That hit close too....As Thursday at about 4am my friends conducted a car stop and observes the key hole is punched out. They try pulling the guy out and he takes off swerving the car at them bumping them.

We give chase out into the cuts by this time I'm flying 130mph+ to get to them but I'm a few miles away...make a long story short the guy blacked out in a very twisty road where he lost it and flipped the car.

Cacaroach theory pervailed on this one bro the guy got out of his car and foot bailed to no where land. Simply took to long for all the dust to settle before we could even get a visual on where the car had ended up.

This could have very easily went south from there for any of us.

I hope the piece of shit gets caught.

RIP My fellow Deputy. [Frown]

[ October 27, 2006, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heard they caught the guy

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Mad] that's f*ckin bullshit man.. i hope they find the sick f*ck who did this shit.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Heard they caught the guy

As of noon they found the van off of Kettlman Ln in Lodi.

Aperantly not the van after all [Frown] .

[ October 27, 2006, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
May the deputy rest in peace and my prayers are out to his family and friends.... I just graduated a couple of weeks ago, looking like im going to be a deputy as well. I hope they catch this dirt bag....

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That fucking sucks, just a man doing his job
fostang slideways94 you 2 keep safe and god bless all our officers

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they found a white chevy van in plymoth with 2 dead bodys in it.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No such thing as a "standard" car stop. RIP.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP...prayers to him and the family... [patriot]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by autumnstang97:

RIP
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
Originally posted by autumnstang97:

RIP
sorry to hear. RIP

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steve,

I didn't post anything on SacStangs about my feelings on the matter but I knew Jeff on a personal level since I lived out in Wilton for 28 years. I met him a few years ago when I was going through 00 SBRA 1 and he was just one of the type's of people that you would/will never forget. Jeff was an awesome human being and certainly did not deserve to die in the fashion that he did.

I hope when Jeff's killer is found that he/she resist's arrest and you guys can save the taxpayers the cost of a trial by jury.

RIP Jeffery V. Mitchell

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com