Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Muslim rips down tribute to 9/11 hero

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Muslim rips down tribute to 9/11 hero
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't understand some people.. [Mad]

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52264

Muslim rips down
tribute to 9/11 hero
26-year-old screams, 'This is political,'
as officer's cross memorial destroyed
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 3, 2006
2:07 p.m. Eastern
------------------------------------------------------------------------
©*2006*WorldNetDaily.com

A 26-year-old Muslim man tore down a portion of a memorial in New York City to a fallen hero of 9/11, screaming "This is political."

Turkish-born Adnan Emre was charged yesterday with destroying the tribute to New York City police officer Paul Talty, who was one of the first responders to the 9/11 attack, rushing into the south tower of the World Trade Center as it fell, the New York Post reported.

The memorial to Talty – who at age 40 left behind two children and a pregnant wife – consisted of his picture, a cross, a plaque and crossed American and Irish flags. The plaque is inscribed, "Rest in Peace, Paul. We miss you. God Bless."

It is attached to a light post at 50th Avenue and Vernon Boulevard in Long Island City.

Talty's wife gave birth to a girl two weeks after the attacks.

Emre faces a maximum penalty of a year in jail and a $1,000 fine for criminal mischief and disorderly conduct, according to a spokeswoman for Queens District Attorney Richard Brown.

The vandalism was witnessed by a passing booth clerk for the Metropolitan Transit Authority, who contacted police, the New York paper said.

The owner of a deli across from the memorial, Sung Park, fondly remembers Talty as a regular customer.

"Who would do this? He's a nut," Park said. "People died on 9/11 and this sicko destroys the memorial? You must be really sick."

The officer's mother, Barbara Talty, told the Post, "There are so many deranged people. This doesn't surprise me, but it's sad."

Talty's sister, Patricia Dougan, said the suspect must be unstable.

"I just have to think whoever would do this isn't right in the mind," she said.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone should have shot him on the spot.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:

[patriot]
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still think it's funny that the Pope said that Islam is a violent religion. So muslim's were like "Islam isn't a violent religion!!" then they started burning shit, hurting/killing people, and making threats against peoples lives. Hmmm....

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MustangNate:
I still think it's funny that the Pope said that Islam is a violent religion. So muslim's were like "Islam isn't a violent religion!!" then they started burning shit, hurting/killing people, and making threats against peoples lives. Hmmm....

I have always said that, yet people still disagree with me. [Roll Eyes] Now, I have nothing against most Muslims, but like every crowd, there are the extremists that ruin it for them all.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MustangNate:

I also think its funny that the Pope "didn't mean what he said"

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you study islam and actually read the quran you will realize that it doesn't condone violence. It actually states that if you hurt one Person, the sin for that is like hurting the entire man kind. SO VIOLENCE IS AGAINST ISLAM. Any scholor of ISLAM can tell you that.

Please don't JUDGE muslims becasue of THESE IDIOTS (terrorist and few others)! Ya like every culture, we too have our bad people but unlike other cultures and religions THESE TERRIROSTS USE ISLAM and it has made a beautiful religion into a violent/hatefull religion.
I could go on and on, but just think do we judge all other races by their criminals??? NO, so why do we judge muslims by its criminals????

I hope no one takes offence in what I wrote, This is my opinion.

Navid
YES I'm a MUSLIM and an X-MARINE!

[ October 04, 2006, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: NavidR ]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whoa everybody needs to calm down just a little bit.
quote:
Really? How would you justify this, Fight stupidy, ignorance with violance, that just doesnt seem logical to me. So its very easy for you to take another persons life, your very casual about it. Think before you act(or in your case, type) [Roll Eyes]

quote:
That quote came from a 14th century Byzantine emperor, this came 700 years after the prophet past away, (meaning anything that emperer was talking about was far beyond the time of the prophet, and done by later generations that had become corrupted and not upon islam, mostly the ottoman empire [Modern day turkey]) and the Byzantines was a christian empire, meaning not very friendly towards Islam. It makes sense that something like that was said at that point in time due to the ignorance and hatred and this very close after the crusades. But for it to be quoted now and by him, he is the ambassador of christianity, he cannot say something that ignorant in this day and age.
And those people who call themselves muslims, yet do the things that we see on T.V. is unacceptable, all of those things happen in parts of the world where true islam is not practiced, but more of a cultural interpretation of it, and again there are very bad people everywhere and in every group.

There are people and groups out there that oppose violence and murder and destruction, but you dont see them because there are no outlets for thier message to get out, the media doesnt give them any airtime, so its basicaly word of mouth, internet and smaller venues as such. If anybody would like to have a civilized discussion about this subject, feel free to pm me.

[ October 05, 2006, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: 5.0Caliber ]

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Caliber:
Whoa everybody needs to calm down just a little bit.
[QUOTE]Someone should have shot him on the spot.

Really? How would you justify this, Fight stupidy, ignorance with violance, that just doesnt seem logical to me. So its very easy for you to take another persons life, your very casual about it. Think before you act(or in your case, type) [Roll Eyes]
I did think about it. Stupid people shouldn't be breeding the world would be a better place without this guy and others like him.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People should be SHOT for saying ISLAM is a VIOLENT Religion. Islamic is a Religion, no one can force people to follow it, followers go by the Holy Quran. Some decide not to follow it and agree with violence and cause violence, those people aren't Muslims.

Get your facts straight kids

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
If you study islam and actually read the quran you will realize that it doesn't condone violence. It actually states that if you hurt one Person, the sin for that is like hurting the entire man kind. SO VIOLENCE IS AGAINST ISLAM. Any scholor of ISLAM can tell you that.

Please don't JUDGE muslims becasue of THESE IDIOTS (terrorist and few others)! Ya like every culture, we too have our bad people but unlike other cultures and religions THESE TERRIROSTS USE ISLAM and it has made a beautiful religion into a violent/hatefull religion.
I could go on and on, but just think do we judge all other races by their criminals??? NO, so why do we judge muslims by its criminals????

I hope no one takes offence in what I wrote, This is my opinion.

Navid
YES I'm a MUSLIM and an X-MARINE!

Thank you, 90% of these nerds sit behind cafords.com on one browser and cnn.com on the other one with coffee in their hand thinking they are really OUT there stating things judging it off media.

ON EDIT : Its quite funny because these are the same geeks always debating and responding over "ghetto" , "urban" and religion threads like as if they know whats it really like

[ October 05, 2006, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: AL STOCK ]

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

"When Muhammad died, Muslims faced the challenge of creating institutions to preserve the community. Muslims believe that the revelation was completed with the work of Muhammad, who is described as the seal of the prophets. The leaders after Muhammad were described only as khalifahs (caliphs), or successors to the Prophet, and not as prophets themselves. The first four caliphs were companions of the Prophet and their period of rule (632-661) is described by the majority of Muslims as the age of the Rightly Guided Caliphate. This was an era of expansion during which Muslims conquered the Sasanid (Persian) Empire and took control of the North African and Syrian territories of the Byzantine (Eastern Roman) Empire. The Muslim community was transformed from a small city-state controlling much of the Arabian Peninsula into a major world empire extending from northwest Africa to central Asia.

This era ended with the first civil war (656-661), in which specific conflicts between particular interest groups provided the foundation for the broader political and theological divisions in the community and the Islamic tradition. The first two caliphs, Abu Bakr and Umar, had been successful in maintaining a sense of communal unity. But tensions within the community surfaced during the era of the third caliph, Uthman, who was from the Umayyad clan. Uthman was murdered in 656 by troops who mutinied over matters of pay and privileges, but the murder was the beginning of a major civil war.

The mutinous troops and others in Medina declared the new caliph to be Ali, a cousin of Muhammad who was an early convert and also the husband of Muhammad's daughter Fatimah (and, therefore, the father of Muhammad's only grandsons, Hasan and Husayn). According to Shi'i Muslim tradition, there were many people who believed that Muhammad had designated Ali as his successor. An Arabic term for faction or party is shi'ah, and the party or shi'ah of Ali emerged clearly during this first civil war. Ali's leadership was first challenged by a group including Aisha, the Prophet's most prominent wife and a daughter of the first caliph, Abu Bakr. Although Ali defeated this group militarily, it represented the tradition that became part of the mainstream majority, or Sunni, tradition in Islam, recognizing that all four of the first four caliphs were rightly guided and legitimate.

Ali faced a major military threat from the Umayyad clan, who demanded revenge for the murder of their kinsman, Uthman. The leader of the Umayyads was Muawiya, the governor of Syria. In a battle between the Umayyad army and the forces of Ali at Siffin in 657, Ali agreed to arbitration. As a result, a group of anti-Umayyad extremists withdrew from Ali's forces and became known as the Kharijites, or seceders, who demanded sinlessness as a quality of their leader and would recognize any pious Muslim as eligible to be the caliph. When Ali was murdered by a Kharijite in 661, most Muslims accepted Muawiya as caliph as a way of bringing an end to the intracommunal violence."

http://www.cqpress.com/context/articles/epr_islam.html

[ October 05, 2006, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: 1968_Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Nevermind . I stand behind my previous post

[ October 05, 2006, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: AL STOCK ]

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I'd also like to add that i was never talking about the guys religion. He should be shot because no person who died believing they were doing right thing should ahve their memorial or grave screwed with. The french who spray painted on the American Soldiers who died trying to free them from Hitler, they should be shot too. I would never go and piss on Muhommad's grave or anyone elses for that matter even if i don't agree with it or what they did.
I also want to say i believe religion is the devil. 90% of all wars have been started because of someone not believing in someone elses religion. God doesn't care if you believe in Jesus or pray 5 times a day, if he truely created us just us acknowledging that he exists will please him. People who push their religion on others are crazy, people who look down on others because they don't believe what they believe is crazy. Those people are doing the devils work not gods.
Thats all i have to say in this post.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

OldSchoolFormula
¯
Member # 823

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OldSchoolFormula  Ford pictures for OldSchoolFormula    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:

Referring to "non-believers"...

2:191 And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

2:216 Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one of my friends are muslim. he is the most mild mannered guy I ever met.

another example in reverse..
catholics... are not supposed to be rapping little boys in sunday school. where in the bible does it say its ok to do that?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
muslim or not he needs a bullet.
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are told that there is a difference between extremist Islam and peaceloving normal Islam.

Judging by their behavior, Muslims are anti-West, anti-Democracy, anti-Christian, anti-Jewish, anti-Buddhist, and anti-Hindu. Muslims are involved in 25 of some 30 conflicts going on in the world: in Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bosnia, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Cyprus, East Timor, India, Indonesia (2 provinces), Kashmir, Kazakastan, Kosovo, Kurdistan, Macedonia, the Middle East, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Sudan, Russia-Chechnya, Tajikistan, Thailand, Uganda and Uzbekistan.

Doesn't this mean that extremist Islam is the norm and normal Islam is extremely rare?

Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmmn, very good point.

good information.

a thought,

In the old days.. the Spanish conquistadors eradicated almost all the Incas because they did not believe in GOD.

Is this anywhere similar in comparison?
The Incas believing in their Sun god. And the Spaniards believing God.

Western civilization(modern) believing in God. The Eastern civilization(old school) believing in ?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com