Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How long do points last

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How long do points last
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How long do points last on your record if you are with AAA? [Frown]
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any "normal" moving violation is on your on your dmv record for 3 years.so that the only amount of time that an insurance co. can use it against you.although traffic school will clear it completly.

BTW a serious moving violation will be on your driving record for 7 years but only counted as points for 3 years.But since its in your record the insurance co. "can" use it against you.

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Jackpine 5.0
¯
Member # 6349

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackpine 5.0  Ford pictures for Jackpine 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe they stay on your record for three years after the insurance is renewed. I don't think the point is actually recorded until you renew the policy. At least that was the case 4 or 5 years ago when I got a point for an accident and my insurance is AAA. You could probably call AAA and they might tell you.

--------------------
Jackpine Crew
94 Toyota - Straight Axled on 37's
87 LX - goin' for 12's on stock motor (airbox to oil pan)

Posts: 55 | From: Shingle Springs, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Jackpine 5.0
¯
Member # 6349

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackpine 5.0  Ford pictures for Jackpine 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The traffic school thing depends on the judge. If the judge allows you to take traffic school then your insurance won't find out about the point, but the dmv will still know. Taking traffic school is just a way to hide the point from your ins. so your premium doesn't go up.

--------------------
Jackpine Crew

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is considered a major violation that lasts 7 years?!?! 80 in a 65? Just got a ticket today and already have two points.

One point was given to me when I hit black ice and rolled my Mountaineer over. No one else involoved.

Other point was for 80 in a 35 but cop wrote 60 in a 35 to be nice.

I recently got a redlight ticket and went to traffic school for it so this ticket I got today I have no traffic school to attend. Can't I still ask the judge to attend traffic school?

Jackpine 5.0
¯
Member # 6349

You can ask, but odds are he'll say no. I believe the law is you can only take traffic school once every 18 months.

--------------------
Jackpine Crew

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Jackpine 5.0:
You can ask, but odds are he'll say no. I believe the law is you can only take traffic school once every 18 months.

Yeah I know about the 18 month thing,...but something makes me think they will let you attend traffic school before the 18 months if you ask. I could be wrong.

So anyone know what a major violation is?

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
Originally posted by Jackpine 5.0:

Yeah I know about the 18 month thing,...but something makes me think they will let you attend traffic school before the 18 months if you ask. I could be wrong.

So anyone know what a major violation is?

A major violation is like a DUI,Speed Contest,Reckless Driving Etc...Your tickets are not considered major violations.
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man ive tooken traffic school twice in one year before, both speeding tickets, only 8 mons apart, i didnt even ask for traffic school. the judge was so use to saying it cause everyone takes it, "he was just like, what do you plee i said no contest, he said traffic school i said yes," and that was it, and it never came back to get me either. so just say traffic school you should get it

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com