Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Gotta get lucky once in a while

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Gotta get lucky once in a while
AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
During the time I've been here on CAFords, I've seen a lot of threads about really nice mustangs getting stolen by some jerk off and then having the shell found in Oakland or San Pablo a short time later. So it wasn't a huge surprise to me when last month my mom's 89 LX vert 5.0 got stolen from the BART station in Fremont. What really pissed me off though is that she's nearly disabled and so her car was in a handicapped spot (with the sticker) when the SOB stole it.

Anyway, I honestly didn't expect to see it ever again. Well last week she got a call from the Oakland PD saying they'd recovered the car and it was at an impound yard. We went up there last sunday so see what was left and after getting a vehicle release and arranging for a tow truck, they took me back to look at it.

I was expecting to find a sad shell of a car but I was like [Eek!] Walking up to it, the car was... exactly as I'd last seen it! As I got closer I realized that the hood and fenders were different; they didn't have any dents in them! I double checked the VIN and it was right car. They had replaced the hood, front fenders and front bumber! Then I popped the hood, and not only were the engine and transmission still there, but there was (keep in mind this car was BONE stock) a BBK cold air intake staring right back at me! "For Sale" was painted on the rear glass, so somebody must have tried to fix it up and sell it...

So we pulled out the car and I drove it around a bit and everything minus the front seat and stock stereo were totally fine. Who ever had the car broke the front seat so it wont stay upright and took the stock deck and speakers.

I just think it is hilarious that the car was stolen and came back in better condition than before!

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL!

Congrats!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AHAHAHAHAAAA thats fuckin hilarious [worship]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At least you got the car back though in good shape and not stripped.
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EASTBAY5_0:

thats real

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
quote:

thats real
+1
Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lmao. [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did they catch the person that stole it?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

925five.0
¯
Member # 3292

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925five.0  Ford pictures for 925five.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by luvmy5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
quote:

thats real
+1
Too many thieves tryin to get rich quick. My car audio was stolen and i cant imagine a whole car getting stolen. Karma is a bitch though.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the same thing happend to my buddy last week and he got it back now mind you when it was stolen it was a stock 87 cutlass supreme when he got it back it had 22"s onit major stereo system they replaced his waterpump fixed power steering and replaced the bent fender when he picked up the car he said it felt like being on pimp my ride

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1968_Fastback:
Did they catch the person that stole it?

We're not sure, but we think so because some how (we're not sure how) the impound yard that had the car also had a set of keys for it. Another weird thing is that the key (the set we got back with the mustang) that opens the passenger side won't open the drivers side.

We're waiting for the insurance company to send the original keys back. I'm thinking some locks might have been switched out or something.

Anyway, we are grateful and feel fortunate just to have the car back in running condition...

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha.. did you watch a show on msnbc yesterday night at 10pm? they busted a towyard company who was involved in stealing cars and insurance fraud.
Good luck.

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com