Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need some inside help with UPS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need some inside help with UPS
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone here work for UPS? I got a package yesterday and it had a hole in the side. The overall package was approx 2 feet long with a tear down the edge that was about 8-10 inches. I had a cam and a set of linkbar roller lifters in the package. The cam is gone.... the roller lifters were in a plastic bag that had a few layers of paper taped around them.... the paper was torn off and the bag ripped open, kinda looks like someone reached through the hole and tore it open. needless to say I'm missing my cam and 2 pair of the lifters..... I know, build a V6 you say.... There was no extra insurance on the package so I'm screwed but what about the issue with the fact that somone may have torn through the package? Is is common for a billet steel cam fall out of a box and go unnoticed? You can tell the package was handeled like in Ace Ventura and thats not acceptable. I havent had as much experiance with Fed Ex but thats my new choice of shipping at this point.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to work for a UPS store. All the people handling packages generally don't take care of it. Was there sufficient packaging? You should call up UPS and file a complaint. A box shouldn't be that mangled. FWIW, I've heard of some pretty shady people workin at UPS, and I'm not surprised if sometimes they steal stuff.

--------------------
2004 GT
94 GT - SOLD

Posts: 1879 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone stole my cam at FedEx.
They should do intense background checks at FedEx and UPS cause it seems they hire criminals.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
I used to work for a UPS store. All the people handling packages generally don't take care of it. Was there sufficient packaging? You should call up UPS and file a complaint. A box shouldn't be that mangled. FWIW, I've heard of some pretty shady people workin at UPS, and I'm not surprised if sometimes they steal stuff.

Yeah, I feel the package was misshandled at some point. There was a ton of paper in the box packing everything tight together and the cam was in a Ford Racing cam box tapped up. I was told this by the guy that sent the package and I trust him. He has good feedback from several people for good packing. I'm beyond pissed right now about this.... I work on the forklift at the main hub in west sac.... I dont think they want to piss me off.... [Mad]

[ October 10, 2006, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
File a claim. I think without insurance you might be screwed... [Frown]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
File a claim. I think without insurance you might be screwed... [Frown]

I can get $100 back but thats it. I'm just pissed because if an employee had kept their hand out of the box and torn open the packaging with the lifters I wouldnt have lost any of those. As it is I can replace the 2 pair that are missing with new ones but it will cost me $206 plus shipping.... now I've paid $400 for a set of used lifters that cost $450 new. They want us to buy insurance because they have a bunch of no tallent ass clown theivs as employees. I'm sure they would be upset if I wired the ground circut to the hot side of the ignition and burned their forklift down..... all I can say is FUKK UPS!

--------------------

Abandon him.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Here's a translation for some of you who dont understand what's going on in this thread.... page

and the new UPS website... UPS

[ October 10, 2006, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel your pain man. I sold a set of MINT condition black 91 seats to someone on ebay for over $500. They are located in California.

Driver seat and rear seat got there in 4 days. Passenger seat was shown as never being picked up from my location. This was on 8/25/06, just this past Friday I got the seat back to me 10/6/06 with smashed headrest, mangled seat tracks, broken plastic covers and busted off handles, also the seat NOT in its box. I refunded the guy $200 for the seat.

UPS claims to have sent me a check for $113.00 (have not seen the check yet)and they have no check number to verify. I was lucky,...the actaul seat is in perfect condition and last night I replaced everything that was damaged.

Now I have another mint condition black passenger seat if anyone is interested. Good luck with your cam issue. I'd consider it gone and start the claim for $100 [Frown]

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work for UPS and if you ship anythign worth value its always better to have the item insured. U should call the shipper and say my package is missing Blank item . Andput a claim in with UPS. Not all packages are misstreat sometims the belts damage them. But I wouldnt put it past some package handlers to steal things . . .. . sucks [Frown]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i work at ups, im a supervisor in the pre load and it seems like people dont know how to handle packages, there is a good chance that its just got ripped open on something, and there is a good chance some dumb ass opened it, they hire nothing but dumb shits at my work. i can talk to my supervisor and ask her what you could do about thie situation all talk to her in the morning and pm you.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
i work at ups, im a supervisor in the pre load and it seems like people dont know how to handle packages, there is a good chance that its just got ripped open on something, and there is a good chance some dumb ass opened it, they hire nothing but dumb shits at my work. i can talk to my supervisor and ask her what you could do about thie situation all talk to her in the morning and pm you.

I know someone opened at least the small package with the lifters inside. they were in a plastic bag with like 6 layers of news paper around them and tape circleing both sides. The paper was ripped off one side and the bag was torn open on the same side.... the lifters just fell out after that. The cam was in a factory
Ford Racing cam box with tape on it too. If you could help out that would be awesome. Thanks for the input everyone.
[patriot]

--------------------

Abandon him.

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Here's a translation for some of you who dont understand what's going on in this thread.... page

lol! i did my everyonesspace and myspace page! lol!

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by The Camaro Z-28 Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

lol! i did my everyonesspace and myspace page! lol!
I'm trying to have a little fun in a shitty situation....

--------------------

Abandon him.

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
Someone stole my cam at FedEx.
They should do intense background checks at FedEx and UPS cause it seems they hire criminals.

they do...thats why they didnt hire me...failed the background check...lol. but yeah i deal with receiving ups and fedex at my work all the time..and packages ocassionally come in pretty bad shape. the drivers just toss the boxes from their truck onto our dock like its nothing.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com