Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » SN95/New edge stangs/cobras.... What aftermarket gauges do you have?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SN95/New edge stangs/cobras.... What aftermarket gauges do you have?
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to get fuel press and maybe a/f but I'm undecided on where to mount and what ones to get.
Post up some pics!

[ September 28, 2006, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CRF4J8/yahoo-auto-20/ref=nosim

id get this one with autometer gauges

Posts: 632 | From: Dallas Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here's mine
 -

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is that an AEM W/B gauge?
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
here's mine
 -

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

I Fear No Five O
¯
Member # 5185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for I Fear No Five O  Ford pictures for I Fear No Five O    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by luvmy5.0:

+1 [patriot]

--------------------
"Haha, he's joking...It feels SO good when he jokes!" - Vince Vaughn, Wedding Crashers

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by I Fear No Five O:
quote:

+1 [patriot]
I already have decided on autometer gauges, but that bezel is for 94-00...01-04 moved the defrost to the radio bezel... I think they make one for 01-04 tho [Smile]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisS  Ford pictures for ChrisS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
Originally posted by I Fear No Five O:
quote:

+1 [patriot]
I already have decided on autometer gauges, but that bezel is for 94-00...01-04 moved the defrost to the radio bezel... I think they make one for 01-04 tho [Smile]
i know that someone makes em, i saw an 03-04 cobra with one
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Yeah, I believe summit sells them made by autometer.
The biggest thing I'm worried about is getting gauges that look close to the stock green hue of the cobra's gauges when the lights are on.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

quote:
The biggest thing I'm worried about is getting gauges that look close to the stock green hue of the cobra's gauges when the lights are on.

they sell boots to go over the bulbs. You just pull the bulb out of the back, slip the boot on and put the bulb back in

-

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

hmmm, not a bad idea at all.
where would be the best place for a widband 02 sensor to go? I'm thinking just before the driver's side cat.
Thanks man!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

ChrisS
¯
Member # 6699

put it before the cat. After the cat will give you a different reading. Thats just what ive been told so dont quote me
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

yeah, thats what I was thinkin. Thanks!

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here is a pic of my cockpit! I know a little to much! [patriot]
 -

Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a PLX wideband off ebay

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
i have a PLX wideband off ebay

How do you like it? any issues at all with it? where do you have the 02 bung installed at? I like that one.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

First Place Performance
¯
Member # 6277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Place Performance  Ford pictures for First Place Performance  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

OK, if you want guages to match the stock 03-04 cobra set-up, use Autometers NV series. They light up the same green. Then are white during the day. Also Autometer make that bezel w/o the defrost button for 01-04's. [patriot]

--------------------
First Place Performance, LTD.
www.fppauto.com
Your One Stop Shop For EVERYTHING Automotive!

Posts: 66 | From: Patterson, CA or Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
First Place Performance
¯
Member # 6277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Place Performance  Ford pictures for First Place Performance  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's the guages

Automoeter NV

--------------------
First Place Performance, LTD.
www.fppauto.com
Your One Stop Shop For EVERYTHING Automotive!

Posts: 66 | From: Patterson, CA or Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
mustangdude24
¯
Member # 6581

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangdude24  Ford pictures for mustangdude24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are the guages that you have? (A/F? Boost?)
quote:
Originally posted by gtstang03:
 -

Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In my old 98 Cobra I had Autometer Phantom gauges... Fuel Pressure and Boost on the pillar, as well as the Air/Fuel (not wideband) on the steering column. I got the little green condoms to match the cluster, but it didn't match 100%. I originally had plans to see if I could put a blue condom on top of the green condom as well as a brighter bulb to make up for the 2 layers on top, to see if I could match the stock blueish green hue of the factory cluster. It probably would have worked, I just ended up selling the car before I tried it.

But the 99+ GT's had that bright green hue, and Autometer Phantom series with just the green condom would have matched perfectly IMO.

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtstang03:
 -

I think the only thing missing is the clock. lol

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com